Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

He's elected to stand and brawl with most of his opponents in recent years but IMO, his BJJ is probably better than Anderson's or at least just as good.

In theory maybe, but too bad for Bonnar this is not a BJJ competition. Unless you count submitting to a flying scissors heel hook as having weak submission defense, Anderson was last submitted in 2003 by rear naked choke after some good ground&pound. That was over 20 professional fights ago for Anderson, he's worked on his game a bit since then. He has showed in the first Chael fight that a guy can get top position on him and not get off a submission attempt or any type of G&P that does significant damage, he controlled Chael from his back about as good as anyone could expect. Then in Chael 2 & Hendo, he showed he can even be taken down and not have top position for a round, come back and adjust in the second round.

Anderson's defense on his back is underrated IMO, I think he defends better in his back than most if not all guys in the UFC, so I don't see Bonnar being able to pull of a straight submission attempt. Maybe he can get one from some G&P but I think that is less likely then a submission attempt. But the chances of either of those happening depend on the fight going to the ground, something I think it has hardly any chance of happening.

I see it as at least a 2 round fight. 1st round both will be cautious about making a mistake the other can capitalize on, and Bonnar takes a shot in the second round and Andy makes him look silly.

Anderson was last submitted in 2003 by rear naked choke after some good ground&pound. That was over 20 professional fights ago for Anderson, he's worked on his game a bit since then.

Takase caught him with Chael's favorite submission, not a RNC. I think Anderson's takedown defense is going to be much better from here on out. Watching round 2 in the last Sonnen fight, Anderson was finally prepared for the immediate blitz Chael kept coming at him with. He defended the takedowns beautifully, and that's all she wrote. He keeps getting smarter, his accuracy is off the damn charts right now. Bonnar is going to get teed off on.

Anderson's BJJ is good enough to hang with Bonnar's, but he probably won't need it. Make room at the end of the highlight reel.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Takase caught him with Chael's favorite submission, not a RNC. I think Anderson's takedown defense is going to be much better from here on out. Watching round 2 in the last Sonnen fight, Anderson was finally prepared for the immediate blitz Chael kept coming at him with. He defended the takedowns beautifully, and that's all she wrote. He keeps getting smarter, his accuracy is off the damn charts right now. Bonnar is going to get teed off on.

Anderson's BJJ is good enough to hang with Bonnar's, but he probably won't need it. Make room at the end of the highlight reel.

My bad, it was a triangle. I agree with all of the above. Bonnard best shot, and it's not even that great of a shot is to use his BJJ, but it's a moot point because he will be lucky to take Silva down and be able to do something once he gets him down. He might get one takedown, but I dont see much beyond that for Bonnar. Silva rolls with big Nog & little Nog, I think he can handle a bigger guy in a BJJ fight, which again, would be a near miracle if it even gets there.

Plus side this is turning into a killer PPV card with 6 main card fights. Almost like they wanted to stack it after the last Brazil card was weak, even though it did well on tv in Brazil. 2 nice PPV cards in a row, haven't been able to say that for a while.

In theory maybe, but too bad for Bonnar this is not a BJJ competition. Unless you count submitting to a flying scissors heel hook as having weak submission defense, Anderson was last submitted in 2003 by rear naked choke after some good ground&pound. That was over 20 professional fights ago for Anderson, he's worked on his game a bit since then. He has showed in the first Chael fight that a guy can get top position on him and not get off a submission attempt or any type of G&P that does significant damage, he controlled Chael from his back about as good as anyone could expect. Then in Chael 2 & Hendo, he showed he can even be taken down and not have top position for a round, come back and adjust in the second round.

Anderson's defense on his back is underrated IMO, I think he defends better in his back than most if not all guys in the UFC, so I don't see Bonnar being able to pull of a straight submission attempt. Maybe he can get one from some G&P but I think that is less likely then a submission attempt. But the chances of either of those happening depend on the fight going to the ground, something I think it has hardly any chance of happening.

I see it as at least a 2 round fight. 1st round both will be cautious about making a mistake the other can capitalize on, and Bonnar takes a shot in the second round and Andy makes him look silly.

I'm not saying that Bonnar will win, I'm just saying that BJJ is where he is going to have any advantage over Anderson at all. And also, just looking at Anderson's record and counting his submission losses doesn't really tell the full story. He's shown problems with grapplers in the past but has come back and won with his standup. He did a good job of correcting a lot of his ground woes from back in the day, there was a time when he was getting mounted and beat up on the ground by guys like Carlos Newton and Travis Lutter, only to come back and win, but the Nog bros got him back on track so his game is very well rounded now. I just think Bonnar's ground game is underrated.

Who is your coach?

My instructor (Gustavo Machado) trained at Jean Jacques' academy too. Its funny, because they have the same last name but are not related.

What academy do you train at?

Matt Baker, I don't train anymore no money. Its called Bakersfield bjj. It's out here in California.

---------- Post added September-18th-2012 at 08:57 AM ----------

Big props to Joe Rogan.

Matt Baker, I don't train anymore no money. Its called Bakersfield bjj. It's out here in California.

---------- Post added September-18th-2012 at 08:57 AM ----------

Big props to Joe Rogan.

I feel you on that one. Just for the BJJ is a buck fifty. For the striking and jui jitsu is $200 a month. Pretty pricey. Especially since I'm married with a baby. Wifey was pissed when she heard how much I was spending.

I feel you on that one. Just for the BJJ is a buck fifty. For the striking and jui jitsu is $200 a month. Pretty pricey. Especially since I'm married with a baby. Wifey was pissed when she heard how much I was spending.

150? That's crazy. I was paying 85 at month. Is there a lot of demand out there? I'm thinking of training again. I really miss it

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30688/frank-mir-injured-out-of-strikeforce-heavyweight-fight-against-daniel-cormier.mma?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Frank Mir (16-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC) will not fight Daniel Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF), as it turns out.

An undisclosed injury has forced the ex-UFC champ to withdraw from "Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir," which takes place Nov. 3 at Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City, Okla., and airs live on Showtime and Showtime Extreme.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the news on Tuesday night with a source close to the promotion following an initial report from news show Sports Rage. It's unknown whether a replacement for Mir has been found.

Sources indicated to MMAjunkie.com that a knee injury could be to blame for Mir's withdrawal.

Death

Taxes

Injuries ruining MMA cards

Does anyone besides Daniel Cromier and Scott Coker care about the Strikeforce heavywieght championship? The promotion has one heavyweight guy on their roster in Cromier, what is the point of having him defend a title that will not be around after the fight is over? Just put him in the UFC already and end this farce.

Does anyone besides Daniel Cromier and Scott Coker care about the Strikeforce heavywieght championship? The promotion has one heavyweight guy on their roster in Cromier, what is the point of having him defend a title that will not be around after the fight is over? Just put him in the UFC already and end this farce.

Does Daniel Cromier even care? Seems like he wants to go on the Lohan diet for a month and fight Jon Jones. Get that guy in the UFC already. Of all the matchups I want to see him in, Mir isn't even on the radar.