Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

@danawhite

Dana White

GSP blown acl will be out for 10 mos. Now Condit vs Diaz for the interim welterweight title on Feb 4th in Las Vegas!!

That sucks.

Why the interim belt and not just a title contender fight? Are they expecting the Condit Diaz winner to take another fight before GSP gets back? I know if I was Condit or Diaz, I would not want to fight another top contender after I have already won an interim belt, a loss, especially a bad one, could really hurt their true title hopes.

Damn Rashad, get some sense. I can see him sitting around with some boys, talking smack about Davis, and someone else came up with that line, Rashad thought it was funny and tweeted it, like a freakin moron.

One more thing on GSP out, Diaz Condit interim: what happens to Koscheck, who was suppose to fight Condit, or does anyone even care? They might not want to schedule another fight with him in case Condit has to pull out, since we know Diaz would never pull out, even if he had his spine removed.

I'm going to the Chicago event and I'm very excited for the triple header, PLUS Mighty Mouse/Wineland, Roop/Swanson and potentially Evan Dunham/Paul Sass. This is a fantastic card...

I think the main card will be mostly wrestling and grappling (although every time I've said that, it ends up being the opposite). Bisping's TDD and ground defense will be tested for real against Maia (way more so than against Mayhem), Chael will definitely try to take Munoz down too, and Rashad/Davis imo will end via TKO out of the clinch. 5 legitimate wrestlers/grapplers and then Bisping.

Damn Rashad, get some sense. I can see him sitting around with some boys, talking smack about Davis, and someone else came up with that line, Rashad thought it was funny and tweeted it, like a freakin moron.

One more thing on GSP out, Diaz Condit interim: what happens to Koscheck, who was suppose to fight Condit, or does anyone even care? They might not want to schedule another fight with him in case Condit has to pull out, since we know Diaz would never pull out, even if he had his spine removed.

It wasn't a tweet, he said it during the press conference for UFC on FOX 2.

There are rumblings that GSP is considering retirement. His knees have been in bad shape supposedly for a couple years now and a torn ACL will probably further mess with any type of explosion he is looking for, especially in his first fight back.

I am assuming whoever wins the intermin belt will defend it once before GSP is back.

If GSP is retiring, or only coming back for one fight as a last hurrah, if Anderson Silva is still 185 champ, I think he should take that fight finally. Since those are the only two guys really right now in MMA who have had long enough win streaks and dominations of their weight classes for the

P4P argument.

Do I think it is likely for GSP to take that fight? Naw, not really.

It wasn't a tweet, he said it during the press conference for UFC on FOX 2.

holy crap. I never would have thought anyone could be that dumb and say that at a presser, I thought the only way it could get out is if it was tweeted, and got out before a sober second thought.

on a side note, I guess no one cares about Josh Koscheck, but I'm not really surprised.

on a side note, I guess no one cares about Josh Koscheck, but I'm not really surprised.

I think people care about him, I know I'm a fan of his, but there are other guys that are in the title picture (or close to it) now at 170 that are getting the attention (Diaz, Condit, Ellenberger, etc.)

Miguel Torres cut by UFC for making rape joke on Twitter

by Geno Mrosko on Dec 8, 2011 8:30 PM EST in UFC News

4 COMMENTS EMAIL PRINT

Miguel Torres recently made an offensive joke on Twitter involving rape. The backlash was immediate, as both fans and members of the MMA media took him to task for making such an insensitive quip on such a touchy subject.

He responded with confusion and anger. His central defense was everything should be okay to joke about or nothing should.

Well, UFC President Dana White doesn't agree. In fact, he informed Sports Illustrated today that Torres has been cut from the UFC for his remarks:

"This morning I'm on [Michael] Landsburg's show, up here in Canada, and he hits me with the quote of what he tweeted. Now there's no explanation for that. There's absolutely nothing I could say to make any sense of that. And the fact that he even thinks that's funny or that's a joke, it disturbs me. It bothers me. Again, you're dealing with a guy that's a smart guy, that owns his own business, that's been one of the top fighters in the world forever. And I cut him today. He's no longer with the UFC. It's being announced right now to you. You're the only one that knows. Miguel Torres has been cut from the UFC and his career with us now is over."

Apparently Torres tweeted:

If rape vans were called surprise vans more women would want to go for rides. Everyone likes a surprise

Horrible "joke". Don't know what he was thinking.

Dang, does Hess still want to fight? Wow, I dont watch much MMA but thats crazy.

Thats a tough SOB. Dude didn't even flinch when the doc folded his knee.

He's fought 3 times since that injury. His last fight was November 19th, he dropped a decision.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Jones-vs-Machida-37799

Pros Picking Jones: 12

Pros Picking Machida: 6

No Pick: 2

Joe Duarte: Right now, Jones is on fire. Even if Machida drank Anderson Silva’s urine, I don’t think he can beat Jones. He always has a chance, but those are slim at the moment. Jones wins by stoppage in the later rounds.
Edited by StillUnknown

He's fought 3 times since that injury. His last fight was November 19th, he dropped a decision.

I dont even know what to say except, WOW, Awesome, Unbelievable. Cant believe his kneeled over like that, just waiting to Fight. Saying, "Bring it." I have a dislocated knee, but I cant feel a thing:)

Sucks on so many levels about GSP, I've had the feeling from day 1 that the Diaz/GSP fight was too good to be true. First the press conference, now this. Diaz/Condit will be a scrap, but GSP being out + an interim belt entering the picture is pretty frustrating.

Anyway, maybe some of you guys have seen these, but this is a collection of those backstage videos from Pride. (Like that Mark Coleman video when he's spazzing out after losing to Fedor).

Youtube Channel

Example:

2LLkTGsEwBQ

Part of me feels that if Miguel Torres hadn't turned in a few snoozers in his last few fights, he'd still be employed regardless of the tweet.

I think so too. I also kind of tend to think that a fighter should be allowed to say what he wants say in his personal life on his own time, but I also understand why making dumb jokes via twitter is problematic when you're an athlete/public figure.