Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal

pretty good prospect. he was US Freestyle wrestling champ a couple of years

The Mo fight wasn't that good. I didn't expect anything groundbreaking from this card, but Hioki looks like a damn good prospect. He owned the hell out of a good opponent.

i just watched that Hioki fight, he used that dude as a grappling dummy

Edited by StillUnknown

Did anyone catch "March Badness"? I was going to get it, but had to go out of town. Also, Shamrock being out of it took away a little bit of my interest.

Anyways, it did not sound like a tremendously exciting card. I could be wrong though.

In the co-main events Bobby Lashley beat Jason Guida via UD and Jeff Monson beat Roy Nelson via UD as well.

Way to go Snowman.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/lashley-decisions-guida-at-badness-16678

Lashley has a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go before he even thinks facing quality competition

Din Thomas fought @ 145 and finished some no name with brutal knee. during the post fight interview he said domestic violence isn't cool and that Rihanna could call him if she needed some help with Chris Brown

and Lovetoaster, its been 2 weeks, my sig obligation is complete. i'll get revenge next time we bet

Din Thomas fought @ 145 and finished some no name with brutal knee. during the post fight interview he said domestic violence isn't cool and that Rihanna could call him if she needed some help with Chris Brown

Holy moly. I was just thinking we never see great openings like that anymore. :)

(I meant your sig.)

Edited by Chachie

There are reports that Afflication 3 will try to counter program UFC 100. Also reported that Barnett and Fedor will both fight but not each other and that it will be free, not PPV.

Man, thats not very sport to go up against the UFC, let alone UFC 100 which is supposed to be huge.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14326/report-affliction-plans-developing-for-possible-ufc-100-battle.mma

In other news, Douchbag KJ Noons, lost a unanmious decision in his return to boxing.

There are reports that Afflication 3 will try to counter program UFC 100. Also reported that Barnett and Fedor will both fight but not each other and that it will be free, not PPV.

Man, thats not very sport to go up against the UFC, let alone UFC 100 which is supposed to be huge.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14326/report-affliction-plans-developing-for-possible-ufc-100-battle.mma

Yeah, I heard that this was true a few days ago, then it was false, and now it might be true again. If it is so, then I think it is a terrible move. I for damn sure will be ordering UFC 100, and DVRing Affliction if this is the case. As much as they pay their fighters, they are guaranteeing a huge loss by going non-PPV, when I do not know if they can afford to.

I wonder if Affliction is just bluffing in order to get the UFC back to the bartgaining table to allow Afflicition to sponsor UFC fighters again. The last meeting blew up when the ex-con Afflication guy Tood Beard went ape **** and start cursing out the Fertitta brothers.

This meeting was supposedly to get Affliction back as a sponsor as long as they quit being MMA promoters.

first couple weeks of April is MMA on speed:

April 1st: Ultimate Fight Night 18

April 4th: Bellator FC on ESPN Deportes (Eddie Alvarez is fighting)

April 5th: WEC 40

April 5th: Dream 8: WW Tourney Begins

April 11th: Strikeforce on Showtime

April 11th: Bellator FC on ESPN Deportes

April 18th: UFC 97

UFC Fight Night 18: For a free event on Spike the card is pretty impressive and it does highlight a lot of those TUF guys. Condit vs. Kampmann is a nice main card fight. I'd predict Condit to win via submission. Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero is a pretty tough first fight for Bader, although it definitely is bottom of the talent pool for UFC lhw's. Bader is definitely an impressive wrestler with heavy fists. Carmelo is a very favorable matchup, although this fight with the two wrestlers could turn out to be a very boring laying and hugging match. I do think though Bader has some nice GnP. Not excited to see Junie Browning on the Main card and on my television again. Dana obviously put him on the main card for viewers. Honestly I hate the prick but I'm not going to deny that he looked pretty good on TUF finale although Dave Kaplan was trash. It's a pretty tough matchup for him, as Miller has beaten Leonard Garcia before. Also excited to see Tyson Griffin on the Main card now after Effrain dropped out. Would have been nice to see Effrain as he is a very dominant wrestler who has some standup skills and submissions. I still think Phllipe Nover will be a good fighter in the UFC and he has a nice fight to prove himself UFC 98 against Kyle Bradley who's a pretty good fighter. Nover just needs to work on some wrestling and some more punch combo's and uppercuts. Not the same overhead swing he uses over and over again.

WEC definitely suffers when coverboy Urijah is not fighting or Leonard or Mike Brown. Torres should win his match. None of the other fights really appeals to me.

Can't wait until Dream 8 and can't wait to see the official participant list announced.

Strikeforce on Showtime: Definitely will be interesting. Not sure what to make out of the Frank Shamrock vs. Nick Diaz fight, but I'll definitely be watching. Frank is still one tough SOB. I want to see Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith fight. Also interesting to see two Elite XC fighters step in the ring, Cyborg and Brett Rogers, obviously not against each other lol. Still really want to see Cyborg against Gina Carano. Cyborg is one scary looking tranny. Brett Rogers the HW king of Elite XC is a guy I want to watch. Never really bought into his hype. He's big, fat, and punches hard, not sure if he has much more than that.

UFC 97: I'll be honest I'm not as excited about Chuck vs. Shogun as most are. Honestly I'm not convinced that Chuck will be able to hang anymore. To me Chuck has just become a sloppy one dimensional fighter. Anderson Silva vs. Leites should be a bore unless Silva comes out again Sleepwalking like against Patrick Cote. Still a one dimensional BJJ fighter shouldn't stand a chance against the Spider. Chieck Kongo vs. Hardonk will probably be the fight of the night. There will definitely be some fireworks with those two kickboxers in the ring. I predict though Kongo with the KO switch kick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Luis Cane I think will dominate Cantwell although he's a gritty fighter. Krzystof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann is an awfuly interesting Main card bout they have scheduled. Stann was a pretty impressive WEC fighter. Krzystof never imrpessed me that much on the show as he was very limited on the ground and his standup was overrated and very slow, still I saw him fight a while back in the IFL as a heavyweigth against Ben Rothwell, and if can regain that form he could be a tough beat. I'd personally rather see Vinny vs. Elliot Marshall on the Main card instead. That should be an interesting fight. Elliot I think has a major advantage in standup as he is naturally longer and leaner and has beter kicks, that and Vinny is completely inept and afraid in standup. On the ground there is no doubt Vinny is one of the top BJJ guys in the entire MMA right now, the problem is he has no idea how to get guys down. Elliot Marshall is a pretty impressive competitive black belt BJJ artist, so I'd favor him over Vinny. Nate Quarry vs Jason McDonald is another nice undercard fight. This card is pretty stacked in general.

BTW not a big fan of this England vs. USA TUF 9 thing. Trying to copy the contender or something. Bisping vs Dan Henderson though will be a good fight.

Edited by Dmac#5

WEC definitely suffers when coverboy Urijah is not fighting or Leonard or Mike Brown. Torres should win his match. None of the other fights really appeals to me.

i don't think Torres will lose, but his opponent is a skilled fighter. he's not a last minute replacement "can" type of an opponent. i've watched a couple of his matches and he can put up a good fight. definitely sucks that Bowles got injured though

Curran vs. Benavidez will be a great fight. Benavidez pushes as hard as Faber, but Curran has all the experience in the world. winner will probably get next title shot, depending on Bowles injury status.

i'm lookin forward to when they start their 125lb matches, not sure what event they are going to start though.

and Carano said she's probably going to fight Cyborg sometime in the summer/fall

Edited by StillUnknown

and Carano said she's probably going to fight Cyborg sometime in the summer/fall

Yep looks like August:

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/carano-plans-august-return-against-cyborg-16698

Also the Kos'/Chris Wilson fight is official for UFC 98 and Paul Taylor/Peter Sobotta has been added to UFC 99

http://sherdog.com/news/news/bouts-added-to-ufc-98-99-16710

Never heard of Sobotta though.

Cool new vids of the new UFC game coming out in May at:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/876/876973/vids_1.html

the ground game looks more fluid than the standup which surprises me. i haven't been impressed with the videos i've seen for the stand up portion of the game. the striking (particularly the defense) doesn't look fluid at all. i was hoping it would get better as time went on but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

the ground game looks much better than i thought it would, but it all comes down to how it handles when you're playing.

Fight Night Round 4 is looking like the better game so far, but i plan on getting both (unless one gets ridiculously low rating)

Good, because most of march has been really lacking for MMA.

the ground game looks more fluid than the standup which surprises me. i haven't been impressed with the videos i've seen for the stand up portion of the game. the striking (particularly the defense) doesn't look fluid at all. i was hoping it would get better as time went on but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

the ground game looks much better than i thought it would, but it all comes down to how it handles when you're playing.

Fight Night Round 4 is looking like the better game so far, but i plan on getting both (unless one gets ridiculously low rating)

Yeah, I am still keeping expectations relatively low. MMA has to be one of the toughest transitions to a good video game ever. I like the range thing, but can see it somng down to early versions of Fight Night with haymakers.

My created palyer will definetlay be a Muy Thai/BJJ guy. Hopefully you can use created guys online and we can have all kinds of new sig bets.

Alistair Overeem is fighting Remy Bonjasky under K-1 Rules, the event starts around 4am (est)

Overeem scored the first point: "I am 100-percent ready. Now, we know Remy and we respect him as a three-time champion, but even more, we respect his acting -- both in movies and in the ring. And so we arranged a little something..."

On cue, Overeem's girlfriend Anne took the stage to present a plastic "Oscar" statuette to a smiling Bonjasky.

Bonjasky stood up and responded in a beat: "I will put this with all my trophies, the big ones! And Alistair, maybe you should stop the drugs, because you're also getting big, bigger and bigger, even your clothes don't fit you any more!"

should be a great fight. Remy's one of my favorite fighters to watch, i hope he pulls it out.