Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Picks for UFC 139 (best card in a while)

Stephan Bonnar vs Kyle Kingsbury: Bonnar's put together a couple of good wins in a row but Kingsbury is going to be a tough test. Kingsbury is one of those "super athlete" types that has made the conversion from football to MMA pretty smoothly. He has good wrestling and Striking but Bonnar has a better BJJ game. I think Bonnar is going to want to get him to the ground and force him to fight off his back where he isn't very comfortable, but I think Kingsbury's wrestling will keep him where he wants it.

Kingsbury via UD

Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story: This should be a great fight. Story was on a nice roll and potentially headed for a title shot before being outwrestled by Charlie Brenneman, in a late-notice fight. Kampmann has lost two very close split decisions in a row. Kampmann is a very technical striker with a good ground game and good takedown defense. Story is a powerful wrestler that can put guys against the cage, hold them there and beat them up. He also has a good chin and can take punishment on his way in to control guys. I think Kampmann's striking will allow him to out point story and I think his defensive wrestling can keep him from being put against the cage or on his back too much against story, I think Kampmann gets a much needed win here.

Kampmann via UD

Urijiah Faber vs. Brian Bowles: This is another fight that I'm very excited for. I'm a fan of both of these fighters and this is a great title contention match. This fight should be very high energy as I think both guys will be motivated. Bowles' only loss has been at the hands of Cruz and it was because he broke his hand in the first round of their match where Cruz took his WEC title. I always thought Bowles should have gotten an immediate rematch but injuries/timing prevented it from happening. While Faber on the other hand, is the only person who can claim a win over Cruz as he stopped him in the WEC with a guillotine choke in 2007. Faber's last fight against Cruz was an absolute war and I know he wants the rubber match just as bad as Bowles wants to avenge his only loss. Both have good wrestling but I give the edge to Faber. However, I think Bowles has a better submission game and he has big time power in his punches. I think Faber can take the win by using his wrestling and trying to outcardio Bowles, but ultimately I think Bowles can land a big shot to Faber's (butt) chin and put him to sleep.

Bowles via (T)KO, Round 2

Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le: Very excited for this fight as well. Wand is one of my all-time favorites but sadly, he's nearing the end of his career. I think he just wants to finish someone in old-school Pride fashion and bow out on a high note. I think Wand is kind of in Chuck Liddell territory, where his chin isn't what it used to be and he can't take the shots he needs to get inside and make his wild striking style work. However, Chuck was being put to sleep by a few guys not really known for their power, Wand on the other hand has been KO'd by big-time power guys like Rampage/Leben/Hendo/Cro Cop. Cung Le is a pretty exciting fighter himself, but but his style requires him to take a little time to set up finishes. Wand's style is to rush you and try and put you down fast with wild hooks/power punches. I could honestly Wand's style being favorable here and him swarming Le and dropping him, but I've been let down too many times recently in picking my old school faves and as much as I'll be pulling for Wand, I think realistically Le takes it to him with strikes.

Le via KO, Round 1 :( (please prove me wrong Wand)

Shogun vs. Hendo: Damn this is a great matchup and one that would've been great 5 years ago as well. These are two of the last big-time Pride guys that are still having regular success in today's MMA world. Shogun can be inconsistent but when he's on, he's really on. Hendo on the other hand, has been on an absolute tear in the last few years. We know that both guys have big-time KO power and love to throw strikes. We know that Shogun is capable in the submission game but Hendo can really control guys in the clinch and keep the fight where he wants it. Not that either of these two will be trying to take this to the ground anyway. I could honestly see this going either way but in the end I think Hendo's chin, defense, and wrestling can keep him safe long enough to set up an H-Bomb that will hopefully get him a shot at Jon Jones or Machida early next year.

Hendo by H-Bomb, Round 3

here are my gogplataists for ufc 139.

Jason Brilz- 2nd round gogoplata over Ryan Bader

Kyle Kingsbury- 1st round gogoplata over Stephan Bonner

Martin Kampmann- 3rd round gogoplata over Ricky Story- still hoping one guy gets hurt before the start, I don't want to see either guy lose, FON possibility

Brian Bowles- 2nd round gogoplata over Uraih Faber

Wandy- 1st round gogoplata over Cung Le- Even if Le wins I still won't be impressed until he wins an MMA fight outside of HP Pavillion arena. I'm not even sure if he exists, he might just be some marketing gimick concocted by Larry Coker, the San Jose Sharks and the San Jose Tourism Board and Chamber of Commerce. This is a sentamental pick for me, hoping Wandy goes out with a bang.

Shogun-early 2nd round gogoplata over Hendo- Hendo last beat an over rated and underprepared Fedor, I am not impressed and think he will get his butt handed to him by a very hungry fighter looking for a title shot.

UFC 139: Nuclear Siren

Kampmann vs. Story: Obvious key here is Kampmann's ability to avoid getting taken down. He's a good technical striker, but has shown in the past that he can get tagged by fighters that try to smash through his sort of "chess game" striking. Story throws big shots, Kampmann looks to counter, but keeps getting taken down all fight long.

Story Decision

Faber vs. Bowles: Don't know if Bowles can catch up to Faber with his intense strength-based approach. Faber will use his agility and speed en route to winning a decision.

Faber Decision

Wand vs. Le: I think the key here is Wand being very patient - waiting for Le to be overzealous with his kicks. Make sure the time is right before you go nuts, Wandy. To have any sort of success, Wand has to ditch the "I want to entertain the fans" mindset. He has to update his game beyond the brawler mindset. I doubt that he can change that much, even if he has been working with Anderson Silva. Wandy does not have any intention to retire, so it seems that a sad ending is unfortunately going to happen, whether it's sooner or later. I'm rooting for ya, Wand.

The Axe Murderer, KO Round 3

Hendo vs. Shogun: The most up-in-the-air question here is what happens if Hendo gets tagged? Shogun is an incredible finisher when he has someone hurt, but Henderson has a head of stone and great instincts when he's been clocked. I think Hendo can really put it to Shogun as this fight goes on. Pressure early, get Shogun breathing through his mouth, then start chucking that right hand like there's no tomorrow.

Henderson, KO, round 3

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Bonnar split decision

Kampmann unanimous decision

Faber unanimous decision

Silva TKO (round 2)

Hendo KO (round 2)

---------- Post added November-19th-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

Nice, they kept their classic opening. I was curious if they would revamp the PPV opening after Fox made them turn over control for UFC on Fox.

Link 5 telling me that "This Domain has Protection, you can watch this stream here" And I can't click the "here"

Link 2 telling me Server not found: rtmp://live.wii-cast.tv.redirect

Crap!

Did you click on the link I posted?

I just closed it an reopened it again and it still works fine.