Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tucker Carlson

PennState11

First time I'd seen that whole clip. To be honest, Stewart seemed like a complete idiot. Something like a rock star who's used to his words having influence, but, who is so inarticulate and seemingly high when others who are neither don't get him, he gets angry. If that was the hero stuff made of Stewart I've heard so much about, something's wrong with people.

First time I'd seen that whole clip. To be honest, Stewart seemed like a complete idiot. Something like a rock star who's used to his words having influence, but, who is so inarticulate and seemingly high when others who are neither don't get him, he gets angry. If that was the hero stuff made of Stewart I've heard so much about, something's wrong with people.

Stewart's a jackass. Why do think his show is on the COMEDY channel. It's scary to think that some people's only news source is from this clown.

Why did he look like an idiot....because he called out the Crossfire folks for not asking the tough questions? They don't. Stewart was right on the money.

Stewart's a jackass. Why do think his show is on the COMEDY channel. It's scary to think that some people's only news source is from this clown.

Kinda like those people (you) who get all their information from the drudge report...:rolleyes:

Anyone who gets all their info from "The Daily Show" is retarded....

Why did he look like an idiot....because he called out the Crossfire folks for not asking the tough questions? They don't. Stewart was right on the money.

He looked like an idiot because he didn't know what he was even trying to say. While it looked like he was trying to be amusing, it was interesting. When it was obvious he was serious, it got frightening how inarticulate he was. He didn't get on Crossfire for not asking the tough questions. He got on them apparently for being a debate show with a person who believes one thing and another who believes another, suggesting they only argued based on partisanship rather than viewpoint.

It was totally inane. A debate often requires believers on each side. Else, there's no debate. I was surprised at just how out of it he seemed to be. I don't watch him on CC, so, maybe that's his routine and I just missed it, but, it sure looked like he was a pretty dumb guy trying to sound intelligent and failed miserably.

Stewart is a funny guy on the Daily Show. Definately on the left, but he's still funny. He is a comedian, not a analyst.

Why do people hate Tucker Carlson? For one, he has Max Kellerman on his show all the time. Max was the bomb on Around the Horn. I've been listening to talk radio this week and guys like Mike Gallager, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage..... save your hate for them. They are spewing nothing but right wing everything. Guys like Tucker Carlson and Bill O'Reilly have more conservative views, but they aren't just mouthpeices for a political party.

BTW, I saw Joe Scarborough (sp) and he was nothing more than a puppet for the democrats. It all goes around.

That was not Stewert's "A" game by a long shot but part of the ackwardness was created by the fact that these guys don't like each other and the questions were dumb. OTOH, I happen to agree with Stewert that Tucker is a pinhead.

Also, Stewert made some good points:

The guy in the election who knows he can't win can speak freely whereas the guy who can actually compete has to keep his true thoughts to himself because the out-of-context soundbite media (crossfire, AM radio, FOX news) will jump on your every word and twist it however they choose.

Argumentative political shows are counter-productive. Stewert said it's "hurting America" and I agree. Discussion/fact-finding oriented shows like "hard ball" and "meet the press" are good. I think Chris Mathews on FOX news is respectable but most others are not. Somehow we got to the point where Americans hate to discuss their political views-I blame it on the argumentative types. Shows like crossfire are divisive to us as a country. It's lame when Americans call other Americans "unAmerican" for having opposing poilitical beliefs, and even more lame when media outlets lead us to argue through their pathetic example. On cable news often there are people screaming at each other and pointing fingers at the camera. Again, it's counter-productive.

Partisan hacks suck. More news shows should be hosted by people who are not partisan hacks. In this regard, America is going backwards.

Stewert basically said Comedy central is not a news channel. Right wing hacks like Nelms like to pretend others get their news from Comedy central (false) and therefor Comedy Central is bound to the rules of journalistic integrity. They do not, and they are not. Nobody gets their news from Stewert, and if they did, they would be going against everything Stewert says. Many people do enjoy laughing at Stewert's highlights from the news but they are just cherry-picked examples of irony-not at all intended as comprehensive news coverage.

Carlson keeps trying to compare Crossfire with comedy central. Sad.

Stewert says some in the media don't hold politician's feet to the fire. I agree. Some Politicians go on show after show and never answer a question (George Allen) they wait for the first question to be asked and then launch into their prepared talking points.

Again, if you watch Stewert's show, he does not criticise the respectable news shows, he only rips on the argumentative, divisive, partisan hack, entertainment news shows-the very shows that are attempting to divide America into two distinct sects-red staters and blue staters. Stewert's overall point, that they are hurting America with their divisive attitudes, is correct IMO.

The problem I have is Stewart's attitude.He's a parady show.No different than the skit on SNL.But they are not as smug as him.He was on Larry Kinmg last year and came off as a total nutjob.I hope Dave Chappelle returns and kills him in the CC ratings.

He looked like an idiot because he didn't know what he was even trying to say. While it looked like he was trying to be amusing, it was interesting. When it was obvious he was serious, it got frightening how inarticulate he was. He didn't get on Crossfire for not asking the tough questions. He got on them apparently for being a debate show with a person who believes one thing and another who believes another, suggesting they only argued based on partisanship rather than viewpoint.

It was totally inane. A debate often requires believers on each side. Else, there's no debate. I was surprised at just how out of it he seemed to be. I don't watch him on CC, so, maybe that's his routine and I just missed it, but, it sure looked like he was a pretty dumb guy trying to sound intelligent and failed miserably.

I think his point was pretty obvious Art - I'm suprised you didn't get it. Shows like Crossfire have the opportunity to examine issues and seek possible solutions and compromises, and perhaps do some good. But they don't bother. Instead, Crossfire seeks a conflict on an issue and let two people who have already made up their minds yell at each other, and they do no good at all.

"STEWART: I would love to see a debate show.

BEGALA: We're 30 minutes in a 24-hour day where we have each side on, as best we can get them, and have them fight it out.

STEWART: No, no, no, no, that would be great. To do a debate would be great. But that's like saying pro wrestling is a show about athletic competition.... the thing is that this -- you're doing theater, when you should be doing debate, which would be great. "

I also think that part of Stewart's lack of clarity in this particular clip was due to Carlson refusing to acknowledge what he was saying.

"STEWART: It's not honest. What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery. And I will tell you why I know it.

CARLSON: You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?

STEWART: Absolutely.

CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...

STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: What is wrong with you?

CARLSON: Well, I'm just saying, there's no reason for you -- when you have this marvelous opportunity not to be the guy's butt boy, to go ahead and be his butt boy. Come on. It's embarrassing.

STEWART: I was absolutely his butt boy. I was so far -- you would not believe what he ate two weeks ago.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: You know, the interesting thing I have is, you have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably.

CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.

STEWART: You need to go to one. The thing that I want to say is, when you have people on for just knee-jerk, reactionary talk...

CARLSON: Wait. I thought you were going to be funny. Come on. Be funny.

STEWART: No. No. I'm not going to be your monkey.

Stewart was making an important point about the level of public discourse in this country, the "Ann Coulter-ization" or "Michael Moore-ization" of the debate. And Carlson did not want to hear it, and did his best to obscure the point.

STEWART: I watch your show every day. And it kills me.

CARLSON: I can tell you love it.

STEWART: It's so -- oh, it's so painful to watch.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: You know, because we need what you do. This is such a great opportunity you have here to a actually get politicians off of their marketing and strategy.

CARLSON: Is this really Jon Stewart? What is this, anyway?

STEWART: Yes, it's someone who watches your show and cannot take it anymore.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: I just can't.

CARLSON: What's it like to have dinner with you? It must be excruciating. Do you like lecture people like this or

do you come over to their house and sit and lecture them; they're not doing the right thing, that they're missing their opportunities, evading their responsibilities?

STEWART: If I think they are.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: I wouldn't want to eat with you, man. That's horrible.

STEWART: I know. And you won't. But the thing I want to get to...

BEGALA: We did promise naked pictures of the Supreme Court justices.

CARLSON: Yes, we did. Let's get to those.

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: They're in this book, which is a very funny book.

STEWART: Why can't we just talk -- please, I beg of you guys, please.

CARLSON: I think you watch too much CROSSFIRE.

We're going to take a quick break.

STEWART: No, no, no, please.

CARLSON: No, no, hold on. We've got commercials.

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: Please. Please stop.

CARLSON: Next, Jon Stewart in the "Rapid Fire."

STEWART: Please stop.

CARLSON: Hopefully, he'll be here, we hope, we think.

(APPLAUSE)

Crossfire could be great. It could have two heavyweights from different sides of the aisle actually discussing the merits and consequences of the immigration bill, and how it might be modified or improved, and so forth. Instead, it has two people zinging talking points and one liner personal attacks back and forth, while being egged on by "score-keeper" hacks like Tucker Carlson.

So, in sum, I'd like to punch Tucker Carlson in the fact too.

Stewart is a funny guy on the Daily Show. Definately on the left, but he's still funny. He is a comedian, not a analyst.

Why do people hate Tucker Carlson? For one, he has Max Kellerman on his show all the time. Max was the bomb on Around the Horn. I've been listening to talk radio this week and guys like Mike Gallager, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage..... save your hate for them. They are spewing nothing but right wing everything. Guys like Tucker Carlson and Bill O'Reilly have more conservative views, but they aren't just mouthpeices for a political party.

BTW, I saw Joe Scarborough (sp) and he was nothing more than a puppet for the democrats. It all goes around.

I was reading your post and I totally disagree with what you are saying about O'Reilly and Carlson. O'Reilly basically works for the Bush administration. I can't believe you buy into his claims of being independant. O'Reilly campaigned for Bush on his show everyday leading up to the 2004 election.

Your misguided opinion is confirmed by what you say about Scarborough. No doubt you are saying this because you mistakenly think MSNBC is a partisan left wing channel-and you have been lead to this belief by people who are deliberately manipulating you for their own political and ratings gain. Scarborough is a staunch Republican. He was a Republican congressman. Kinda blows the liberal media theory out of the water now doesn't it?

Tucker Carlson reminds me of a lot of the guys that were in Beta Theta Pi: liked to wear pink and/or as WASPy clothing as possible, condescend, and remind people of their wealth.

I don't find him compelling or his viewpoints interesting or thought provoking. He's just kind of lame.

Tucker Carlson reminds me of a lot of the guys that were in Beta Theta Pi: liked to wear pink and/or as WASPy clothing as possible, condescend, and remind people of their wealth.

I don't find him compelling or his viewpoints interesting or thought provoking. He's just kind of lame.

what he said. :applause:

(but I'd also like to go on record that Jon Stewart is a putz too. He consistently strattles the fence b/w comedy/satire and actual political commentary. But when someone calls him on it, he hides behind his vail of satire. "It was just a joke" :rolleyes: He is a pathetic human being. At least be a man about what you believe :2cents: )

Agree, you don't "get" him. His show on CC is a lot better. What I like about his interview style is that he gives it to everyone, regardless of the political party; although he was going a lot harder on the GOP up until the last presidential election when he realized that the dems just don't want to win.

It is humor and it's completely subjective. The crossfire appearance was great because he WASN'T funny, and he shouldn't be, it was a show about politics.

I typically vote left, but I thought Stewart was out of line during his Crossfire appearance. It was clear to me that he went on the show with the intention of picking a fight, then lost his cool and called Tucker a dick on air. In my eyes, it was the equivalent of going into someone else's house and disrespecting them. :whoknows:

I wouldn't want to punch Tucker in the face if I saw him. I just think he's a doofus.

(but I'd also like to go on record that Jon Stewart is a putz too. He consistently strattles the fence b/w comedy/satire and actual political commentary. But when someone calls him on it, he hides behind his vail of satire. "It was just a joke" :rolleyes: He is a pathetic human being. At least be a man about what you believe :2cents: )

Zoony, I couldn't have said this better myself. :applause:

Archived