Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

you HAVE to shave your bikini line though. Its like a jungle down there and clients are complaining about furballs..

I'm so psyched for this event tonight. It's a beautiful day outside and I'm in my room chatting MMA with you guys. :laugh:

I'm so psyched for this event tonight. It's a beautiful day outside and I'm in my room chatting MMA with you guys. :laugh:

ill be sitting in a cigar bar smokin a stogie and drinkin.

but its been raining here for 2 days now and isnt going to stop all weekend.

****ing so cal weather!! :laugh:

:laugh: Me too WTF are we doing?

you HAVE to shave your bikini line though. Its like a jungle down there and clients are complaining about furballs..

:rotflmao:

Okay- It's only Monday of UFC84 week but I guess I'll go ahead and make my predictions:

Sokoudjou over Nakamura by TKO (G&P.)

Thiago Silva over Mendes by RNC.

Machida over Ortiz by KO, round 3. (I think I'm actually rooting for Tito. Weird.)

Reljic over Gouveia by decision. (I don't know Reljic but I don't believe in Gouveia. Some here do and you guys can laugh at me afterword if I'm wrong.)

Jardine over Silva by late TKO. (I want so bad to predict a Silva victory but I just think the Dean is on a roll with the kicks and heavy hands. Wandy's age is showing.)

BJ Penn over Sean Sherk by KO in the 2nd. (I have a sig bet with Orlando so I pray Sherk's cardio doesn't even get a chance to play into this one.)

So there are my knee-jerks. I've had a good year so far.

I'm so nervous about my picks all of a sudden. :)

I will never forgive him for holding his choke on Pulver after the ref told him to let go. That shows a lack of discipline. The fact that (at least in the past) he didn't have the greatest cardio shows that he lacked discipline.

I don't think that is as big a deal as you guys are making it seem.

Niether Pulver nor Heath hold their extra second of a choke against Penn or Babalu, so I'm not sure why anyone else would.

BJ has talked about licking Stevenson's blood off his gloves and I think it explains the extra long chokes and why the "victims" are fine with it. BJ said that he is in a fight out there and when you are in a fight you "cross over", and you don't just snap right out because the bell rings or the ref taps you on the shoulder. Sometimes it takes a second or two. That's all the choke was. Count with me: "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi". When you are in in fight with your adrenaline going that is like half a second. It wasn't like Pulver passed out like Heath did either. Pulver has said he respects Penn and wants to train with him. That should be enough.

I think you guys are judging something too harshly without having the proper perspective on it.

not to disagree with you here but when a ref taps you to break and you dont break and he has to tap you again you are intentionally choking him still and thats a big deal. that 2 seconds of blood loss to the brain can do something possibly.

its a profession not the back alley of a bar where you and joe blow are slugging it out.

my 2 cents..

I think you guys are judging something too harshly without having the proper perspective on it.

I do too. Some fighters are willing to go out without tapping so they probably endure an even longer choke. It can't make that much difference.

I'd hate to see this post quoted if a fighter ever gets immediate brain damage from an RNC though. :(

"I do too. Some fighters are willing to go out without tapping so they probably endure an even longer choke. It can't make that much difference."

The difference is those guys were tapping. They weren't just sitting there trying not to tap. And it's a huge difference. I've been competing in MMA and submission tournaments for almost 6 years. Having ref'd tons of grappling matches seeing the effects of a choke held too long is pretty bad. I've seen guys start seizing, pissing, and ****ting themselves. I even had one kid that lost the hearing in one ear for a few hours. That was pretty damn weird. I'd never heard of anything like that and haven't seen it happen since.

BTW, at the last tournament I was at we had a 15 year old girl clean out a mens division with 4 straight submissions. She even gave one guy a concussion with a nasty takedown. If I have daughters I hope they turn out like that. Then I could sleep at night!

"I do too. Some fighters are willing to go out without tapping so they probably endure an even longer choke. It can't make that much difference."

The difference is those guys were tapping. They weren't just sitting there trying not to tap. And it's a huge difference. I've been competing in MMA and submission tournaments for almost 6 years. Having ref'd tons of grappling matches seeing the effects of a choke held too long is pretty bad. I've seen guys start seizing, pissing, and ****ting themselves. I even had one kid that lost the hearing in one ear for a few hours. That was pretty damn weird. I'd never heard of anything like that and haven't seen it happen since.

Maybe thats the difference between the pros and the amateurs.

No harm no foul for me when it comes to this. Like I said before, if Pulver doesn't care I don't see why anyone else would. Just armchair fighting to me.

Yeah there's no excuse for holding a choke after the ref tells you to break

Well there you have it then. I changed my mind. Cahones knows his MMA. Even if he has no idea how to quote posts. :)

LOL! I only do that when I'm quoting part of someones post instead of the whole thing.

So what are the sig bets for tonight? I know there were a bunch of us talking about them but I don't remember if I actually have one or not.

Well there you have it then. I changed my mind. Cahones knows his MMA. Even if he has no idea how to quote posts. :)

Knows more than BJ, Babalu, Heath, and Pulver? I think they've been in more tournements than cahones. Unless........maybe.....Rickson, is that you?

LOL! I only do that when I'm quoting part of someones post instead of the whole thing.

So what are the sig bets for tonight? I know there were a bunch of us talking about them but I don't remember if I actually have one or not.

I have my usual with SkinsOrlando. He's got Musclejerk Sherk. I've got Beej.

Who else is betting?

Knows more than BJ, Babalu, Heath, and Pulver? I think they've been in more tournements than cahones. Unless........maybe.....Rickson, is that you?

When did I claim to know more than them? BJ and Babalu held their chokes even with the ref telling them to stop, that's what I was addressing. And if you think that they didn't know they were holding them too long then you're sadly mistaken. Babalu even said post fight that he did it intentionaly to teach Heath a lesson.