Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

150? That's crazy. I was paying 85 at month. Is there a lot of demand out there? I'm thinking of training again. I really miss it

Well Gustavo has been teaching here for a while, he started out teaching Special Forces and Navy Seals out of Little Creek Naval Station. He put out some really good students that competed and medaled in the Mundials and Pan competitions.

Renzo Gracie gave him his blessing to train under his name and banner, and Carlos Gracie Jr. certified him as a CBJJ black belt (red stripe too). Having these type of credentials and being a certified badass has driving up the cost to attend his academy.

As far as a high demand, I think its gone up a lot now that we have Spartyca Fight League in VA. They have events at all the major venues in Hampton Roads, so its starting to become a big deal. A couple of friends of mine and have competed and won. Its what got me started. Your should definitely get back into it.

I'm giddy with excitement! My first ever Wing Chun Wooden Dummy is arriving at my home today! Time for escalating my training routine. Plus, it gives me a great excuse to re-do my training area in the garage. (Wife is gonna be peeved that I am stealing half of the garage now up from 1/4!)

Now to start learning the 116 moves of the form!

Oliviera via calf crusher part deux

Hamill via needs a few bucks

Mighty Mouse via saving the day

Stann via my signature

Jones via front kick to the face

(Click to watch UFC 152 weigh-in at 4pm ET)

Hamill has the heavy hands and wrestling but I wonder if cage rust will hurt him.

Stann is a bad-azz but still seems to me like a fighter who will lose a decision to Bisping. (Even if it's a controversial one.)

Jones should devour Belfort. I would still love to see anyone KO Bones though. NFL Network ran a profile of Jones's brothers playing for the Ravens and Pats. They included Jon in the piece. It made me like Bones more than I previously had. However, I want some mix-up in the LHW division and I want to at least be under the impression that Bones could lose a fight so that I can await his fights with more anticipation than expectation. :)

Haven't done one of these in a while

Jon "Conductor of the Niceness Train" Jones © vs Vitor "Jesus Christ" Belfort: Vitor is definitely the fastest boxer Jones has ever faced. Those rushes Machida gave Jones really gave Jones trouble, but Jones has the agility to get out of the way very quickly. Vitor's rushes will hit harder and will include a lot more punches. We haven't seen Jones "drop dazed" yet, but this matchup has some potential for that. Otherwise, Jones is gonna use all his techniques and tools and display them, and most likely connect with a lot of them. I think he's gonna break through Vitor by the 3rd round and by then Vitor will have lost his speed. I can see Vitor getting a little frustrated too with the Jackson gameplan and Jones' ability to circle out and defend well. Jones has the wrestling advantage and Vitor's BJJ won't be able to match Jones' control game. Jones by RNC late in the fourth.

Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson: Mouse will try to wrestle and Joseph will try to not wrestle, hopefully it doesn't go to decision like Johnson's fights usually go and we see a finish. I think Benavidez will try to finish in the championship rounds and be more of an aggressor so Benavidez by UD and new UFC FW Champion.

Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann: I wouldn't mind seeing Bisping kocked the **** out but I still like him... haha Stann's last two losses were wrestlers, which Bisping isn't. Bisping has better boxing and I don't think this will go to decision. They'll try to work on each other's legs but it'll end by Bisping by TKO in the second, catching Stann with one well timed punch and then finishing it with more.

Matt Hamill vs Roger Hollett: Hollet's nickname is The Hulk and he's been pretty successful in Canada his whole career, at HW. Matt's last two losses were Rampage and Gustafsson, but he's more than a year removed from fighting. I haven't seen much of Hollett and I'm gonna pick an upset, Hollett by TKO in the second. Matt just wants to get paid and Hollett actually could have a future in the UFC, so he will want the win more.

Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira: I'm super excited for this one, both guys love to finish. My pick for this is a coin flip, but it's gonna be Oliveira in the second by flying arm triangle

Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson: Huge fan of Oliveira, but his striking defense worries me. You never know what you're going to get with Cub Swanson, he can look amazing one performance, and like **** the next. I'll go with Oliveira getting this to the ground somehow and using his slick jiu-jitsu to get the submission win.

Oliveira by Submission, Round 2

Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann: Bisping has every advantage with the exception of power. I think he'll strike from range mix in a takedown or two to apply some ground n pound. I don't like this matchup much at all for Stann, he has the power to KO anyone, but he's a great technician my any means.

Bisping by easy Unanimous Decision

Joseph Benavidez vs. Mighty Mouse: Mighty Mouse has the speed edge, which is rare for anyone fighting Benavidez. I actually like DJ's striking a little more, although JB has the power edge. DJ gets into these wrestling zones, even when he has an edge striking that makes the fights harder than they should be. I like both fighters, could see this fight playing out so many different ways, my gut tells me JB will find a way to win a close one.

Benavidez by Split Decision

Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort: Belfort has the obligatory punchers chance only. In MMA with 4oz gloves, anyone can be finished with one shot. I see Bones using his legs to keep Vitor at range early, once he's comfortable, he'll get a takedown of some sort and finish with patented hellbows.

Jones by (T)KO, Round 2

Bones vs. Belfort

&

Silva vs. Bonnar

are examples of Dana White infusing the boxing mentality into UFC. He feels the fans should be paying for the honor of seeing the champions fight, no matter what the level of the opponents and no matter how unlikely the challenger has a chance to win.

Jones is huge like a boss level monster. All of his fights are somewhat boring because everything his opponents try ends with them getting hurt. Eventually they all shuffle in place and do nothing hoping to wait for an opportunity that doesn't come. Vitor has tried standing there waiting and pulling guard and defending.

eagerly awaiting the "Praise be Allah" bomb from Jones....and name change soon thereafter.....

Seriously, dude does not belong in the LHW division. It is getting kind of boring watching dudes at half his range distance stand there and get kicked in the knee for 2 rounds, while lunging and whiffing with punches.

If Jones is serious about wanting competition and challenges, he will move to HW sooner rather then later.

eagerly awaiting the "Praise be Allah" bomb from Jones....and name change soon thereafter.....

Seriously, dude does not belong in the LHW division. It is getting kind of boring watching dudes at half his range distance stand there and get kicked in the knee for 2 rounds, while lunging and whiffing with punches.

If Jones is serious about wanting competition and challenges, he will move to HW sooner rather then later.

He wants to break the record for most LHW title defenses before he moves up.

Eh....did Mike Goldberg just say Bones was not a bad choice for a role model? Cause I think I just heard that, although even he seemed like he regretted saying it halfway into the statement.

Amazing how a victory over a bloated 185 lb has-been, erases eeeeeeverything.

Remind me again why Bones Jones is the devil?