Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

"She's been doing MMA since I was 5." - Maycee Barber

I bet Roxanne wanted to beat her ass again for a second when she heard that. 

Barber saying "my performance allowed her shine" was an odd way of saying "i got my ass handed to me"

this was humbling she sorely needed apparently, but somehow i think the message will be lost on her

• Like 1

Watching Greene fight off this submission attempt is far more compelling than it has any right to be.  Felt like those old pro wrestler moments where the refs lift their arm expecting it to fall limp only to have it stay up and form a fist.  A fist of defiance! 

• Like 1

This Holm's fight has been more of a strength contest than a fight.  Holm's is bullying her and Pennignton can't get off the fence.  Not an exciting fight, but that's the nature of the sport.  Sometimes the smart strategy doesn't make for the best TV.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Conor needs at least one more fight for a title shot. Justin G is a very winnable fight for him. 

winnable, but probably too risky for Conor to take. Gaethje hits like a ****ing truck and has some good technique to go with it, his biggest problem is that he's not noticeable enough to get the fight. 

conor will fight masvidal or khabib next. he has a better shot of beating masvidal, so i suspect thats the route he takes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I paid $60 for a 20 second fight...........**** this ****........never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My man.  Don't make it so that you're not a fan of the sport anymore. I haven't bought a pay-per-view in I don't know how long. I don't care about spoilers anymore, the sport has legendary fights that still thrill me.  Watching the replay of last night's fight is awesome.  If I paid $60, yes, I'd be flustered.  But people did that with Tyson, and those fights are looked back upon as legendary.

Not to compare Tyson to Connor.

A technique that has been used as a supplemental "action", was used as a death sentence... it is revolutionary.  Perhaps I'm speaking out of recency bias.  Dude was done with shoulder strikes.

Crazy.

McGregor is a boss. He might not be the best, but the dude is all over the place.  Banking and making the sport more mainstream.

Agree with SU.  He needs a big name, or a stepping stone to the title that will click with the casual fans.  "Cowboy" was a catchy name with a personality that compliments it, like a pro wrestler.  We could easily teach the fringe fans about his career too.  It's about selling fights for Connor at this point. Championship or otherwise.

I will add that Cowboy it didn't look like he was in his greatest shape.  Either he mailed it in because of the paycheck, he was injured, or whatever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Dude was done with shoulder strikes.

I will add that Cowboy it didn't look like he was in his greatest shape.  Either he mailed it in because of the paycheck, he was injured, or whatever.

So you also noticed Cerrone's flinch on the 2nd of the four shoulders. I almost yelled KO. I mean, I know better, but...

As for Cowboy being in shape- I didn't notice anything that would indicate he was out of shape. He's just super vulnerable early if the opponent is aggressive. Darren Till, Tony Ferguson and Jorge Masvidal hit him hard in the face right away. Walked him down and whipped his butt. I always root for Donald Cerrone but he does not handle early aggression well. I'm not even calling him a slow starter. It's a will power thing.