Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alistair-overeem-fails-pre-fight-drug-test-likely-out-of-ufc-146-title-fight.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) us unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio of more than 10-to-1. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

I......am......shocked

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/4/2926260/ufcs-dana-white-responds-to-alistair-overeems-failed-drug-test

"I am beyond pissed about this. I'm so (expletive) mad right now I can't even begin ...

"The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us (referring to a meeting in the UFC's offices meeting with White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, where Overeem insisted he was clean and would pass all drug tests). How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who's using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron..

"It's beyond - what's the word I'm looking for - it's beyond belief. It's beyond comprehension. You're an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever."

White told the journalists on the call that it was too soon to announce any changes to the card.

"I don't have a plan B" he said.

When asked about Overeem's future with the organization he said, "It doesn't look good, does it? IIt doesn't look good."

DSCF2730.jpg

Overeem has enough muscle, he could just continue eating the massive amount of protein it takes to support that muscle and he'd still be strong as ****. Why he wants to look like Arnold Schwartznegger is beyond me. You already have a 10 for a girlfriend, you can already put people in the hospital with relative ease, chill on that **** man!

Overeem has enough muscle, he could just continue eating the massive amount of protein it takes to support that muscle and he'd still be strong as ****. Why he wants to look like Arnold Schwartznegger is beyond me. You already have a 10 for a girlfriend, you can already put people in the hospital with relative ease, chill on that **** man!

I am not too sure about that. You can tell when some people get off the juice, they shrink immediately. Not surprised at all.

I am not too sure about that. You can tell when some people get off the juice, they shrink immediately. Not surprised at all.

That has a lot to do to the fact they've forgone dedicating themselves to extremely high quality nutrition, and relied on the juice -- which is like setting a video game's difficulty from Expert to Novice. (Puts on nerd glasses) What they need to do is support that muscle with a certain amount of calories and quality protein. Doesn't matter how the muscle got there, if you don't over train and you feed the muscles correctly, it will live. Problem is that when you want to build a crapload of muscle naturally, it takes a massive amount of time, dedication and focus. All day, every day, you must eat correctly, rest correctly, and work out on a finely-tuned regiment to seriously build your physique.

Speaking of finely-tuned regiment - That is something that had me paranoid about Overeem's incredible muscle gains. All the sparring, pad work, grappling, running, high-paced circuit training and general cardio MMA training entails. In order to build a lot of muscle, you're supposed to lift very heavy weights for roughly 2 hours a session. Then you need to rest the muscles you trained for a few days. It was questionable how Overeem was able to lift so heavily while training as a top flight mixed martial artist and kickboxer. It has over training written all over it...unless perhaps he was using PEDs.

Overeem seemed to know about building muscle and maintaining it naturally, after hearing his daily protein regiment in that famous horse meat interview. He also spoke about his strict sleeping schedule, and was shown in videos powerlifting huge amounts of weight. It started to seem like he was legit, yet it was still hard to accept how fast Overeem bulked up. No matter how strict your exercise regiment is, and how great your diet is, gaining muscle is a slow process. Overeem blimped in a span of two or three years. Either he's a miracle or, well, he was cheating.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I personally don't think Overeem's body was ever meant to be that big naturally which is why I believe he kept using whatever he was using. I don't believe his body is capable of handling that much muscle.

yeah, dude looked good at 205, and probably could do well at 225-230, but 265 of muscle is way too big for him. Even my ex GF commented on when she first saw him at the bigger weight (she thought he was handsome at 205), and was shocked to see him that big saying he doesn't look good now, he looks too much like one of those "bullfrog like" roid freaks you see in the club with no shirt on.

Here's hoping he has one heck of a lawyer and by some miracle, the B sample comes back clean, cause I don't want to see JDS vs. Mir, I just don't like Frank.

Here's hoping he has one heck of a lawyer and by some miracle, the B sample comes back clean, cause I don't want to see JDS vs. Mir, I just don't like Frank.

If you don't like Frank you should want him to fight JDS, JDS would ko him more viciously then Carwin did. Terrible match up for Mir.

Alisteroid Overroid's positive test was only a matter of time. It actually makes me respect Brock Lesnar more for going into the octagon against him after such a long, severe illness-induced layoff without the aid of performance-enhancing drugs to help even the odds. (Which, in retrospect, were impossible for Brock to overcome.)

If Hendo snuck that right hand through, somehow caught JDS, I'd officially retire from being a sports fan out of complete satisfaction. Good luck, Redskins, happy trails Wizards. I'm good.

Haha, you don't want to jump off the train right when we finally get a QB.

If Hendo snuck that right hand through, somehow caught JDS, I'd officially retire from being a sports fan out of complete satisfaction. Good luck, Redskins, happy trails Wizards. I'm good.

:ols:

Anyone talk Patrick off the ledge yet?

Hendo would be kind of cool. I'm going ot on a limmb here and calling Josh Barnett takes the fight. He's already training for a May fight. No one cares about Cromier or the silly Strikeforce tourny. Give Josh his belt back!

:ols:

Anyone talk Patrick off the ledge yet?

Hendo would be kind of cool. I'm going ot on a limmb here and calling Josh Barnett takes the fight. He's already training for a May fight. No one cares about Cromier or the silly Strikeforce tourny. Give Josh his belt back!

I think Cormier beats Barnett easily.