Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wodlley completely bombs and no power having McDonald is going to get tooled by Lawler again after he destroys Matt brown.

I agree. Woodley got outfought but I'm still not 100 percent convinced that MacDonald is the future longtime champ at 170. 

Ready to see Mighty Mouse save this card...

I think Rory beats Condit at this stage of their careers.

I would probably pick him to beat Hendricks as well. Lawler is the toughest of the 3 for him.

I don't see it man...Bigg Rigg would destroy Rory.

And for the love of god would someone kick the screaming broad out of the damn arena...

• Like 1

Lol, that cost $60?

Strikeforce events were better, a lot better. Damn man! Something needs to change, because PPVs aren't worth the price most of the time. And no, Dana, I'm not inviting 20 friends over to watch every card. Not enough of them care about DJ, as talented as he is. Hell, most of my friends don't give a **** anymore. They might peep at Anderson when he comes back. I'm also not going to a sports bar for every card, either. End up spending $60 for food and drinks anyway. Would rather do other things with that time and money! And MMA is my favorite sport. I have no problem watching crap like yesterday another time, or bypassing it forever. Guess what I didn't see, Arlovski vs. Schaub. Migraine avoided.

Lol, that cost $60?

Glad I made the last-minute decision to go out that night. The only fight I was really interested in was Rory V. Woodley. Even the main event didn't seem like it held any surpises.

Forget about Arlovski. He's a poser now. I thought Schaub would destroy him like he did Cro Cop. Oh well.

Well, Bjorn is gone from Bellator. I think since Viacom got involved, they have been getting away from the vision Rebney had for the organization. I don't watch it much, but it seems like the tournament format and growing lesser-known fighters into their own stars has gone by the wayside for the Rampages of the world. I am sure Bjorn loved announcing the upcoming Karo Parisyan-Phil Baroni fight a few days ago.

Spike TV today announced that Bellator MMA’s top two executives have parted ways with the company.

Bjorn Rebney, Bellator’s founder, chairman and CEO, as well as company president and COO Tim Danaher, have the left company, effective immediately.

A reason for their departures wasn’t given, though a statement from Rebney mentioned a difference “in our views on the right strategic direction.”

Although recent reports, including one from veteran MMA journalist Josh Gross, have suggested former Strikeforce president and ex-UFC executive Scott Coker could take over Rebney’s position, today’s announcement stated no replacements have been named at this time.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/bellator-announces-departure-of-executives-bjorn-rebney-and-tim-danaher

Edited by lovetoaster

Well, that did not take long. Sounds like the tournament format is out.

Strikeforce founder and former CEO Scott Coker is taking over the helm of Bellator MMA, effective immediately.

Spike TV officials today made the announcement while also suggesting Bellator may do away with its tournament-based format.

The appointment comes hours after the cable channel, which is home to the fellow Viacom-owned fight promotion, announced the departures of longtime executives Bjorn Rebney and Tim Danaher.

According to the announcement, Coker will oversee the day-to-day management of Bellator MMA, which Rebney founded in 2009.

“We are excited to have Scott Coker lead us in a new direction as we evolve the league format from a tournament-based organization to a more traditional model with big fights,” stated Spike TV President Kevin Kay, whom Coker will report to.

I wonder what this could mean for MMA as a whole. With Strikeforce, Coker was content being #2 and putting on good shows. But I wonder if Bellator will try and compete directly with the UFC with Viacom's backing. That has not worked very well for other organizations. 

Edited by lovetoaster

I liked Scott Coker. He was real, down to Earth, humble. Think this is GREAT for Bellator. Bellator needs him, and we need him. Hope it turns right the **** in to Strikeforce, TBH.

Could be better, he has deeper pockets backing him now.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the tournament aspect of Bellator, but Rebney started fudging around results to make the matchups he wanted anyway. Tournaments don't mean much if you constantly find ways to circumvent the results.

Edited by StillUnknown

Could be better, he has deeper pockets backing him now.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the tournament aspect of Bellator, but Rebney started fudging around results to make the matchups he wanted anyway. Tournaments don't mean much if you constantly find ways to circumvent the results.

Yeah, that was the problem, the people that they wanted to win in the tournaments were losing, so they started screwing around with everything. 

Seeing some reports on twitter that UFC 174 might not have cleared 100k buys on PPV. That would put it neck and neck with Bellator's PPV effort.

174 was absolutely a "free tv" type card. For those of us who love MMA, Mighty Mouse is a big deal. For the rest of the world, he's an old cartoon character.