Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I went 0 for 5 with my picks. Thinking about picking tennis matches or golf tournaments instead. But for now, let me just go on record and say that I was rooting for Hughes and Machida all the way. My picks were merely to offset any disappointment I'd feel if the fighters I wanted to win were to lose. :doh:

I suck.

Sherk had perhaps the worst gameplan he could have thought up last night. The one takedown attempt I remember him trying was easily successful. But he thinks he's a boxer now. Chuck Liddell syndrom. Edgar's hands are, were, and always will be better than Sherk's.

I missed the second half of the Sonnen fight. From what I saw, he came in to that fight looking 3 times better than he has been lately. Miller got dominated. Kudoz to Sonnen for stepping it up.

I missed the McFedries fight. Internet feeds went down in the middle of the event. But apparently Drew did what he knows and went right after the win. It worked this time.

Rooted for Hughes, picked Serra. Ended up happy and wrong. These guys still hate each other. No question they wanted to go 3 more rounds.

Machida is incredible to watch. Rashad had no answer for anything. He narrowly missed a big shot or two, but that's Machida's M.O. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. It was an epic fight, incredible speed and power was completely shut down by textbook technique. Machida is a computer. I'm really interested in seeing how he reacts to adversity in the cage. Even Fedor met a Randleplex and Fujita Fireball. The guy is an instinctual nightmare, if he can keep the belt in this division for a while it would be amazing. In the past 2 years there have been 4 different champions at LHW. This guy seems to have a good chance of breaking that pattern.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Dream 9 is on tomorrow morning at 5am EST. Pretty good card, and some crazy weight differentials.

Dream Middleweight Championship

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (184.1) vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (184.8)

Dream Featherweight Grand Prix

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (136.8) vs. Joe Warren (137.7)

Masakazu Imanari (138.6) vs. Bibiano Fernandes (138.2)

Yoshiro Maeda (138.2) vs. Hiroyuki Takaya (138.6)

Hideo Tokoro (137.9) vs. Abel Cullum (137.9)

Dream Super Hulk Tournament

Gegard Mousasi (217.8) vs. Mark Hunt (286)

Jan Nortje (352) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (224.4)

Hong Man Choi (330) vs. Jose Canseco (253)

Ikuhisa Minowa (195.8) vs. Bob Sapp (319)

Non-Tournament Bout

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante (154) vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (154)

Well, I got a chance to see the fight yesterday. So ****ing glad I decided not to check out who won. Such a great ending. Machida is gonna be really really hard for anyone to stop now. Of anyone in that division, I think Shogun has the best chance. I thought Evans really had the best shot because of his speed but he made Evans look like a little schoolgirl.

Overall good card. I enjoyed most of the fights. Mcfedries looks insane and could start moving up quickly if he keeps the knockouts coming.

Oh My Dear Lord...did anyone watch TUF last night? Sure, this season is a complete suckfest, but last night could have possibly been the most hilarious TUF in the history of TUF. It was like a complete wussfest punctuated by intermittent doses of astounding idiocy...nearly to American Idol proportions.

My Favorite Highlights

1. Pierce/Pearce whatever wusses out on even getting into the octagon to fight. What the hell is up with half these guys who come on this show then wuss out on the biggest opportunity of their career??? That's absolutely mindboggling to me :doh:

2. Bisping being a little ***** about UK vs. USA practice time. I've always disliked Bisping and thought he was an over-confident jerk with a chip on his shoulder, but this season, and this particular show, solidified that view.

3. Faulkner not being able to handle wearing a mouthpiece. That's hysterical. I've never, ever heard an athlete make so much of a stink about a freaking mouthguard. Maybe someone needs to clue him in on the fact that he really needs to buy a mouthpiece that fits him...oh yeah, and he needs to FIT it to his teeth as well, lol.

4. Let's see, both fighters gassed at the end of round...ONE (particularly Faulkner). That's absolutely ridiculous; embarrassing to the sport in fact.

5. Faulkner telling Bisping he "had a good time" even though he lost the fight due to unprecedented whimptitude. Faulkner might need to be clued in to the fact that when not only do you LOSE a fight (or anything in athletics as far as I'm concerned), but lose because you wimped out and threw in the towel and gave up on the fight, you don't tell your pissed off coach you "had a good time." :hysterical: Seriously, WTF? Who the heck does that?

6. My love for Dan Henderson has now eclipsed my love for/massive crush on GSP, haha. :D

Edited by Special K

I watched it and I have to agree with most of what you said. Even though I don't like him that much, I'm glad Lester won. I expected him to gas quickly as well because he fought so recently.

Bisping is a gigantic douche on the show. I stopped rooting for him after the Hamill loss (I know he won, but we ALL know he should have lost) and his behavior after the fight. However, this show is showing his douchebaggery on a whole new level.

And yeah, Pearce needs to leave the show, there is no reason for him to still be training with them. I love how he was ****ing about "getting benched" but he's lying to his teammates saying he wasn't allowed to fight when Dana knows he could have. Pretty sad waste of a gigantic opportunity.

Sebowski, I have Undsiputed but I'm not terribly great at the game (fighting games have always been a weakness for me). But, if you want to add me, Opiatezeo38, I'll fight a couple with you.

Edited by Opiate-Zeo

I missed it Keeastman but don't knock American Idol :nono:

:paranoid:

I did however watch the Dream card that I had recorded from this weekend.

Minowa (a 190lber) finished Bob Sapp with a leg lock. My friend said it could've been fake like the last Bobby Lashley fight but I don't think so. Sapp was pounding Minowa in the face the whole time he was going for the leg lock.

Hong Man Choi finished Jose Canseco in round 1 via ground n pound :laugh: Canseco is a douche so I was glad to see it.

Mousasi subbed Mark Hunt with a kimura round 1 as well.

Sokoudjou totally went ape **** on Jan Norje (6-8 320 lb HW). Sokoudjou wouldn't stop beating him up after the ref told him to, he was going wild.

Kawajiri beat JZ Calvancante via decision

Mayhem and Jacare got a NC for an illegal ground kick by Mayhem. Kind of sucks too because I don't know what they're going to do with the MW title now.

Also:

Kid Yamamoto got beat by Joe Warren via decision

Yoshiro Maedo (had the FOTY candidate with Miguel Torres last year) got TKO'd in round 1

and

Imanari got beat by Bibiano Fernendes who I know nothing about except he's lost to both Urijah Faber and Kid Yamamoto

Great card overall. The Super Hulk tournament was pretty cool. Glad to see Sokoudjou and Mousasi win and glad to see Canseco lose. Dream had all these cool special effects that made the fighters look like comic book characters when they walked down to the ring...man I miss Japanese MMA.

I still can't get any Undisputed challengers?

I'll fight ya.

and to answer your earlier question,

I think Shogun has a ways to go to be ready for Machida.

I was really disappointed in Shogun when he made the move over, I don't know if its the lack of roids or something else happened to him. I really want to like the guy, but he just hasn't impressed me since moving to the UFC.

I can't believe i'm saying this, but I think Tito is 5 rounds has a chance at Machida.

I'm very interested in seeing him tested on the ground as well, i know he subbed Soku and got out of a triangle from Tito, both in impressive fashion.

As Mike Swick says:

Machida is a ninja

I

Great card overall. The Super Hulk tournament was pretty cool. Glad to see Sokoudjou and Mousasi win and glad to see Canseco lose. Dream had all these cool special effects that made the fighters look like comic book characters when they walked down to the ring...man I miss Japanese MMA.

Mousasi is impressive, I would love to see him fight more and with different competition. Rumor has it he may fight Vitor at Affliction, that would be sweet, but is he a 205 fighter or 185?

I like the way he carries himself, always soft spoken and humble, reminds me a lot of Fedor.

Overall, i'm not a huge fan of the freak show fights as I think it degrades the legitimacy of the sport, but I admit, they are entertaining as hell.

I loved watching Canseco tappin to strikes :-) hehehehehe

Bisping is a gigantic douche on the show. I stopped rooting for him after the Hamill loss (I know he won, but we ALL know he should have lost) and his behavior after the fight.

Exactly. Bisping's jerktitude wasn't as apparent to me when he was a constestant on TUF...but as soon as he won, his asshatness was unleashed. The Hamill fight really, really pissed me off; not only did I think Hamill won, but Bisping's behavior was just disgusting. I haven't really disliked a fighter as much as with Bisping. I'm not an overly morbid person, but I hope Bisping gets his face bashed in next fight.

And yeah, Pearce needs to leave the show, there is no reason for him to still be training with them. I love how he was ****ing about "getting benched" but he's lying to his teammates saying he wasn't allowed to fight when Dana knows he could have. Pretty sad waste of a gigantic opportunity.

It's like he hasn't been clued in to the fact that the show is being TAPED and what he does will eventually be SHOWN on NATIONAL TELEVISION...so any lie is going to be revealed and make you look like even more of a dip**** :doh1:

I missed it Keeastman but don't knock American Idol :nono:

Haha! You know, American Idol might have been better than last night's TUF episode...

Hong Man Choi finished Jose Canseco in round 1 via ground n pound :laugh: Canseco is a douche so I was glad to see it.

Haha, yeah, that's awesome.

Mousasi is impressive, I would love to see him fight more and with different competition. Rumor has it he may fight Vitor at Affliction, that would be sweet, but is he a 205 fighter or 185?

I like the way he carries himself, always soft spoken and humble, reminds me a lot of Fedor.

Yeah Mousasi is a cool guy. I'd like to see him come to the UFC eventually. He's used to be a 185er but said in an interview not too long ago that it's too much weight for him to cut now so he'll be fighting at 205 from now on.

I'd guess that Vitor will probably be moving up to 205 for this fight, he's done it in the past. Unless they are going to fight at a catchweight.

Rampage vs. Rashad for the next season of TUF. Who gets the title shot? A few rumors of Shogun sneaking his way in there. I think that's the best matchup you can get right now, if Shogun can keep his body from breaking. Not like he's completely earned it as of late, but we all know what he's capable of when he's primed and ready. Everybody else within reach is booked up right now.