Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

BJ will die against GSP...gd...already mixing the belts???? Dude..lets keep the belts where they are...defend your ****ing belt

Nice fight BJ

WTF you talking about? Did you see the last fight? GSP didn't hurt Penn once. He won the fight because he leaned on Penn against the fence for the second and third round. He never hurt Penn. GSP on the other hand went straight from the venue to the hospital. Penn with the right conditioning would beat GSP 7 out of 10 times.

And if you hate mixing belts I assume you are against GSp-Anderson Silva?

I think Machida-Anderson would be a great fight.

And BJ, being BJ acts like a dumbass after the fight. I think all fighters should take lessons from Couture, Franklin, A.Silva, Liddell(most the time) on how not to act like a jackass afterwards.

Hugging Sherk, inviting him to train, and giving him respect in the interview is acting like a jackass?

Ok I just got back from watching this at a local bar, but the ****ing idiots had a live band playing so I had no audio the entire time. Can someone fill me in on what was said during tito's and penn's post fight interviews? Thanks in advance.

my picks for UFC 84:

Nakamura vs. Sokodjou: i see Sokodjou being a little too atheltic and explosive for Nakmura. Nak looked soft at weigh-ins, Sokodjou should be able to look good against him. Soko is stil very young, and should make some noise in the division down the line

Sokodjou by TKO (ref stoppage), 2nd Round

Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendes: Silva should be on some seek and destroy for this fight. if Mendes makes it out of the first, i'll be surprised.

Silva by KO, 1st Round

Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic: i know nothing about Reljic, but i was going to pick him because i'm not sold on Gouveia yet. at the weigh-ins Reljic head-butted Gouveia, so i'm thinking Gouveia will come out with some extra motivation. Gouveia will leg kick him and finish him on the ground.

Gouveia by sub, 2nd round

Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida: i've changed my mind about 10 times on this fight. Machida doesn't care about being boring and thus doesn't take any risks in the cage. his striking is so damn precise, and he's very good off his back using sweeps and such. Ortiz seems to be more motivated than i've seen him in a long time. i'm guessing he'll pull out all the stops to be able to flip Dana the bird on his way out.

Tito by Unanimous Decision

Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine: Silva is a legend on a losing streak. the only way Jardine wins this is if he keeps the fight on the outside and chops away at Silva with the leg kicks. Silva should come out aggressive and keep everything inside and finish him in the clinch. If Houston Alexander could damage Jardine in the clinch, Wandy should be able to as well.

Silva by KO, 2nd Round

B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk: i'm not so much of a Penn fan as i am a Sherk hater. BJ looked a little lean at the weigh-ins. i'm praying that he wins, but my gut is telling me Sherk will lay-n-pray his way to a decision. B.J. will give Sherk hell for first 2 and a half rounds, hopefull he can finish the fight within that frame, but i don't see it happening. Sherk has no neck, and stubs for arms that make him incredibly difficult to submit. I'm hoping Penn catches him with a wicked shot standing and is able to finish it though.

Sherk by Unanimous Decision (i hope i'm wrong though:( )

3/6, sadly that's one of my better peformances :laugh:

WTF you talking about? Did you see the last fight? GSP didn't hurt Penn once. He won the fight because he leaned on Penn against the fence for the second and third round. He never hurt Penn. GSP on the other hand went straight from the venue to the hospital. Penn with the right conditioning would beat GSP 7 out of 10 times.

Machida & Anderson train together so i doubt they would fight each other.

i don't know about 7/10, but i would give BJ Penn a great chance in the rematch. it would all come down to BJ's conditioning (shocker :silly: ). in the first fight, GSP was able to get him down because he leaned a tired Penn against the cage. BJ clearly won the stand up battle between the two. BJ is really the only person i've seen make GSP work for a takedown.

i would probably lean more towards Penn if they were to rematch, because i believe he would come in much better conditioning.

Ok I just got back from watching this at a local bar, but the ****ing idiots had a live band playing so I had no audio the entire time. Can someone fill me in on what was said during tito's and penn's post fight interviews? Thanks in advance.

Tito was classy. He thanked the Frettitas. He said his thing with Dana is personal, but he is taking two weeks off before making any decisions. He said he'd be fighting a lot more and to make sure to buy the ppv.

Penn gave respect to Sherk and said he wanted to make the biggest fight ever.

When asked about GSP he asked the crowd if they wanted to see the fight.

Hugging Sherk, inviting him to train, and giving him respect in the interview is acting like a jackass?

Actually, what I think SO was referring to was before all that, he ran over to Sherk, wiped the blood off him, and licked it. Pretty piss poor champion behavior if you ask me.

I'd totally take a GSP/ Penn fight. Penn will probably slack on his training, as per his usual...so, sure, I'd love to see that fight.

Actually, what I think SO was referring to was before all that, he ran over to Sherk, wiped the blood off him, and licked it. Pretty piss poor champion behavior if you ask me.

I'd totally take a GSP/ Penn fight. Penn will probably slack on his training, as per his usual...so, sure, I'd love to see that fight.

:laugh:

youre so funny...

but I like BJ but this is 3 times hes done something after the fight that is kind of questionable. the extra long choke on jens, the licking the blood from stevenson and now running across the ring to wipe off an obviously beaten and dazed sherk.

hes a great fighter no doubt, but he needs to pick up on his classy levels. :2cents:

I still can't believe those powerful leg kicks by Machida. Escaping Ortiz' armbar was amazing too...then Machida saying he would have died before he tapped

we were joking that he had to be greased up the way he was sliding out of Ortiz's grabs..

I didnt like he was defensive the whole time but thats just me. I wanted to see a slobber knocker.

Like how Wanderlay basically just sparred for 36 seconds with Jardine. He was out for a long time; I hope he is ok. He didnt look right when Silva tried to shake his hand on the way out.

War Machine once again went out like a punk. SD boy doesnt do good this time. Guess were putting our eggs in the Vera basket :laugh:

we were joking that he had to be greased up the way he was sliding out of Ortiz's grabs..

I didnt like he was defensive the whole time but thats just me. I wanted to see a slobber knocker.

Like how Wanderlay basically just sparred for 36 seconds with Jardine. He was out for a long time; I hope he is ok. He didnt look right when Silva tried to shake his hand on the way out.

War Machine once again went out like a punk. SD boy doesnt do good this time. Guess were putting our eggs in the Vera basket :laugh:

Didn't war machine get arrested not too long ago for fighting some guy in a parking lot?

And I seriously thought Jardine was dead after that fight...I was just glad to see him up and moving!

i still don't understand why Sherk didn't force BJ to spend some energy defending takedowns. even if he never got Penn to the ground, it takes alot of energy to defend, especially from someone as strong as Sherk. His gameplan was ass-backwards.

I doubt sherk wanted to deal with Penn on the ground. Yeah, it takes energy defending from takedowns, but BJ's ridiculously dangerous off his back... However, I knew BJ was going to dominate a wrestler in the standup too. Hard gameplan to figure out, no matter how you look at it.

youre so funny...

but I like BJ but this is 3 times hes done something after the fight that is kind of questionable. the extra long choke on jens, the licking the blood from stevenson and now running across the ring to wipe off an obviously beaten and dazed sherk.

hes a great fighter no doubt, but he needs to pick up on his classy levels. :2cents:

I agree, BJ's extremely talented...but he's a serious JACKASS. I would love for him to fight GSP again :D

:laugh: The third time Machida slid out like that the first thing that crossed my mind was vasaline...I can't stand Jardine but i would have liked to see the fight go a little longer. I was still happy with the results though. :D

I doubt sherk wanted to deal with Penn on the ground. Yeah, it takes energy defending from takedowns, but BJ's ridiculously dangerous off his back... However, I knew BJ was going to dominate a wrestler in the standup too. Hard gameplan to figure out, no matter how you look at it.

I agree, BJ's extremely talented...but he's a serious JACKASS. I would love for him to fight GSP again :D

i guess why i don't understand it is because he's controlled some pretty good BJJ guys before in Nick Diaz & Hermes Franca. Granted neither is on BJ's level (although Nick is close), but i thought he would at least try.

i feel sorry for the winner of Roger Huerta vs. "I Finish Fights". neither one has anything that should affect BJ.

WTF??? You win the belt and ****ing defend it. It's simple, you win and defend your ****. I don't care what happened, that was when GSP was barely done with puberty. Jesus Christ. Penn just talked about fighting GSP after beating TUF Stevenson and yearly-break Sherk? C'mon man, defend your belt. GSP/Penn would be great, but defend your belt for a second. This isn't mother****ing boxing.

well from what Ive been told you drink too much. :silly:

Oh shut it. Those rumors might not be completely untrue though......:laugh:

WTF??? You win the belt and ****ing defend it. It's simple, you win and defend your ****. I don't care what happened, that was when GSP was barely done with puberty. Jesus Christ. Penn just talked about fighting GSP after beating TUF Stevenson and yearly-break Sherk? C'mon man, defend your belt. GSP/Penn would be great, but defend your belt for a second. This isn't mother****ing boxing.

Exactly. Which is why I wasn't surprised with what Penn said. He's a jackass who's not concerned with defending his belt first

Oh shut it. Those rumors might not be completely untrue though......:laugh:

well its ok with me...ill just remember it and make sure to talk trash in PM to you about it :silly:

Tito took a hard knee to the ribs and recovered nicely from it to almost get him with 2 submissions. love him or hate him the guy can still fight. dana is dumb for being a prick to him because there are too many other games in town that tito can build up and make a lot of cash from. :2cents: