Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I've always looked at EliteXC as a red-headed stepchild, they just weren't as good as UFC, and the whole Kimbo Slice thing was a mockery. Regardless you all are right, Dana White needs to set up a women's division so we can see Carano vs. Cyborg.
I hope so. I want more Carano!

I would like to take this opportunity to say farewell to my boy, Patrick Cote as tonight he will get beaten down. :( sad to say, but I believe it to be the truth.

Of course, if he pulls off a serra, i will cheer like a maniac and eat all kinds of crow!

imagine tho, 2 belts being held by my hometown boys. I can only wish.

enjoy the fights everyone!

and btw, am i the only one who would prefer seeing sanchez fight alves?

So nobody's laid out their predictions for UFC 90? Dayum.

Burkman vs. Sell: I like Pete sell for his down to earth, tough guy personality. I hope he wins tonight. I got nothing against Burkman but I'd just like to see someone knock him out. I think he's a more complete fighter than Sell, but I'm hoping Pete catches him.

Pete Sell in the late 2nd round.

Griffin vs. Sherk: Sherk will get out-Sherked. Griffin's got a battery to keep up with Sean and is a better grappler.

Tyson Griffin by UD.

Maynard vs. Clementi: I haven't seen Clementi in a while. My knee-jerk reaction is to say Rich has to much experience for Gray but I like Maynard's work ethic too. Toss-up here IMHO, but WTF..

Gray Maynard gets a choke locked in round 3.

Koscheck vs. Alves: What an interesting matchup. Due to Diego Sanchez' injury, Thiago had to change up his game plan for this fight, no doubt. Josh's standup has gotten better so that should help him against Alves' dynamic knees and kicks. Alves will have to be careful with those though because Kos will take him down. Tough fight to call. If I hadn't seen what Thiago did in his last fight I'd call Josh flat out but now I know Thiago can strike hard from nowhere.

Josh will keep it on the mat. A sub wouldn't shock me but I think it'll go the distance. Kos by UD.

And then of course there's the Silva fight. C'mooon.

So nobody's laid out their predictions for UFC 90? Dayum.

Aiiight.

Burkman vs. Sell: I think this is the last we see of Sell. Burkman is the btter all around fighter. He will have a good gameplan.

Burkman by decision

Griffin vs. Sherk: Griffin will get out-Griffined. Sherk's got a battery to keep up with Tyson and is a better grappler.

Sean Sherk by UD.

Maynard vs. Clementi:Clementi has gotten a lot better and keeps on winning when I pick against him. I don't think he does it again. Maynard has a huge upside. I see him winning a lot of fights in the UFC.

Gray Maynard by decision.

Koscheck vs. Alves: I can't wait for this one. It is almost a coin-flip for me. I think Kos will be winning on points for the whole fight but might eventually get caught. Kos' striking has gotten better each time out. He may surprise Alves with that. I don't see him finishing Alves though.

Kos by UD.

Cote's only chance is to throw his balls in front of a Silva kick and hope for a DQ.

Cote's only chance is to throw his balls in front of a Silva kick and hope for a DQ.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

my UFC 90 picks:

Rich Clementi vs. Gray Maynard: Maynard is a huge LW, Rich will not be able to stop him from taking him down. i see a bunch of repeated takedowns and Maynard winning a decision.

Gray Maynard by Unanimous Decision

Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior Dos Santos: Santos trains with Team Blackhous with the likes of Big Nog & Anderson Silva, unfortunately they can't fight for him. he is essentially a sacrificial lamb. Werdum got kinda screwed in the title picture, and he needs to not only win but to look impressive so that he isn't pushed back any more

Werdum by Submission, 1st Round

Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk: Griffin is basically a young version of Sherk. they are both similar in style and abilities. Unfortunately for Griffin, everything he's good at, Sherk is a just a bit better. Sherk will take him down pass his guard and land just enough punches not to get the fight stopped

Sherk by Unanimous Decision

Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck: on the feet Alves is deadly with the kicks & knees, i would give Koscheck the slight advantage in terms of hands. Alves showed good takedown D against an aging Hughes, but Koscheck is a better wrestler than Hughes, and much more explosive. if Koscheck can avoid the knees as he goes in the for the shot, he should be able to control Alves and stop him in the 3rd when Alves is gassing.

Koscheck by TKO, 3rd Round

Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote: Cote has the obligatory puncher's chance and that is all. if it stays standing, Cote "might" have a power edge, but Anderson is far more technical and proficient in all areas of standing, not just the hands. If it goes to the ground, Anderson is a legit black belt, while Cote has only shown a limited submission defense. bottom line is Cote beating Anderson would be just as big an upset as Serra beating GSP. i think Anderson is too focused, and is very good at creating a gameplan to lose to Cote.

Anderson Silva by TKO, 1st Round

edit: not feeling real comfortable about the Werdum pick, he looked like a fat ass at the weigh-ins. easily 20-30lbs of extra fat on him since his last fight with Vera

Edited by StillUnknown