Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I am with you all on the Faber fight. Mike Brown is a good fighter and Faber gave him an opening. He knocked him completely off of his feet, pretty impressive considering all of his momentum was going in the opposite direction.

I am still puzzled by the Filho fight. Paulo looked completely out of it. I know it was not a title fight, but for christ's sake, you are undefeated. Do you not care about keeping that streak alive?

I know he has had plenty of battles with drugs in the past. Maybe (and I hope not) those battles have returned. It was an odd fight and certainly not what you want when you are about to move over to the UFC.

I'm late to the Faber fight but you guys are right. He got sloppy. It looked like he didn't respect Mike Brown's standup too much and he paid for it. Congrats to Mike Brown.

I think Faber believed his own hype too much with that "matrix" crap. He tried a jump kick when Brown had his foot and then he tried that slow ass elbow and got rocked. He got caught right dead on the chin and that knocked him stupid.

I like Faber but he needs to get back to basics and stop trying to be so creative. :2cents:

I just watched the fight. Made sure I didn't read anything about it. Found out my DVR only taped from 9-10, so I missed the Pulver fight.

I knew Mike Brown would be tough for Faber but he really took it to him. And yeah, a little too wild out there with the elbow and a perfect punch by Brown put him down. Good stuff, can't wait for a rematch. Faber will probably tone it down a bit in that fight.

Faber will probably tone it down a bit in that fight.

I just hope he is a little more focused. He was intense just before the Pulver fight, but he did not have the same attitude this time around. Right before the bell rang, he was pointing to people in the crowd. Then he got his bell rung.

I know he is a he is a fun-loving, light-hearted guy, and that is why a lot of people are fans of his. But when you are about to enter the cage, it is time to focus on the task at hand IMHO.

I would put my $$$ on Randy too. We also haven't seen Brock's chin tested. No one has even hit him in the face yet, I'm hoping Randy changes that.

Laugh all you want, I know my friends do when I tell them, but Lesnar's chin has been tested by multiple chair shots in his pro wrestling days.

Lesnar will be too quick, big, and strong for Randy. His is also a cardio machine as noted in his Iron man matches with Kurt Angle.

I don't bet my sig, but I'll put some PBR at Winston's on it, Mike.

Laugh all you want, I know my friends do when I tell them, but Lesnar's chin has been tested by multiple chair shots in his pro wrestling days.

Lesnar will be too quick, big, and strong for Randy. His is also a cardio machine as noted in his Iron man matches with Kurt Angle.

I don't bet my sig, but I'll put some PBR at Winston's on it, Mike.

oh, you're on!!

he gassed out against Herring and just laid on him. If he thinks he can get away with that sloppy ass wrassling against Coutore you are sorely mistaken!!

All I have to say is that the Couture/Lesnar bout had better be awesome because the last UFC and WEC have been a little weak.

I thought the fights last night were great with the exception of the Paulo "Freakshow" Filho. Sonnen deserves a little blame for that one as well. And what was up with the annoouncers saying they need to have a rematch with the title on the line? Wasn't that the last middleweight fight ever for the WEC?

Faber has reached the point were he deserves an automatic rematch. That should be good.

That gives Garcia time to win one more good fight before challenging for the title.

oh, you're on!!

he gassed out against Herring and just laid on him. If he thinks he can get away with that sloppy ass wrassling against Coutore you are sorely mistaken!!

he didn't gas at all against Herring. he was comfortable with position and got the decision. by all accounts, he has a Sherk like work ethic when it comes to training.

His cardio is the least of his problems

oh, you're on!!

I don't think he gassed at all. He was just having his way with Herring, and was being a little too cautious. He couldn't have been that tired. He went bull riding right after the fight. :)

Randy is only dangerous with boxing and GnP. He has no submission skills. Lesnar on the other hand is up to a Blue Belt in BJJ skills according to his camp (take it for what it is worth).