Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't get the UD vs. Split thing either. All the judges being on the same page is a good thing (when they are right).

I have a new rule I would love to see, but know will never, ever, happen.

If a fight goes the distance, it is a draw. No judges. Finish the fight or you tie. Who's with me?

nah that wouldn't work. there are some clear one sided dominant decisions. Koscheck/Avles would've been ruled a tie in that case, and Alves clearly won that fight

GSP/Koscheck would've been ruled a draw as well

But I bet some of those fights wouldn't have lasted if they knew they would tie if they didn't finish.

This would be cool:

mmamania.com

Quoteworthy:

“What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won’t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].”

UFC President Dana White answers a question at the UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” post-fight press conference about the chances of Kimbo Slice fighting inside the Octagon someday soon. Slice — a Miami street brawler turned mixed martial artist — is now out of a job because of the collapse of Elite XC. And while he may still be raw in terms of all around skills, Slice has huge drawing power — people flock to their televisions or computers to watch him do his thing. Therefore, it’s safe to say that if Slice does take up White on his offer that Spike TV ratings would likely go through the roof. But locking Kimbo in a house with several up-and-comers in their twenties for six weeks doesn’t ever seem like it would happen. Who knows, but the offer is apparently Slice’s for the taking to perhaps prove White wrong and earn a UFC contract.

But I bet some of those fights wouldn't have lasted if they knew they would tie if they didn't finish.

I see what you're saying, and it'd probably make it more exciting for the impatient American fans. But I'll take a chess match instead of a drag race when it comes to fighting. It's amazing to see the depth of fighters' repetrois when they go deep in to a fight. Take Sakuraba vs. Royce I, for example. A.D.D. would run rampant in this "give me fast food instead of a slowly cooked meal" country. The fight was like molasses but it was also like watching an hour-long poker match that ends with the loser getting his balls cut off. You can look in their eyes and study how they're thinking 4 moves ahead. Like Gary Kasparov vs. Anatoli Karpov. They kept making revolutionary grappling manuevers and negating each other, it was a work of art. It wasn't a lay & pray battle, however, because there was no bell for them to pray for.

Lay & pray and "Kalib"inism are seen in most events. Lay & pray is annoying, because the fighter really isn't looking for anything but the horn. Kalibinsim is annoying because all you have are the reverse lights on. IMO, when you fight like that, you deserve to lose. Why risk a better fighter losing to some lucky punch by charging in hard at some schmuck that doesn't want to engage? You're forcing better fighters to take more of a risk, and worse fighters to have a better chance.

This would be cool:

mmamania.com

Quoteworthy:

“What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won’t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].”

UFC President Dana White answers a question at the UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” post-fight press conference about the chances of Kimbo Slice fighting inside the Octagon someday soon. Slice — a Miami street brawler turned mixed martial artist — is now out of a job because of the collapse of Elite XC. And while he may still be raw in terms of all around skills, Slice has huge drawing power — people flock to their televisions or computers to watch him do his thing. Therefore, it’s safe to say that if Slice does take up White on his offer that Spike TV ratings would likely go through the roof. But locking Kimbo in a house with several up-and-comers in their twenties for six weeks doesn’t ever seem like it would happen. Who knows, but the offer is apparently Slice’s for the taking to perhaps prove White wrong and earn a UFC contract.

I think this is about the only acceptable way to let Kimbo into the UFC b/c he hasn't done anything else that warrants him getting a UFC contract.

And I agree with Dana, put him in TUF against a heavyweight wrestler or anyone else who semi knows what the hell he's doing and there's no way Kimbo would go the distance to win. It would be a good move for ratings and a way to expose Kimbo's one dimensional fighting style so people could see the guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

Shannon Gugerty lost...

I also think Kos showed great heart. He gets that from Fitch me thinks. But I don't think he can beat thiago.

As for sherk griffin, just because it's a UD does not mean it wasnt a close fight. Each round was razor thin, but I thought Sherk pulled it out, 29-28.

Dude I totally agree about maynard. All he did was take Clementi down then lay on him. It was text book lay n pray. I was VERY disappointed with him tonight.

you were right, i must have read it wrong.

i dont care what you think of kos or fitch.

i dont care what you think of the results.

you seem to have a way of attacking people on this thread for not agreeing with what you say. you can have your own opinion and thats all good but dont feel the need to try and correct mine because you dont like it. thats cheesy and its not really what the thread is for. :2cents:

you were right, i must have read it wrong.

i dont care what you think of kos or fitch.

i dont care what you think of the results.

you seem to have a way of attacking people on this thread for not agreeing with what you say. you can have your own opinion and thats all good but dont feel the need to try and correct mine because you dont like it. thats cheesy and its not really what the thread is for. :2cents:

wtf??? Don't get your panties in a bunch Mike. I was giving my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Funny how you don't say anything when I agree with you tho. :rolleyes:

I think this is about the only acceptable way to let Kimbo into the UFC b/c he hasn't done anything else that warrants him getting a UFC contract.

And I agree with Dana, put him in TUF against a heavyweight wrestler or anyone else who semi knows what the hell he's doing and there's no way Kimbo would go the distance to win. It would be a good move for ratings and a way to expose Kimbo's one dimensional fighting style so people could see the guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

agree 100%

Imagine if Kimbo would win, Dana would do a 360 and be all over his jock, ols.

I did not know Dana actually did make the offer to Kimbo for appearing on TUF. I actually suggested this a few pages back in this thread. Dana probably got the idea from me. ;)

Anyway, I agree that Kimbo would be financially dumb to accept this offer but if he's as serious as he claims (there's no reason to disbelieve him) about making a career of MMA, he should take the offer.

Edit- Although at his age he may not have the prime fitness years to make the UFC work for him, so... maybe not? Oh hell, I'm flailing.

Edited by Chachie

Fabers fighting wednesday Nov. 5th, love watching him fight, plus Pulvers also on the card so its a great free b-day present for me. Will be on versus and starts at 8, its here locally too in tampa but no way I can make it.

the Fihlo/Sonnen rematch is also on that card, should be a good fight card. WEC tends to put on great fights even when the big names are absent.