Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

HA, oddly enough I thought watching Coleman survive gassing halfway through round 1 through the rest of the fight was awesome. I haven't routed for a guy so openly for a while. Of course, if it were anybody but Shogun he would have been finished (isn't that a sad thing to say). For a second there I thought Shogun was toying with him, setting up a Double Dragon cyclone kick or Haduken fireball. But then I quickly realized he was gassing, as well. It looked like two 60 year olds trying to put their friends' urns on a mantle. I had Coleman winning 29-27, and the 1 point was only deducted from Coleman because of the knockdown at the end of round 3.

In my opinion, it was a bad stoppage. Coleman got caught but he was on his hands and knees. I think he would have grabbed a single and held on 'til the end of the fight. The refs are getting really bad these days.

i had Rua winning the first two round, he was winning the exchanges standing up, and when it went to the ground he was lookin for subs. Coleman didn't do **** when it hit the ground. i know the judges give points just for getting the takedown, but i like to see a little more done with it.

truthfully, neither deserve to fight in the octagon after that ****ty performance though

Edited by StillUnknown

i had Rua winning the first two round, he was winning the exchanges standing up, and when it went to the ground he was lookin for subs. Coleman didn't do **** when it hit the ground. i know the judges give points just for getting the takedown, but i like to see a little more done with it.

truthfully, neither deserve to fight in the octagon after that ****ty performance though

Honestly, I thought Coleman won the stand up battle until the very end. He was meeting Shogun with a stiff jab every time he came in, and he was generally tagging him with better shots. Shogun put together some combos, if you want to call them that; they didn't do anything to an already virtually-dead fighter in Coleman. Rua's knees from the clinch were exciting moments, because we saw what he did with the clinch in PRIDE, but hell if only 2 or 3 of those really had any thump to them.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Chuck vs Shogun in april in montreal just announced today has a co main event.

I guess Shogun might be about to face his 1st knockout unless his cardio improves drastically.

Dana jumped all over that. You know what his mindset was. "Shogun just beat Mark Coleman, he was p4p in 2006, he was the #1 LHW in the world, if Chuck beats him, he's a fight away from a title shot."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7980&zoneid=13

Following a second show in the country of Ireland, the UFC handed down numerous bonuses to several competitors on the card, including 2 "Fight of the Night" awards.

The first award for Fight of the Night went to "The Irish Hand Grenade" Marcus Davis and Chris "Lights Out" Lytle for a back and forth battle that saw the two welterweights go to war just as promised.

The 2nd Fight of the Night bonus were handed to former Pride middleweight Grand Prix winner, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and UFC Hall of Famer, Mark "The Hammer" Coleman, for their bout that ended in the third round after a back and forth affair throughout.

what fight was Dana watching??????? :doh:

Shogun's fight was mad sloppy. Him and his brother are seriously lacking in cardio. He took too many punches to the face. I know Coleman sucks at striking but atleast try to avoid. He better step up his game against Chuck. I will say if this was Pride the match would have been over in the first round. Shogun was in side control and in perfect position to knee the crap out of Coleman's head. No knees to a downed oppenent is so lame.

Dana jumped all over that. You know what his mindset was. "Shogun just beat Mark Coleman, he was p4p in 2006, he was the #1 LHW in the world, if Chuck beats him, he's a fight away from a title shot."

That, and they were scheduled to fight last year and Shogun hurt his knee. It was rumored on sherdog before the fight today even happened they would fight if Shogun won.

I've heard rumors Chuck has been training at other camps and being 1 of my favorites i truly hope so he has to start being alittle more defensive and maybe even start useing his wrestling more. I'd love to see him just go up to heavyweight i think his diminshed handspeed would work well with the bigger guys.:2cents:

HA, oddly enough I thought watching Coleman survive gassing halfway through round 1 through the rest of the fight was awesome. I haven't routed for a guy so openly for a while... ...I had Coleman winning 29-27, and the 1 point was only deducted from Coleman because of the knockdown at the end of round 3.

In my opinion, it was a bad stoppage. Coleman got caught but he was on his hands and knees. I think he would have grabbed a single and held on 'til the end of the fight. The refs are getting really bad these days.

I had the fight as close to even as I could imagine by the time Mark got TKOed. I also found myself rooting for Coleman despite claiming before the fight to be in favor of Rua. I expect more from Shogun and he's not bringing it to the UFC. I know he's had injuries but I'm not seeing a well-trained fighter here.

No kidding. I had it 29-28 Hendo, but I could see it being 29-28 Franklin. 30-27 either way is ridiculous.

Two guys who stayed true to their styles and brought a good show to the cage. I wish that were for a title. I think Rich would have won the extra rounds.

How do I keep talking myself into buying these mediocre PPVs? What a yawn-fest. The Coleman-Rua fight was pathetic. Coleman was done in the first round and Rua couldn't finish it. Coleman looked old....real old. I hope he decides to hang it up for his own good. He would have gotten demolished by anyone who was well prepared...(I'm looking at you Rua).

The Franklin-Henderson fight was lukewarm. I know they're nice guys, but less hugging and touching gloves and more pummeling. It was a good matchup though, and honestly, I thought it was the best fight of the night.

I did learn something...if you want to guarantee yourself a win, either be from the country the event is being held in, or have a nickname the locals love. Who had any doubt that someone nicknamed "The Irish Handgrenade" would win in IRELAND. Reminded me of Bisping in London.

Edited by Raub

How do I keep talking myself into buying these mediocre PPVs? What a yawn-fest. The Coleman-Rua fight was pathetic. Coleman was done in the first round and Rua couldn't finish it. Coleman looked old....real old. I hope he decides to hang it up for his own good. He would have gotten demolished by anyone who was well prepared...(I'm looking at you Rua).

I saw a night that was mixed with good stand-up and good groundwork, the fighters gave solid efforts and even though Coleman and Rua both showed why they should sit, at least it was interesting waiting to see who'd cave in their gasfest. :)

I did learn something...if you want to guarantee yourself a win, either be from the country the event is being held in, or have a nickname the locals love. Who had any doubt that someone nicknamed "The Irish Handgrenade" would win in IRELAND. Reminded me of Bisping in London.

Tell that to Tom Egan. :D

Edited by Chachie

i'm still kinda pissed Shogun/Coleman got a fight of the night bonus check. that type of fight should not be rewarded in any fashion

I thought is was a great fight. they might not have had much, but they gave it all they had.

I love how much Shogun commits to his knees. He sends them flying up without regard of being taken down.

How bad did Coleman's body look? George Costanza's dad called. He wants his figure back. Bet he comes back back clean.

Pretty funny Coleman interview too. He looked like Rocky and sounded like Shogun beat a Southern accent into him. ols

I thought every fight was good. None were great, but they were all entertaining.

Lytle should have taken the fight to the ground in the third. Davis was counter punching too well. It would have been cool to see some exciting ground scrambles mixed in that fight.

I'm looking forward to Chuck-Shogun. Not so much Rampage-Jardine.

The April card is in Montreal. GSP has to be on it. Interesting to see who he'll get after BJ Penn destroys him.

I no longer have respect for War Machine.

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=4569353&messageID=6305672730&MyToken=cdd27d88-19b9-41b7-9c7a-f56b7a7087ef

"**** an Obama

I could care less about the mother ****er...everywhere I turn I have to see his face or hear his ****in' name...wtf?

And the liberals and blacks are so happy because of "change"??

Ain't **** gonna change. All he is is a rich white guy with a dark tan..lol

****tt.

**** any president that was RICH before he came into office.

How is some rich faggot gonna represent "the people" when he can't understand what it's like to struggle?

I hope someone smokes that ****er and every president to come until they can actually give us a candidate that is truly one of THE PEOPLE.

WM"