Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

All I know is that I'll be on the edge of my seat for that fight, and the fight before it, and the fight after it. Henderson/Shogun has me shaking my head, what a friggen matchup. Both of those guys are simply awesome to watch. It's like Fedor vs. Hendo, except with a lot more on the line. Will be fireworks.

5MsZ2wbe3A8

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

WOW Bas is really pissed at Overeem, just found this interview online.

http://www.paullazenby.com/

Why would a management team sign a contract with a fighter, they are in essence "creating" and bankrolling to start, that allows the fighter to leave essentially whenever he wants to? Did the contract expire or did they write the world's most ridiculous contract?

Why would a management team sign a contract with a fighter, they are in essence "creating" and bankrolling to start, that allows the fighter to leave essentially whenever he wants to? Did the contract expire or did they write the world's most ridiculous contract?

He already signed the contract but he's suing Golden Glory after realizing he was getting screwed into a Fedor/M-1 type contract when he hired a lawyer to go over it before meeting with the UFC. He's also suing them for owing him more than $151,000 in back pay from not being paid for his K-1 fights last year.

Now if Bas' side of the story is true then yes it was disrespectful for Overeem to talk down to his old coaches like that. However, can anyone justify giving a camp 35% pre-tax of all earnings? No camp in the US comes even close to that and Overeem found out once he started looking at camps over here.

Edited by Patrick86L

He already signed the contract but he's suing Golden Glory after realizing he was getting screwed into a Fedor/M-1 type contract when he hired a lawyer to go over it before meeting with the UFC. He's also suing them for owing him more than $151,000 in back pay from not being paid for his K-1 fights last year.

Now if Bas' side of the story is true then yes it was disrespectful for Overeem to talk down to his old coaches like that. However, can anyone justify giving a camp 35% pre-tax of all earnings? No camp in the US comes even close to that and Overeem found out once he started looking at camps over here.

I can certainly justify the 35%... hell I could justify more simply by looking at it as ROI. It all depends on what the camp does. If they literally make the fighter by bankrolling him and getting him into events to start his career I certain can see them siphoning off a great deal of earnings as a reward for the risk they took. Not permanently of course but for a period of time. Do not however take this to mean I'm in favor of Golden Glory or Overeem. Without knowing exactly who spent what, when, and why there is no way to determine anything. I was just curious about the contract because Bas made it sound like he just fired them and bounced which would make for a hilariously bad contract.

This is going to be an awesome fight:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26152/melvin-guillard-vs-jim-miller-headlines-ufc-on-fx-1-event.mma

Melvin Guillard vs. Jim Miller headlines UFC on FX 1 event

by Dann Stupp on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:05 pm ET

The UFC's first FX-televised event has its headliner.

UFC officials today announced the debut UFC on FX event will feature a three-round lightweight main event between contenders Melvin Guillard (29-9-2 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and Jim Miller (20-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC).

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently reported, the event is expected to take place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn., though officials haven't formally announced the details.

The night's main card airs on FOX-owned FX and marks the UFC's debut on the top-10 cable station. FX will become home to many UFC events, as well as "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, beginning in 2012.

Both Guillard and Miller look to get back in prime title contention following recent high-profile losses.

Guillard suffered a crushing 47-second submission loss to underdog Joe Lauzon this past month at UFC 136. The Team Jackson-Winkeljohn fighter had been riding an impressive five-fight win streak and had resurrected his career with a more disciplined (but equally hard-hitting) style. Additionally, he was all but guaranteed a title shot if he had knocked off Lauzon, who stunned Guillard with an early punch and then swiftly tapped him out.

Miller, meanwhile, had even longer streak and had pieced together seven consecutive wins heading into a UFC on Versus 5 showdown with Ben Henderson. Like Guillard, Miller was all but guaranteed a title shot with a victory, but Henderson shut him down en route to a lopsided unanimous-decision win. Prior to the setback, Miller went 15-1 over a 16-fight span, and his lone defeat came to recent title challenger Gray Maynard.

For more on the "UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller" event, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Wow. That was so obviously a staged bit that it wasn't nearly as funny as his normal interviews are. I always wondered what percentage was Chael being crazy, and what percentage was acting. I now believe it's 20% crazy, 80% acting.
I think Chael has seen this guy interview fighters before. He went in to that interview pissed off. That jackass interviewer has always cut people off from finishing their thoughts and is sometimes blatantly rude. I'm glad Chael crapped on him.

I don't think it was stagged, that guy is such a tool, I could tell stories of him hanging out in college bars in Toronto, trying to pick up 19 year olds (& 18 year olds with fake ID), with his freakin tv makeup still on. He started as a sportscster in like 1984, and they kicked him off the desk and gave him his own show for reasons that make absolutely no sense to me. Funny thing is the show's main sponsor for years has been some men;s hair colouring & skin care product line from a really feminine cosmetic company, can't remember the name but it makes me laugh since I can picture this douche fighting to get the sponser so he can get free samples, he's that kind of vain 50 year old tool. Someone once told me he's Canada's doucher version of Skip Bayless, if that helps, paint the douche picture for you.

It's from TSN (don't get me started on them), and for the life of me I have no idea why this guy still has a show. Michael Landsberg, and the show is Off the Record, and he is the worst interviewer ever, thinks he is clever, but is not and comes off as a huge tool, since that is what he is. I wish more people would call ML on his dumb line of questioning and some of the crap he says more often, which Chael did, but I think shortly into that, probably just before he agreed to re-shoot, Chael made up his mind that he was just going to screw with this guy, make it his "crazy" interview.

Good job by Chael, hoepfully this gets ML off the air quicker, they have already bumped his show one time slot, then moved it to TSN2 to show Rome is Burning, Around the Horn, and PTI. Thanks for posting Dr, I wouldn't have seen otherwise, since I avoid that network, and his show in particular like the plauge, with herpes, pink eye and a nasty fungal infection.

Good job by Chael, hoepfully this gets ML off the air quicker, they have already bumped his show one time slot, then moved it to TSN2 to show Rome is Burning, Around the Horn, and PTI. Thanks for posting Dr, I wouldn't have seen otherwise, since I avoid that network, and his show in particular like the plauge, with herpes, pink eye and a nasty fungal infection.

:ols:

Yeah I heard someone say that he was a gigantic douche to GSP in an interview a few years ago. He seemed a little douchey in that interview as well, glad to see Sonnen walking off.

I used to hate Sonnen but he's grown on me, his interviews are straight up hilarious. He has that WWE kind of smack talk that Rampage used to be famous for in Pride, but he's even funnier IMO.

And Chachie, I hear you re: Lawlor, the guy is something different for sure. I hope he steps up and beats Weidman tomorrow, but Weidman is going to be pretty legit IMO. Should be a good fight.

:ols:

Yeah I heard someone say that he was a gigantic douche to GSP in an interview a few years ago. He seemed a little douchey in that interview as well, glad to see Sonnen walking off.

I used to hate Sonnen but he's grown on me, his interviews are straight up hilarious. He has that WWE kind of smack talk that Rampage used to be famous for in Pride, but he's even funnier IMO.

And Chachie, I hear you re: Lawlor, the guy is something different for sure. I hope he steps up and beats Weidman tomorrow, but Weidman is going to be pretty legit IMO. Should be a good fight.

I'm watching the Sonnen interview now and this is pure gold. :)

The interviewer being a douche doesn't change the fact that Sonnen is also a douche. He's passed Bisping on my book and I'll cheer when he gets knocked out.

Serious mortgage fraud and then steroids. Sorry but I'm not buying his American hero routine.

Edited by Destino

I don't think it was stagged,

I guess staged was a poor word choice. I agree, I don't think the interviewer was in on it, but certainly fed off of it. I'm saying that Chael makes a concerted effort to say outlandish things rather than them coming naturally to him. He's not as crazy and wacky as he portrays himself. Though, as Destino points out, he did juice and was busted on real estate fraud, so he obviously isn't all there.

Serious mortgage fraud and then steroids. Sorry but I'm not buying his American hero routine.

He never got into any trouble for steroids, he got into trouble for a disclosure issue on his testosterone replacement therapy (which he had let the commission know about in writing beforehand).

If you want to see the true Sonnen without any of his act, check out this interview w/ Mike Straka (in two parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHMzg7tmdMA

Ronda by armbar may replace Rickson by armbar

Seriously, gotta love that Judo.

Anybody watching Strikeforce Challengers?

Ronda Rousey just dislocated another arm in less than a minute.

Ronda by armbar may replace Rickson by armbar

I saw that damn that was nasty. She wasn't making the same mistake again she was taking the arm with her if the ref didn't stop it.

edit: got a gif.

Ronda+Rousey+vs.+Julia+Budd.gif

Edited by Patrick86L