Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Did I just see the post-fight reaction shot camera pan by someone in the crowd wearing a life size wrestling buddy style Chuck Liddell outfit?

Silva should kept going to Brown's body every time Brown tried to close in.  He hurt Brown quite a few times with body shots but was too gassed to follow up on most of 'em.  Brown's relentless pressure broke Silva.

Edited by NoCalMike

Did I just see the post-fight reaction shot camera pan by someone in the crowd wearing a life size wrestling buddy style Chuck Liddell outfit?

Yes and it was glorious.

Matt Brown is kind of babbling like a drunk in his post fight interview.

Easy there Matt, you won a good fight and deserve to move up the rankings, but title shot talk is a bit pre-mature (barring an injury substitution).

Matt Brown vs. Nick Diaz.  Make it happen.

Edited by NoCalMike

That was a crazy fight. Also changed my view on elbows-at first I wanted elbows to the head out of MMA & was willing to give an exception to standing elbows to the head.

Not after that fight, Brown got off some nasty standing elbow strikes to the head. Now I'd like to see no elbows to the head at all in MMA, elbows to the body are ok, even the current banned 12-6 version would be fine, except to the head.

Not trying to take anything away from Brown, he didn't break any rule while fighting & fought great, took away what Silva had success with & didn't look back, I just dont like elbows to the head anymore.

That was a crazy fight. Also changed my view on elbows-at first I wanted elbows to the head out of MMA & was willing to give an exception to standing elbows to the head.

Not after that fight, Brown got off some nasty standing elbow strikes to the head. Now I'd like to see no elbows to the head at all in MMA, elbows to the body are ok, even the current banned 12-6 version would be fine, except to the head.

Not trying to take anything away from Brown, he didn't break any rule while fighting & fought great, took away what Silva had success with & didn't look back, I just dont like elbows to the head anymore.

Standing elbows are great. Why ban them? Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Notice what Browns medical suspension is for? Right Elbow.

Weidman needed surgery twice on the elbow, one time to remove chips that he posted photos online of.

Erick Silva got cut with a nasty GNP elbow from the mount & the fight ended shortly after, thankfully for him, what if the ref was not in the ball & he took 3 more? Coma?

The point is elbow strikes to the head, especially on the ground do a ton of damage to both fighters & that is really what I want to get rid of. After watching how much damage Brown did in a small amount if time with those elbows I just figured it would be easier to ban all elbows to the head than just elbow strikes to the head to a grounded opponent.

Elbow can hit just as hard as a punch, but is a harder & sharper surface which leads to the big cuts. Also, since there is more bone, a fighter can do a lot of damage to their elbow before feeling much pain.

What's the point of having the fighters get cut open with elbows, risking long term injury to both fighters? If you need to see blood, just wait for a Diego Sanchez fight & his patented defense of blocking punches with his face, there will be blood in no time.

Was that a suggestion that I like elbows because I like to see blood? Please. Standing elbows are some of my favorite muay thai techniques. Let's ban punches because hands break more than elbows do. Let's ban leg kicks because of Anderson and Hill. How many elbows have been hurt in UFC history? How many cuts from standing elbows have stopped a fight, or even changed its complexion? The force of its impact may, but that's pimp, IMO. Your boy Anderson wouldn't have that beautiful KO against Tony Fryklund or however you spell it.

Elbows on the ground never bothered me either. It's a fight. I think 12-6 elbows and knees/kicks on the ground should be fine too. What happened to Bigfoot against Cain didn't bother me. Block the elbow like so many others do.

Jon Jones is ****ed if standing elbows are banned. Fortunately for him, they won't be.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

Was that a suggestion that I like elbows because I like to see blood? Please.

Anderson wouldn't have that beautiful KO against Tony Fryklund or however you spell it.

Jon Jones is ****ed if standing elbows are banned. Fortunately for him, they won't be.

No intention to make the blood reference to you directly, trying to point out that elbows cut more often than not.

Yeah, believe me I'm conflicted on it, but noticed how I didn't say anyone who has ever thrown an elbow should be banned or labeled as dirty? I don't really have a problem with standing elbows a la Weidman on Munoz or the Silva crazy KO, it's the ground ones where a fighter also throws his weight on it & cuts that I don't really like, and sone standing elbows in the clinch I saw from brown just looked more than vicious. What made it worse was Erick was taking them, sine like the "heart@ he showed, I worry about the long term damage he takes while "wobbly".

As for Jones, f him. He throws that spinning elbow with the intent to hit the back of his opponents head half the time, you can tell by where he starts the follow through. Jones is dirty-eye pokes,& push kicks to the front of the knee cone to mind & one of the many reasons I don't really like the guy.

I also suggested no elbows to the head since it was the old rule in Pride & why reinvent the wheel? Heck, the UFC still has a bunch of Pride fighters on their roster, so it's not like this would be some strange new rule.

I have never heard anyone complain that Pride sucked because of no elbows to the head or it was ok, but would be better with elbows. Yes, you do get a crazy KO from an elbow every once in a while, but is that very rare feat worth the short & long term health if the fighters? Im starting to question it.

• Like 1

Bellator 120 is tomorrow night on PPV for $40. Prelims are on SpikeTV from 8PM to 10PM. Kongo fights on the prelims. Can you believe that? From hurting Cain Velasquez three times in one fight, to here.

Main card:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Muhammad "King Mo" Lawal

Michael Chandler vs. Will Brooks

Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Schlemenko

Alexander Volkov vs. Balogi Ivanov

Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainy