Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Maia is such a throwback.  He is a great reminder of what being a true master at BJJ is all about.  He just went through Condit like he was absolutely nothing.  If you didn't know who Condit was, you'd think Maia was fighting someone making their Octagon debut.

This popped up on recommended on YouTube while I was looking up basketball highlights, no idea why.  Basketball to street fight?  (What are you trying to imply YouTube?!)  Anyway I clicked because I'm bored and I the title promised me MMA taking place out in the wild.  The wilds of privileged suburban park, where danger wears white sneakers in the grass without even thinking twice. 

I'm sharing this because after watching it I have a question.  Is this staged?  

I ask because one of these bros is ruthless and goes in with down ward head-butts and eye gouging.  The other guy busts out a sweet triangle and then magic happens... we go from dirty fight to hand shakes in an instant.  I've seen a lot of fights end in hand shakes, I am a man after all and that is one of our super powers.  I have never seen someone not get mad, and be downright forgiving, when the other guy tries to poke his eyes out.  That's new. 

I just looked up the past opponents of Mickey Gall, both of them.  They have a combined pro record of 0-2 and an amateur record of 2-3 (according to sherdog).  I'm impressed. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he beat CM Punk though.  37 years old is late in the game to make a debut.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

In retrospective it's sad how long it took Couture to win. 

What?  Never heard someone say that it was sad how long it took for him to win.  He stayed out of range, picked his ankle, gained mount, dropped fists on him, then choked him out.  Went about as expected, which was quick and perfect.  Sure, he could've probably subbed him faster, but he also probably wanted to whoop up on him a lil bit.