Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Glad I got the PPV tonight, still think Dana's a punk. :D

So far some great fights.

McDonald showed some guts but Maia is a bad biatch.

K-FLo, you are the man. Glad you won but I'm here to tell you Huerta is the future of the UFC and that division.

Still hate Kongo, people get all worked up because the dude is jacked but he still hasn't impressed me.

Lesnar, WOW! He just mauled Herring. I don't understand if he's been training subs why he didn't use them. I don't care if he wants to beat a guy up or not, take the sub when it's there. He showed a total lack of class IMO though. Leave the WWE antics out of the ring Brock. It was also pretty stupid of him to push Herring in the back after the first round. I could understand if Herring had been dissing him or something but from the interviews I saw Herring showed nothing but class and respect towards Brock. Mauled him, that dude is a freak of ****ing nature. WOW! I'll admit it, he's legit. I want him to fight Kongo next and after he dismantles his punkass give him the winner of Nog and Mir.

As for the GSP/Fitch, promised the wife I'd wait until she gets home to watch it. I'll be back in a little bit.

K-FLo, you are the man. Glad you won but I'm here to tell you Huerta is the future of the UFC and that division.

Lesnar, WOW! He just mauled Herring. I don't understand if he's been training subs why he didn't use them. I don't care if he wants to beat a guy up or not, take the sub when it's there. He showed a total lack of class IMO though. Leave the WWE antics out of the ring Brock. It was also pretty stupid of him to push Herring in the back after the first round. I could understand if Herring had been dissing him or something but from the interviews I saw Herring showed nothing but class and respect towards Brock. Mauled him, that dude is a freak of ****ing nature. WOW! I'll admit it, he's legit. I want him to fight Kongo next and after he dismantles his punkass give him the winner of Nog and Mir.

i'm not seeing Huerta as the future. any good wrestler will be able to beat him, his technique is missing, he's very wild, with not much of a wrestling base. i see him getting controled in alot of fights

Lesnar has some scary potential if he's a fast learner. 265-280lbs people should not be able to move that fast.

Finch = one tough mother****er, he lost but he also won, dudes a tough son *****

I'll say it right now GSP beats Penn handily. Penn has to move up weight while GSP remains normal. Penn is biting off more than he can chew right now, his ego's gonna get the best of him.

It's easy to say that. My first reaction as well. Then I think back to BJ's fights since he has rededicated himself to MMA. I'm with SU, BJ wins. One hell of a fight though.

I still think GSP is susceptible to submission (favoring BJ), and he can be out-punched (see their first matchup). With BJ's newfound conditioning, the only thing GSP wins at is wrestling. Put BJ on his back, and he's still lethal.

It's time for the 145 division to open up in the UFC, and let Torres come in. Dude is SCARY.

It's easy to say that. My first reaction as well. Then I think back to BJ's fights since he has rededicated himself to MMA. I'm with SU, BJ wins. One hell of a fight though.

I still think GSP is susceptible to submission (favoring BJ), and he can be out-punched (see their first matchup). With BJ's newfound conditioning, the only thing GSP wins at is wrestling. Put BJ on his back, and he's still lethal.

It's time for the 145 division to open up in the UFC, and let Torres come in. Dude is SCARY.

Torres has said after he defends the 135 title a couple more times, he wants to move up to fight Faber at 145.

now thats a fight i definitely want to see :cheers:

Torres has said after he defends the 135 title a couple more times, he wants to move up to fight Faber at 145.

now thats a fight i definitely want to see :cheers:

Agreed. That's how they should open up the 145 division. With that EXACT fight. Too big for WEC. Granted, the majority of the public won't appreciate it.

Agreed. That's how they should open up the 145 division. With that EXACT fight. Too big for WEC. Granted, the majority of the public won't appreciate it.

i'm not so certain about that. the Featherweights & bantamweights usually get the biggest receptions from the crowds in the WEC

the fights tend to be perpetual motion, crowds tend to like that sort of thing :laugh:

i'm not so certain about that. the Featherweights & bantamweights usually get the biggest receptions from the crowds in the WEC

the fights tend to be perpetual motion, crowds tend to like that sort of thing :laugh:

While that's true, the UFC has 15x the following, minimum, of the WEC. I'm saying UFC fans (majority) won't understand the huge implications of the fight, that's all.

Reactions:

Lesnar is a poorly trained bear. He landed one clean punch and half of the other guys face turned purple. If he ever learns to do something while fully controlling his opponent he's a nightmare for all heavyweights.

Huerta should not have taken this kind of fight so early in his career. Hopefully he responds well to seeing his limits. Huerta needs to focus on becoming a complete fighter. Right now he's raw talent with decent boxing and good wrestling. Kenny fought a great fight and should get in the ring with Sean "Clemens" Sherk.

GSP has to be considered in the pound for pound conversation. He just absolutely dominated a very good fighter. He was able to take down a fighter with some of the best take down defense in the UFC (70%) down at will. Huge performance by GSP tonight.

Thoughts on GSP vs BJ. Fighting BJ would definately be GSP's biggest challenge yet but if I had to pick a winner I'd favor GSP. BJ's conditioning is over stated and GSP is by far the better conditioned between the two. Let's also keep in mind the two have fought before and GSP won. One more thing to consider: Look at the records and the quality of opponents the two have fought since then. GSP has looked amazing against MUCH stronger competition.

Reactions:

Lesnar is a poorly trained bear. He landed one clean punch and half of the other guys face turned purple. If he ever learns to do something while fully controlling his opponent he's a nightmare for all heavyweights.

Huerta should not have taken this kind of fight so early in his career. Hopefully he responds well to seeing his limits. Huerta needs to focus on becoming a complete fighter. Right now he's raw talent with decent boxing and good wrestling. Kenny fought a great fight and should get in the ring with Sean "Clemens" Sherk.

GSP has to be considered in the pound for pound conversation. He just absolutely dominated a very good fighter. He was able to take down a fighter with some of the best take down defense in the UFC (70%) down at will. Huge performance by GSP tonight.

Thoughts on GSP vs BJ. Fighting BJ would definately be GSP's biggest challenge yet but if I had to pick a winner I'd favor GSP. BJ's conditioning is over stated and GSP is by far the better conditioned between the two. Let's also keep in mind the two have fought before and GSP won. One more thing to consider: Look at the records and the quality of opponents the two have fought since then. GSP has looked amazing against MUCH stronger competition.

BJ has fought in 3 different weight classes. P4P, BJ's better. The fight at WW? Obviously GSP has the advantage on weight.

That being said, don't forget about the specifics of the first fight. BJ knocked GSP around the ring for the first round. At the end of the fight, GSP looked like a guy that just got a steel chair shot. BJ lost, just like he lost to Hughes, on conditioning. Keep calling him out on conditioning. I made that mistake when he went against Sherk, and Sherk is close to GSP's cardio, and probably almost (if not as) strong as GSP.

I agree about the future of the division. I love KenFlo, but to me, there is no way he would stand a chance against Penn at some point.

I think Huerta would stand a chance at least. Huerta is wild and leaves himself open too much, but he could catch anyone at any time. His punches and knees are just so violent...if they land. That, to me, is why Florian won. He was so elusive. He caught some shots, but dodged a lot more. Which was a surprise to me. I have not seen that level of elusivness from KenFlo before tonight.

Huerta needs more dicipline, and I think tonight will teach him a lesson. If he harnesses the talent that he has, hs can be nasty.

Great night of fights though.