Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I couldn't have asked for a better fight with two of my favorite fighters facing each other.

No question.

Silva vs. Le was pretty schweet too. Nice card. Faber brought the explosiveness back. Story and Kampmann both gave good showings. I ordered the card at the very last minute and I'm glad I did.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

The post event presser is on Facebook. Dana came out and said, "Everyone's in the hospital." :)

I couldn't have asked for a better fight with two of my favorite fighters facing each other.

Seriously man, that was one of the greatest fights I've ever watched. Holy ****, I'm so glad I got this card. Wand won, Hendo/Shogun was an all-time epic war, Faber/Bowles was great. Man what a great night of fights.

Hindsight's 20/20 but yes, that fight would've made lots of new fans.

You can't trust heavyweights to be the only fight aired and I don't need hindsight to tell me that. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great ones but they don't seem as likely to be great. Henderon Guida was better than the title fight and it was a decision battle. I do however understand that people like to watch heavy weights.

Edited by Destino

Wow guys, I was so amped for Wand and even more amped for Hendo, and they both won. Reading this thread mirrors the thoughts I had after the fight. Thought it could be a draw because of the last round, but then realized Hendo migha' got a 10-8 round in there somewhere as well. In any event, Wandy went to town and the main event was absolutely fantastic. Imagine if it were only 3 rounds. woulda robbed the fans of such a razor thin decision.

Turning point of the fight was that uppercut in the 4th that made Dan see quadruple. Dan was in another dimension for the rest of the fight. On the other side of the ball, Shogun's face was so damaged on the left side; Hendo landed that right hand so friggen' much. It's like the early 80s Redskins, you know they're running it up the gut, but you can't stop them.

The question I was asking is how well Dan could survive Shogun's amazing killer instinct. Most obvious example is when Shogun had a dead-tired Hendo MOUNTED at the end of the 4th. Hendo starts getting tagged, then he turns and gives up his back, Shogun looks like he's sinking in the rear naked choke, and Hendo spins in to Shogun's guard as a last-ditch desperation attempt to not get finished. Amazing moment.

That fight had a movie script storyline, incredible twists and turns, back and forth sequences. It's clear that both of them are top of the line when it comes to heart. All I can imagine is that Henderson needs a huge vacation before trying to land the H-Bomb on Jon Jones or Machida. Rashad looks like he can come down from the attic now.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 04:08 AM ----------

By the way, congrats on 20,000 posts everyone. :applause:

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

It is almost 5 a.m. and I am still wrapping my head around everything that happened tonight. I had my two farorite fighters, Wanderlei and Hendo fighting tonight and my Virginia Cavaliers playing Florida State. There is no way that I would have thought that I would go 3-0 in those matchups, but after about a case of beer in celebration, I sure am not going to complain. Now I just need the Skins to hold up their end of the bargain tomorrow so I can go 4-for-4.

Three out of four ain't bad.