Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Well, he is the inferior of the two Buffers, mistakes are expected.

I disagree. Bruce gets me way more pumped than Michael. The only things Mike has going for him is the signature call and being more old school. "It's TIME!" gives me goosebumps, while "Let's get ready to rumble!" would usually just make me laugh.

Plus it's easy to tune out Mike when he starts reeling off all the ads and even when he announces the names. Bruce grabs everyones' attention by the balls right off the bat.

I don't think I've ever heard Bruce mess up before tonight.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I feel bad for The Dean of Mean. He shouldn't had been penalized a point. Close, tough fight. Well done by both guys. Hamill did enough I guess, but he didn't look in shape.

Yeah, Dean said that "he had to take the point because it did damage." Did it? There's a difference between damage and temporary discomfort, right? I think there was a very shallow slice on Hamill's eyelid, but it wasn't bad, and is he sure it was from the poke? I agree, he shouldn't have been deducted a point.

Does anybody think he'll be cut after his fourth loss in a row?

Looked like Keith to me. I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

It was a little of out of the ordinary to see him conscious when the fight was over.

hah...I was joking really...

I like Bruce just fine....though the snappy turn and point he does is a tad annoying. :)

That's the Buffer 180, best move in MMA. :pfft:

WEC tonight on Versus featuring the well-liked and admired Jaime Varner vs. Kamal Shalrous

i'm taking:

Varner (although i cannot bring myself to actually root for this man) by (T)ko, round 2

Grispi by Submission, Round 3

Hominick by Unanimous Decision

Horodecki by (T)KO, round 2

When the Hamil fight was going on and the announcers keep on talking about Hamill's record only having two blemishs and he won three fights in a row, didn't anyone else just keeping thinking of the absolute thrashing he recieved by Jon Jones. They didn't mention that at all. Jon Jones destroyed Hamill and the only reason he lost was because he kicking so much ass from the mount that he threw some illegal elbows.BTW, Jardine sucks, and I don't want to see anymore of his fights. It's like if you need a win against a 'name' to boast your self esteem after a tough loss they give you Jardine.

well-liked and admired Jaime Varner

:ols:

When the Hamil fight was going on and the announcers keep on talking about Hamill's record only having two blemishs and he won three fights in a row, didn't anyone else just keeping thinking of the absolute thrashing he recieved by Jon Jones. They didn't mention that at all. Jon Jones destroyed Hamill and the only reason he lost was because he kicking so much ass from the mount that he threw some illegal elbows.BTW, Jardine sucks, and I don't want to see anymore of his fights. It's like if you need a win against a 'name' to boast your self esteem after a tough loss they give you Jardine.

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. No one in their right mind considers that a win for Matt Hamill. He got completely hosed by Jon Jones. That's why they gave him Jardine, because he needed a "name" to get him back on track after that loss to Jones.

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. No one in their right mind considers that a win for Matt Hamill. He got completely hosed by Jon Jones. That's why they gave him Jardine, because he needed a "name" to get him back on track after that loss to Jones.

I look at it this way. Hamill got screwed into a loss against Bisping, and he lucked into a win against Jones. He did not really want that win, but it was not his decision. Everybody knows that was not a real loss for Jones, just like Fedor's last loss.

Hell, it could end up being better for Jones since he does not have the pressure of keeping an undefeated record. With one loss or no losses, that is a bad man.

I look at it this way. Hamill got screwed into a loss against Bisping, and he lucked into a win against Jones. He did not really want that win, but it was not his decision. Everybody knows that was not a real loss for Jones, just like Fedor's last loss.

Hell, it could end up being better for Jones since he does not have the pressure of keeping an undefeated record. With one loss or no losses, that is a bad man.

Dude, Bisping sucks too. I can't stand that guy. The UFC will keep giving him fights he can win because he's a huge star in the UK. He is the UK's version of Forrest Griffin. Mediocre fighter that's hugely popular in his home country. UFC thought he could beat Wandy and that's the only reason they put him in the cage with Bisping. Though, I would have paid good money to see Bisping getting kneed to death by Anderson if somehow he had got past Henderson. That fight would have put Leben v Silva to shame in the awesomeness that Silva pulverize Bisping.

Hamill looked completely uninspired last night. He came on strong in the 2nd round because he knew he got beat up in the first, but then he played right into Jardine's striking game again in the 3rd. I actually gave that fight to Jardine but I don't know how I figure in the point deduction so whatever.

Where the hell has Carano been lately?

Good question. Cyborg knocked her off the map. I think Gina most likely figures she's not going to get that belt back so she's changing her career aspirations. Nude modeling is my hope.

WEC tonight on Versus featuring the well-liked and admired Jaime Varner vs. Kamal Shalrous

i'm taking:

Varner (although i cannot bring myself to actually root for this man) by (T)ko, round 2

Grispi by Submission, Round 3

Hominick by Unanimous Decision

Horodecki by (T)KO, round 2

Watching now. Where u guys at? :)

I'll take Varner and Horodecki. I don't know anyone else.

That's a good point. I guess things have a way of evening themselves out in the fight world.

Watching now. Where u guys at? :)

I'll take Varner and Horodecki. I don't know anyone else.

I'm about to start watching from the beginning now, I've got it on DVR, will be jumping in periodically. :)