Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Whose gonna be in the tailgate chat tonight during the fights? I'll be there as long as it doesnt mess with Sop and if I can get my "company" to leave when I'm done. Is it wrong to fake sick to get a girl out of your house so you can watch the fights??

Whose gonna be in the tailgate chat tonight during the fights? I'll be there as long as it doesnt mess with Sop and if I can get my "company" to leave when I'm done. Is it wrong to fake sick to get a girl out of your house so you can watch the fights??

My sister called and said she and her boyfriend were gonna come over after they went out to dinner. I told her I wouldn't be home. :)

I'll be here, Lando.

Marc Laimon calls Tito Ortiz the new Ken Shamrock

"A funny thing happened at UFC 40, I was in Tito’s corner, I was one of his trainers for that fight. My friend was telling me, we were drinking, celebrating afterwards, and he’s like “You know what? In a few years Tito’s gonna be (inaudible) the Ken Shamrock, getting his ass kicked”. If you look at it, people saw Tito Ortiz but Tito Ortiz isn’t really anything special. He couldn’t even finish a season of college wrestling. Now that he can’t implement his game plan on people, he’s kind of a like, he’s a dying breed and now he’s become the new Ken Shamrock."

Here's the full interview:

http://mmayou.com/news-and-exclusive-interviews-with-mmayou/37-fighters/177-marc-laimon-part-3-tito-ortiz-is-the-new-ken-shamrock

I don't think that is as big a deal as you guys are making it seem.

Niether Pulver nor Heath hold their extra second of a choke against Penn or Babalu, so I'm not sure why anyone else would.

BJ has talked about licking Stevenson's blood off his gloves and I think it explains the extra long chokes and why the "victims" are fine with it. BJ said that he is in a fight out there and when you are in a fight you "cross over", and you don't just snap right out because the bell rings or the ref taps you on the shoulder. Sometimes it takes a second or two. That's all the choke was. Count with me: "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi". When you are in in fight with your adrenaline going that is like half a second. It wasn't like Pulver passed out like Heath did either. Pulver has said he respects Penn and wants to train with him. That should be enough.

I think you guys are judging something too harshly without having the proper perspective on it.

Just because Pulver didn't act like a ***** and make a huge deal of it does not make it okay. BJ held that **** on purpose, and everybody knows he did. Watch the replay. It's obvious. Actually, aside from sherdog nuthuggers, I haven't spoken to a single MMA fan that agrees with you.

As for Pulver wanting to train with BJ; why wouldn't you want to train with the guy that just whooped your ass? BJ's arguably one of the best P4P fighters in the world. Hell, I wouldn't care if he broke my arm by holding an armbar too long, if he could improve my game, I'd do it.

BTW, did they ever train together? If Jens could ever use the help, it would be for his upcoming fight with Faber. I really hope he's improved his ground game significantly, or Urijah is going to drop him on his head and sub him.

Just because Pulver didn't act like a ***** and make a huge deal of it does not make it okay. BJ held that **** on purpose, and everybody knows he did. Watch the replay. It's obvious. Actually, aside from sherdog nuthuggers, I haven't spoken to a single MMA fan that agrees with you.

As for Pulver wanting to train with BJ; why wouldn't you want to train with the guy that just whooped your ass? BJ's arguably one of the best P4P fighters in the world. Hell, I wouldn't care if he broke my arm by holding an armbar too long, if he could improve my game, I'd do it.

BTW, did they ever train together? If Jens could ever use the help, it would be for his upcoming fight with Faber. I really hope he's improved his ground game significantly, or Urijah is going to drop him on his head and sub him.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'll stick to my, no harm no foul; he is a pro who knew what he was doing thinking.

I don't know if he wnet down to train right after the fight, but no way he is down there right now. Faber has actually been training with BJ for a while now.

Just say you have to take care of a dog a few cities down and you'll be back around 1 oclock. A) They love that you take care of dogs and B) you'll almost be promised some play at 1 oclock :cheers:

Agree to disagree I guess. I'll stick to my, no harm no foul; he is a pro who knew what he was doing thinking.

I don't know if he wnet down to train right after the fight, but no way he is down there right now. Faber has actually been training with BJ for a while now.

Damn, that's right, I totally forgot about that. Pulver might be in a world of trouble.

On another note; Does anyone believe Sherk? His argument is very convincing (the fact that the lab he was tested at was very unclean/lots of contaminations/ 2 people that tested before him also tested positive/ Dana is backing Sherk up and saying the CSAC screwed Sherk over/ etc.). I don't know what to think. I do know that he doesn't look any worse for the wear. I think I originally blasted him for it, but after reading more about it, he does present a more convincing case. And, according to Sherk, the only reason he got suspended was because Dana didn't want to piss off the CSAC. In fact, Dana has okay'ed the fact that Sherk refuses to fight in California anymore.

Here's the biggest clue regarding Sherk's test for me. When they tested the lab for contaminates, a bottle of water came up positive for steroids. If this were a court of law and not an athletic commission the case would be over right there.

Just say you have to take care of a dog a few cities down and you'll be back around 1 oclock. A) They love that you take care of dogs and B) you'll almost be promised some play at 1 oclock :cheers:

Dude, I have 3 pugs, don't think that excuse is gonna work. I'll just tell her I have bad diahrea that usually gets em to leave.

Who wants to play a drinking game for tonight?

Every time Rogan says "Big ____ hand!" drink 1/3 a beer

Every time Rogan says the word "crazy" drink 1/3 a beer

Every time Rogan says "one of the greatest/best ____ in mixed martial arts" drink an entire beer...drink a beer and a half if he says the words "ever" or "history" in that sentence

----------

Every time Goldberg says something about Chuck Liddell 3/4 a beer

Every time Goldberg advertises that watch company drink 1/4 a beer

Every time Goldberg yells "and it's alllll over!" drink 1/4 a beer

Every time Goldberg yells "and here we go!" drink 1/4 a beer

For every second Goldberg leans over Joe Rogan, drink a chug of beer

----------

Every time Bruce Buffer stutters, poke a hole in the bottom of the beer can and chug

When Bruce Buffer says, "it's TIME!" drink a beer

----------

Drink 4 chugs of beer every time they focus on the ring girl's ass

Drink 4 chugs of beer any time they show a celebrity + 3 if they show their name

Drink 3 chugs when they show the Tapout crew

---------

Drink 3/4 a beer for every fight Mazagatti referees

Drink half a beer for every fight Herb Dean referees

---------

For every bunny hop Tito does before the fight, chug for 3 seconds

Every warning/point taken off Tito gets, chug for 7 seconds

Take a chug for every 10 seconds of laying and praying Sherk does

Drink half a beer if Jardine comes out holding his hands forehead level

Take a chug for every second Wanderlei has his hands clinched and rolls them back and forth before the fight

---------

Submissions

Triangle Choke = half a beer

RNC = 1/4 a beer

armbar = 1/4 a beer

guillotine = 1/3 a beer

gogo/omoplata = 6 beers :)

kneebar/ankle lock = 1/3 a beer

Knockouts

KTFO standing or on the ground = 3/4 a beer

TKO = 1/2 a beer

Ref stoppage = 1/4 a beer

Decisions

N/A

On another note; Does anyone believe Sherk? His argument is very convincing (the fact that the lab he was tested at was very unclean/lots of contaminations/ 2 people that tested before him also tested positive/ Dana is backing Sherk up and saying the CSAC screwed Sherk over/ etc.). I don't know what to think. I do know that he doesn't look any worse for the wear. I think I originally blasted him for it, but after reading more about it, he does present a more convincing case. And, according to Sherk, the only reason he got suspended was because Dana didn't want to piss off the CSAC. In fact, Dana has okay'ed the fact that Sherk refuses to fight in California anymore.

I believe Sherk thinks he should have tested clean.

I don't believe that Sherk is clean.

Like he said in the countdown "I am too smart to take steroids. Why would I risk everything when I know they will test me."

It was listening to him say these things that convinced me he is either taking HGH and/or blood-doping. He has never addressed the issue of steroids being bad or cheating being bad. He has only insisted that he is too smart to get caught for steroids. BJ asked him flat out out in the conference call if he took steroids, HGH, or has blood-doped and he only answered that he has never taken steroids.

I believe Sherk thinks he should have tested clean.

I don't believe that Sherk is clean.

Like he said in the countdown "I am too smart to take steroids. Why would I risk everything when I know they will test me."

It was listening to him say these things that convinced me he is either taking HGH and/or blood-doping. He has never addressed the issue of steroids being bad or cheating being bad. He has only insisted that he is too smart to get caught for steroids. BJ asked him flat out out in the conference call if he took steroids, HGH, or has blood-doped and he only answered that he has never taken steroids.

I never heard that conference call with BJ. Certainly an interesting take on the issue, and one I haven't really considered. I'd really be disappointed if he was doing either.

On a side note, how many fighters (U.S. fighters) do you think cheat? I was thinking about this the other day, and I think it's probably a lot higher than most expect.

I dont have enough beer to make it out of the first fight!!

You should see my fridge man, I've literally got a beer buffet.

Here's what's in the fridge now (mostly just 1 or 2 of each):

Amstel bottles, Miller Light cans, Blue Moon bottles, Flying Dog bottles, Bug Light Lime, Sam Adams that was recalled and we bought a Leinenkugel mixed summer 12-pack :laugh:

Amstel bottles, Miller Light cans, Blue Moon bottles, Flying Dog bottles, Bug Light Lime, Sam Adams that was recalled and we bought a Leinenkugel mixed summer 12-pack :laugh:

You forgot to add the directions to your house. :cheers:

Careful with those Sam's. There are glass shards in there.

You forgot to add the directions to your house. :cheers:

:laugh: :cheers:

Careful with those Sam's. There are glass shards in there.

I know man, my girl and I drank 3 out of a 6 pack then heard about the recall, I'm going to try and sell the last 3 on eBay and see if I get any bites.

Some teenage girls sold a corn flake shaped like the state of Illinois for like $1500 on there, I'm sure someone would pay something for glass-tainted Sams.