Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I think so too. I also kind of tend to think that a fighter should be allowed to say what he wants say in his personal life on his own time, but I also understand why making dumb jokes via twitter is problematic when you're an athlete/public figure.

Athletes can say whatever they want, whenever they want. If they should say something stupid that embarrasses the person or company that employs them, they shouldn't be surprised of any consequences that come their way.

My issue is the double standard, both Forrest & Torres have made multiple rape jokes on their twitter pages, yet only one was terminated.

Athletes can say whatever they want, whenever they want. If they should say something stupid that embarrasses the person or company that employs them, they shouldn't be surprised of any consequences that come their way.

My issue is the double standard, both Forrest & Torres have made multiple rape jokes on their twitter pages, yet only one was terminated.

well we all know why one was cut and the other 2 not, money. Would anyone be surprised if Chael Sonnen comes out with a worse rape joke in the next few weeks and does not get fired? Bottom line, even if you are under contract with the UFC, if you are not making them money, they will cut you and give any reason as an excuse.

EDIT: forgot to put in my picks for 140. I was not planning on going, but found a friend who bought a bunch of tickets, scalped some for a profit, and only wants $40 for $500 seats.

Hominick vs Zombie- Hominick by gogoplata, 2nd round

Patrick vs Ebersole- Ebersole by gogoplata, 3 rounds

now for the legends tour....

Tito vs Lil Nog- Lil Nog by gogplata, early 2nd round

Mir vs Big Nog- Big Nog by gogplata late 2nd round. I'm a twin so I will always pull for twins, especially when they are on the same card. These coudl be two of the ugliest fights of the night if they go 3 rounds.

and finally for the strap

Jones vs Machida, Jones by gogplata, late 4th or early 5th round, even though I would really like to see Machida win.

Edited by artmonkforHOF
add my gogplatilists

Most people in this thread probably already know this, but for the one or two that might not, Phil Davis was an All-American wrestler at Penn State; Rashad's line at the presser was specifically targeted on two levels. Still wildly inappropriate, but I don't think he would have said that to anyone else; he was specifically taking a shot because it was Davis's alma mater.

Of course, me being a big Phil Davis fan, I hope he knocked Rashad's teeth down his throat, but I'm not sure he can. Evans looked really good last time he fought.

Most people in this thread probably already know this, but for the one or two that might not, Phil Davis was an All-American wrestler at Penn State; Rashad's line at the presser was specifically targeted on two levels. Still wildly inappropriate, but I don't think he would have said that to anyone else; he was specifically taking a shot because it was Davis's alma mater.

Of course, me being a big Phil Davis fan, I hope he knocked Rashad's teeth down his throat, but I'm not sure he can. Evans looked really good last time he fought.

Most people will be rooting for Davis. Rashad is one of the most disliked fighters in MMA. I definitely think Davis has a chance to beat him. Davis has the more accomplished wrestling pedigree for sure. It will be an interesting bout to watch, lots of top-level wrestlers will be facing off on that card.

UFC 140 Picks:

Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung: Horrible style matchup for the Korean Zombie. His only hope is getting this to the ground and working a submission based game. If it stays standing, Hominick should pick him apart all day.

Hominick by (T)KO, Round 2

Tito Ortiz vs. Lil Nog: Nog loss last time out to Davis, but he put up a good performance, and his takedown D was solid early. Not sold on Tito being any different than the fighter we've seen the last few years. Lil Nog avoids the takedown, and scores enough on the feet to get a decision.

Lil Nog by Unanimous Decision

Big Nog vs. Frank Mir: Mir will be the far bigger man and will still have the speed advantage. He'll batter Nog standing, Nog won't be able to get it to the ground. Prove me wrong again, please Nog

Mir by (T)KO, Round 1

Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida: Been feeling an upset vibe about this fight the last couple of days. Machida is the master of closing distance and getting out before damage can be done to him. That said, I'm not sure how you can adequately prepare for a 12inch reach disadvantage. I'm real curious to see if Bones can take him down. I can't recall Machida being put on his back from a takedown. He has great takedown defense from his sumo background. I'm also looking forward to see what happens if they clinch, Machida loves to throws knees & go for trips from the clinch, but Bones is known to ragdoll people from the same spot. Interesting style clash, and I think Machida will be the first to really test Jones, but I think the fact that Bones has proven that he knows how to study and scout his opponents will carry him in this fight. Bones will be able to score from range, frustrate Machida, gain a late takedown and finish Machida with some kind of choke.

Jones by Submission, Round 4

Edited by StillUnknown

UFC 140: Dragons don't chew bones, they swallow them

Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung: Hominick has been training a lot harder since Aldo, and he probably has a lot more confidence in himself as well. It's hard to pick against him. Both fighters can take punishment, and this fight will go the distance with Mark out pointing Jung.

Hominick via UD

Claude Patrick vs. Brian Ebersole: Fight will most likely be on the ground at least 70 percent of the time. If Patrick can get his guillotine in, he has a chance, otherwise Ebersole is the stronger wrestler and fighter and will keep Patrick in control. Patrick will need to pull a sub in order to win, but Ebersole has too much experience. Both fighters are are riding long winning streaks.

Ebersole by GnP in Round 3.

Tito Ortiz vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira: Tito got a flash sub (IMO) on Bader and didn't look particularly good against Evans (who a level higher than Tito anyways in terms of fighting skills). Nog lost decisions to Bader and Phil Davis, and also wasn't especially good in both losses. Both fighters have a puncher's chance, and both fighters may be out of the UFC with another loss. This fight is a coin flip for me. I can see both fighters realizing that they are equal halfway through the fight and then round three becoming a jab/takedown exchange for points.

Nog by SD, or Tito/Nog by KO in Round 2, or Nog by flying heel hook in Round 2.

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir: Mir is the stronger wrestler, Nog is Nog. Mir will most likely try to control the fight with his wrestling and maybe even try to take Nog down. I don't think Mir is that afraid of Nog's JJ. If the fight stays standing, Nog will try to battle, but Mir is at this point in their careers too much to handle. Mir needs better competition, he's on the lowest rung of the highest tier in HW. Nog is firmly in the middle of the second tier. Nog will try his hardest to avenge his loss, but he's just too old.

Mir by TKO Round 2

Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida: Fight of the Night. Both fighters are well documented to be complete opposites in terms of style yet Lyoto's style matches perfectly with Jon's. Jon's conversely does not match well with Lyoto's style at all. Jon is an inexperienced champion, ****y, and headstrong (yet one of the smartest and most talented fighters around). Machida lost the belt, but he's patient and also one of the smartest fighters right now. This fight will stay standing until Jones decides he's had enough of Machida's elusiveness. Only if Jones can effectively take Machida down and keep him down will this fight go to the ground. We just don't know if Jones can do that to Machida, who has incredible TDD. Outside of that, I have no idea what will happen in this fight. Machida could come out super strong, and Jones could come out super fast. I am expecting more kicks from both fighters, and a slow first half of the fight. This fight will NOT go the distance, both fighters have enough power to TKO each other and Jones has never gone the distance before. If we see round 5, Machida will win in round 5. Otherwise, I think Jones is too talented and will be focused enough not to make his usual mistakes or get frustrated with Machida.

Jon Jones by standing guillotine transitioned into a body triangle, Round 3. Submission of the Night. Bones is rich.

Edited by styx491