Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

damnit...we gotta make seperate threads for the show. i am on the west coast and this was just spoiled for me...**** man

That happened to me on wednesday night too. I saw the Krystoff post quoted and baked out of the thread as fast as I could.

Mike, if you have Cox you have Spike HD now and they air everything at East Coast times. I DVR'd it though.

Edit: guess you have to have an hd tv too.

Edited by Sebowski

That happened to me on wednesday night too. I saw the Krystoff post quoted and baked out of the thread as fast as I could.

Mike, if you have Cox you have Spike HD now and they air everything at East Coast times. I DVR'd it though.

I had to DVR it, so I stayed away from the thread until I got a chance to watch it.

Looks like this season of TUF has two bonified prospects that can became instant stars. Phillip and Vinnie. Although Phillip Novar's striking as much better than Vinnies at this point, both have sick BJJ, but I think Vinnies' is a lil bit better

Ryan Badar is a collegiate wrestler with loads of potential.

thats true and I know that too but I am new to HD at home so I will have to remember to start watching the east coast feed.

:cheers:

Nover is amazing. Vinny's deadly but I question his head and heart.

Vinny is a 205lbs version of Shinya Aoki. his standup wont bother anybody, but he has knack for getting the fight to the ground where he can twist his opponent's body into a pretzel like shape

seriously though, he strikes like he's on a slip-n-slide, so very very sloppy

UFC Fight For the Troops picks:

Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller: Wiman has the tools and the momentum to beat the crap out of Jim Miller. He's got a reach advantage and better striking, but I think he's looking too far ahead to get a rematch with Frankie Edgar. This is a trap fight against a formidable left hander than can scrap on the ground. Miller, split decision.

Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran: Credeur is a beast on the ground, and has a long 6'3" frame for a MW. Loughran is 6'2", but is primarily a wrestler (although he did choke out his last opponent). Hard to tell if they have any surprises in their games at this point. But on paper, Credeur should be able to win. Triangle choke, round 3.

Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan: The WEC light heavyweight champion, Steve Cantwell. Looking up Al-Hassan and his fight history will show you that he mostly finishes his fights very quickly. He looks like he'll knock your head off, but he's a submission guy. Razak has very little experience, on top of that experience coming against novice fighters, to be thrown against the AAA-league's light heavyweight champ. I see Cantwell getting on top of Razak and overwhelming him early. TKO G&P, round 1.

Mike Swick vs. Jonathen Goulet: Swick has looked sick lately. That's right, he's literally looked 'sick' cutting to 170, like he needs a feeding tube. But he's also looked very comfortable managing fights at 170. His dismantling of the streaking Marcus Davis was very, very impressive. Swick uses his reach as well as anyone in the UFC. Tonight he fights Goulet, who has the same amount of reach. Goulet is good in the clinch, but I think Swick's awareness and calm demeanor in during a fight will prevent him from getting stuck in a bad spot for long. To me, Goulet has to nail him with a 'fight changing' strike or Swick will own him for 15 minutes. Swick, UD.

Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiuki Yoshida: Before I talk about Koscheck, let me just say that Yoshida's Yokozuna on War "War Machine" Machine was awesome. Koscheck took the Alves fight on short notice, and he's bolting in to this one also. The Koscheck saga is a fast-paced one, this will be his 13th fight in 3 1/2 years. I think he is pushing himself to be a tough athlete more than liven-up his toolbox, so to speak. He goes in there wanting to tackle and G&P you, maybe jab and counter...but that's about it. He's a cardio machine, he can wrestle very well, but he needs to take some time to develop a right cross in to something dangerous, perhaps. He is one of the best welterweights, but his style is getting to be figured out, kind of like a Chuck Liddell deal. He's not as one-dimensional as Chuck, but he's also not as dangerous. Being well rounded is going to be a pre-requisite for this sport, if it isn't already. Koscheck is decently-rounded unless you're talking about his takedowns and takedown defense. I just don't think it's enough for him to become a great welterweight. Damn, I type this much and pick him anyway? Maybe I see a potential waste of talent in the guy. Koscheck, G&P, round 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Koscheck is very close to assuming the role of #1 gatekeeper of the WW division. i'm going with Yoshida in the upset. Kos is coming off a beating at the hands of Alves, mentally switching from one opponent and back to the original can't be good for your training. Yoshida is talented, not so much in the striking, but every other part of his game is well rounded.

Koscheck has everything in his favor in this fight, i just don't think he'll win tonight

i have picked 9 consecutive bouts right, i'm puttin my streak on the line with the upset tonight

the fact that Junie is even on the card boggles the mind. acts like a complete ass on show, has a horrible performance his first fight, gets his ass handed to him his second fight, yet is signed.

So true in Junie's case, too. The others were stupid, but they didn't throw glass at people. Junie does it twice, endangering the money-making prospects of other fighters AND Dana but he gets off with a mild discussion. He must be crazy-talented. I'm skeptical and we'll see.

Junie is just a ****ing dumbass. When I saw him in the prelim fights I thought to myself this guy is gonna be this seasons Chris Leben. Just getting drunk and being stupid. Starting **** left and right. Looks like my prediction turned out correct. Hes got TONS of potential if he can get his head straight. Otherwise he will have no future in the UFC.