Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Rory looked very good tonight, but lets be honest, thus far his two most impressive wins are over two guys who should never be fighting at 170. Penn & Nate Diaz.

Condit vs. Rory is a better match.

Once GSP holds Nick Diaz down in a "dominant position" for 5 rounds, I'd LOL if UFC tries to make Rory & GSP happen.....the uneasiness of the lead up to that fight would be epic.

I did not expect Rory to kickbox the **** out of BJ. Saw him using striking to set up takedowns. Che Mills tagged Rory a few times before he was taken down and smashed. Thought BJ's hands would get through what seemed like mechanical standup from Rory. Rory's striking was on full display tonight, BJ closes shop after the 1st round like nobody's business.

Mike Goldberg calling Rory's win a "changing of the guard" is laughable.

The changing of the guard was Edgar beating Penn twice. That was the end of Penn as an elite fighter.

I suppose Penn should move up to 185 and get slaughtered by Wieman for the next changing of the guard?

Edited by NoCalMike

Mike Goldberg calling Rory's win a "changing of the guard" is laughable.

The changing of the guard was Edgar beating Penn twice. That was the end of Penn as an elite fighter.

I suppose Penn should move up to 185 and get slaughtered by Wieman for the next changing of the guard?

I agree with all of that. BJ Penn has no business fighting at that weight class, GSP man handled him to the point of throwing in the towel. As you said the change was when Edgar took everything Penn had and gave it back with interest. Twice.