Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

35 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachEdmund/status/815271957897809921

Cyborg was offered the 145 title bout with Holm but she turned it down because she said she was recovering for the weight cut from 140. She was flagged for a possible USADA violation. She not fighting any time soon. 

Valentina beat Nunes in the 3rd round. Nunes hasn't proven she doesn't gas. I think my girl Valentina beats her. 

Yeah I think Nunes has stepped up her game for sure since moving to ATT, but I still want to see what she looks like in there against someone who can actually stand and bang with her. I've learned my lesson way too many times in MMA to pump the brakes every time someone in Zuffa claims said champion or winner to be the new this or that.  if anything I think the destruction of Tate and Rousey kind of exposed just how lost and helpless most of the women will be in there against opponents who are legitimate boxers and/or strikers. Sort of like they were lost against Rousey's Judo. I was a little more surprised with how little Rousey had because at least she does have an elite skill to bring to the table unlike someone like Tate who is good at a lot of things but she isn't elite at anything.  I know Tate beat Holm, but that was more due to Holm making a mistake and giving her back. Up until then she was being beaten up.  Women's MMA is still in such an infancy that it feels like watching the men from 20 years ago when you can look like a world-beater for a stretch of fights based on one aspect of your game being super elite.

Edited by NoCalMike

Here's the thing, Ronda drew numbers because she's attractive. Cyborg has been destroying female fighters for years and can't sell tickets at all. PVZ is another one who they tried to turn into a star because of how attractive she is. It's sad that it's that way but it is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Here's the thing, Ronda drew numbers because she's attractive. Cyborg has been destroying female fighters for years and can't sell tickets at all. PVZ is another one who they tried to turn into a star because of how attractive she is. It's sad that it's that way but it is. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Michelle waterson should get a push. Much cutter than PVZ imo. 

PVZ is ok, but she was just pushed too hard too soon. It's not like she isn't winning fights or anything, but yeah she definitely has a bigger spotlight because she is "marketable"  She ran into an opponent who's skillset is much deeper, but it's not like she hadn't been winning any fights. She deserved getting a shot at the  next level of competition and now showed that she needs to work on her skills more.

With Cyborg, I think her issue is that she is just bigger than most of these ladies and she can't make 135lbs, and the 135lb women know it is not in their best interest to just add 10lbs in the gym to fight Cyborg.  If there was a division full of 145lb females I think she would have been a star in UFC already.  Supposedly she just got popped again for some kind of PED use, likely some kind of dietetic for losing weight, so who knows what her status is anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why does Khabib want Ferguson so badly? He is clearly the #1 contender at 155, why fight Ferguson who is ranked behind him?  

As for other divisions, the only other stacked division at the moment is 170 with Thompson itching for a rematch after his draw and  Lawler, Maia & Cerrone all knocking on the door for a title shot.  Oh, and some Irish 155'er wants a shot at the 170 belt too. 

185 just seems to be stacked with Bisping at the top, and while there are some nice up & comers, after the Bisping Romero fight we all expect who's next after a Rockhold/Souza contender match?

205 is in the perpetual loop of DC vs Bones scheduled, then cancelled due to injury or drug suspension. I bet DC waits for Bones instead of fighting AJ & this whole thing cycles again. 

Stipe should fight Werdum, but a 1 dimensional Derrieck Lewis and a raw big French dude-Garmoun? - are the only new contenders. 

125 the UFC screwed up so much I would not be surprised if they folded the belt after Mighty Mouse retires or moves up after beating Silva's title defences record. 

135 we wait for Cody vs TJ & 145 is suppose to be Aldo Holloway while Edgar continues to eat rocks & like it. 

Womens 135 has a #1 contender fight on Fox soon & I think Rose vs Karate Hottie for 115 #1 wouldn't be a bad idea. 

I hope some some new contenders pop up in some of those thin divisions by the end of the year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-01-02 at 5:58 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He wants the title fight. Conor is not fighting any time soon so he is trying to get rid of any contenders so when Conor comes back they can't deny him the title shot. 

hats off to khabib. 

Guess so, him & Ferguson for yet another Interim Belt. 

& Anderson Silva vs Derek Brunson at UFC 208. Spider-the king of counters & drawing charges- vs. A wild charging, off-balance punch-throwing Brunson; YES PLEASE!?

Wtf was that submission in that prelim fight? Like a head and arm choke from the bottom. Never seen that before. 

Just looked it up. Ezekiel choke. But he did it from the bottom, fully mounted. Pretty crazy. 

Edited by STBonecrusher21

3 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Wtf was that submission in that prelim fight? Like a head and arm choke from the bottom. Never seen that before. 

Just looked it up. Ezekiel choke. But he did it from the bottom, fully mounted. Pretty crazy. 

yeah if you getting choked out with that without a gi, you probably shouldn't be in the UFC