Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

TJ looked great.  That last exchange was fun to watch, but it was so clear Barao was just done.

Looks like it's time for Rousey v. Tate 3.  Assuming Rousey wins next Saturday, that is.

Of course, I imagine the bigger threat to Rousey is Cyborg throwing some jeer from the sidelines and Rousey doing something that gets her in trouble than Correia.  She can't take Bethe for granted, certainly, but I don't think that'll be an issue after Bethe's boneheaded suicide comment.  Rousey is build to destroy people at 135, and you just pissed her off.  If I were a betting man, I'd skip betting on who wins, and rather bet on whether Rousey just snaps Correia's arm like a twig before she can tap.

Shame Eye couldn't pull it off, would have been nice to get Correia, Eye, Zingano 2, and THEN Tate 3, in that order, instead of Tate 3 this early, but at the same time, Tate is the only one at 135 who's lasted more than 1 round.  If she can get us a PPV fight that lasts more seconds than dollars spent to see it, it'll be worth it, even if she loses.

That's the thing.

People should know by now, that a Rousey fight is not worrth paying any money for.

unless its a stacked card, I'm not paying to see her fight anyone not named Cyborg.

UFC 190 is Fight Night Level

best fight on the card is Aguilar/Gadehla, which should give us the next challenger to Lady Joanna. I love everything about Lady Joanna, but people forget how razor thin her fight with Gadehla was.

Edited by StillUnknown

Why do we need to see Rousey-Tate 3? Just put her against Cyborg and get it over with. There isn't anyone left besides Cyborg who can challenge her.

Well,  she was 144.6 for Invicta FC 13, so Cyborg needs to drop 10 pounds still. 

And she probably can't.  She juiced to her eyeballs for years until 2011.  She's 145 when she loses all the weight she possibly can.

Not to mention, in her previous agreements (which she back out of) Cyborg said she'd fight through 2 and then 1 contender before fighting Rousey.  Now Tate v. Cyborg and Zingano v. Cyborg would be really good fights too.  Would love those.

Because anything but Cyborg vs Rousey is a waste of time. Nobody else has a chance of beating her. The UFC can try and sell these silly fights all they want but she is so much better than any of the other fighters that trying to sell it is a joke.

Because anything but Cyborg vs Rousey is a waste of time. Nobody else has a chance of beating her. The UFC can try and sell these silly fights all they want but she is so much better than any of the other fighters that trying to sell it is a joke.

More than likely, true that.  One exception might be Zingano 2.  The first one was weird with how Zingano rushed in.  Not that it'll likely make much of a difference if she takes things slower.

Holly Holm will probably end up fighting Rousey soon, that poor lady.  She's had 2 UFC fights (Correia has 3) and is undefeated in her MMA career (against cans, but still undefeated, exactly like Correia).

But yeah, we're gonna have to wait a while for Cyborg, IF Cyborg ever happens.

As for dream matchups that require a change in weight, and that may not ever happen - I would love to see Dillashaw & McGregor in a striking frenzy

Another thought. Barao hit TJ clean few times and TJ showed a good chin. It makes me wonder how hard John Dodson hits. He cracked Dillashaw and followed up fast enough to get the ref to step in.

Another thought. Barao hit TJ clean few times and TJ showed a good chin. It makes me wonder how hard John Dodson hits. He cracked Dillashaw and followed up fast enough to get the ref to step in.

John Dodson had Mighty Mouse hurt pretty bad too if I remember correctly...

Then again, it's coming from Rogan, Mister Hype Train, himself.

I agree of course, that Rousey will demolish Correia, but now they're just reaching at every desperate attempt to get people to buy the fight.

As if it wasn't enough to hype up the fight, by having Ronda promise it won't last 14 seconds this time, but that she'll prolong it several rounds of punishment, lol

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Damn, Shields vs. Harris may be the lone Shields matchup that ever interests me. Can he avoid the leg disintegrator? Will Harris pack it in if he doesn't break Shield's leg off and eat it within 3 attempts? I think Shields will end up mounting a dejected Harris by the 2nd round, and the ref will stop it due to Shield's lack of punching power being too embarrassing to watch.

• Like 1