Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Nate can't see.  That might be the break McGregor needs to get back in this. 

2 rounds each, the troll battle goes to the 5th and final round! 

That's almost exactly how I predicted it playing out in the 4th

I was close.....figured Nate wouldn't be able to see well enough to keep fighting.....

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

McGregor by Doctor Stoppage, 4th Round

Rumble. Yea. Who isn't picking Rumble to KO in every fight except vs a Cormier or Jones ?

Garbrandt KO's Mazagaki 2nd Round.....and calls out Cruz again.

My score, Nate wins 3 rounds to 2.  But Nate isn't going looking pretty for a while.  Looks like he spent the night fighting the evil dead. 

edit:  I disagree with the decision.  Even if you credit McGregor with the damage done, he spent a lot of time simply walking away to breath.  That has to factor into a fight where the judges are supposed to credit control and aggression.  Conor had several moment in that fight where he literally ran away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The cut man cost Nate that fight. He couldn't see after he took Control in the 3rd and Connor won it. 

Dude Conor ran from him for half the fight lol. Nate won the fight but the only way he was going to get out of here with a W was by sub or stoppage. 

• Like 1

I don't see how a meaningless takedown with 15 seconds matter when Connor defended 3 times prior when it might have mattered. Hell, Connor knocked him on his seat 4 times. Outclassed him and if it goes to decision it goes to the more skilled fighter. Diaz had to knock him out to win after the display Connor put on with the leg kicks and precision punching. Diaz' only ability was his durability.

6 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I don't see how a meaningless takedown with 15 seconds matter when Connor defended 3 times prior when it might have mattered. Hell, Connor knocked him on his seat 4 times. Outclassed him and if it goes to decision it goes to the more skilled fighter. Diaz had to knock him out to win after the display Connor put on with the leg kicks and precision punching. Diaz' only ability was his durability.

But it was 2 rounds to 2. Connor didn't really do anything that final round. Nate initiated the clinch and pinned him against the cage most of the round, then took him down. It was Nate's octagon control + the meaningless take down, vs Connor's nothing at all that 5th round.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

I gave Diaz 2, 3, & 5....but 2 was close enough to go either way. A 3rd fight would be fun but I'd be just as glad to see each guy go on their merry way with their careers.

If there is one big criticism of the Diaz bros I have, it's that sometimes they seem to fight on cruise control, almost willing to lose rounds because of it. 

5 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

What? Conor gassed after the first round and then spent the rest of the fight running away. Diaz was out striking him and Conor barely managed to hang on. 

And with that said, enough with this bull****. Make Conor defend his goddamn belt already. If this is what Nate does to him imagine what Aldo will do if he doesn't fight like an idiot like last time...

Connor landed every kick and punch in 5th. I don't think pinning someone to a cage is impressive to win. The fact Connor defended the takedown 3 times prior to me won the fight. Connor was the more skilled fighter, hard to argue that. If you let a skilled fighter got to the judges, so be it. Diaz really only showed durability, his size and stamina were the only real talent he showed. Reason he has 11 losses, not a very good fighter. 

For the record, I go 1-2-4 for Connor. While 5 was wholly unimpressive, hardly enough to make me think Diaz won it. 

Edited by Bonez3

2 could've went either way.....I would rather of been Diaz since it seemed he was taking over. But Connor is the $$. Good for biz, run it back at 155.

Btw.. 'Aldo fighting like an idiot'?? He got countered and stopped in 13 seconds. To paraphrase Carl 'the Truth' , he "didn't even get a chance to show

his stuff".  Connor vs Georges will break the bank.