Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much does your life revolve around football?

Cdowwe

Id like to hear some good stories about how much your life revolves around football, especially during the season.

Do you plan your career around football, family outings, or something else.

The last thing I did that made me think my life revolved around football was turning down a pretty good job because there might be an occasional Sunday afternoon work session during the season.

Saturday's and sundays in the fall are spent watching football all day

Saturday catch the VT game and then whatever game is on after

Sunday its all Skins baby

My mother knows in the fall not to ask me to do anything on weekends, and I will re-arrange my schedule so that I don't miss any action

I won't go to a VT game unless the Skins game is at 4 or its a bye week or MNF game

Definitley becomes football heavy in the fall

Well....during the season us Hawaiian-residents have to get up balls early for the 1pm games (7am kickoff :(). So, I have to plan my Saturdays so I can get to bed sort of early, and I try not to get too drunk. On Mondays I have to be at the bar by 2:30pm to see the live broadcast of the game; eff watching a rebroadcast!! :)

Other than that...nothing I guess. Except that I'm constantly on ES. Does that count? :laugh:

My life is not ENTIRELY based on football but I want to get any chance that I could get to watch a game. I only caught the last 5 games last season including the playoffs (got upset after the loss against the SeaChickens). And this coming season I'll try to watch all of them. And yeah I think I will try getting a spot on some football team as a tight end just to see how I can do.

I have 5 sons, all playing football during the season. This past year, 2 were seniors in high school.

So, Thursday nights, my 10th graders JV game. Friday nights, my 2 seniors game. Saturday, my 7th grader and 1st graders games, and any college games I can catch on TV. Sundays, Redskins. Mondays, MNF.

This fall, my oldest boy will be at Salisbury, playing on Saturdays. My other boy will be on varsity, Friday night lights. My two youngest will still play Saturdays.

I am also president of the Football Boosters at their high school. I used to coach high school in Baltimores inner city, and 1 year at my kids high school. I also coached the boys in youth football.

Extremeskins fills in the rest.

Well the huge chunk of time that I used to spend training for football is now filled by coaching the varsity WR's/Qb's at Edison. Alot of coaches are inseason coaches and dont make their guys work in the offseason. So we do alot of hands drills and one on ones along with the weight room. Much to my girlfriends chagrin... almost every day is filled with football. If its not coaching, then its Extreme, if its not Extreme then its NFL live. :laugh: I give her a little break on Saturdays though because while i like college football I'm not a diehard fan of any team. On Sundays its a different ball game. She has since turned into a huge fan so I dont have to worry about it as much. I still get the "Baby, do we really have to watch the postgame? They are saying the same things over and over." :laugh:

One of my best wideouts is the brother of Willie Pile. He currently plays for the Dallas Cowboys. Alot of time is spent ribbing on him about the skins beating up on the boys...:laugh:

I have a rotating shift and I have worked out a deal with my boss so I don't work on ANY Sunday's or Monday's during the season. I also rescheduled my wedding and my honeymoon so I can catch all of the games. I also named my daughter Taylor. So, my life doesn't revolve areound the game too much :)

Self absorbed much? ;)

Self-absorbed would be if I talked about much this site owes me and the rest of the Staff for all the work we do. :) The avatar is just symbolic of how much time each of us puts in and how much of our lives we dedicate to football and football related issues. :)

even while in college, my day revolved around football. If there was a home game, I had to perform with the marching band, so early morning practice, as well as reporting early for the game. If no home game, then of course college football all day. Sundays, pro football all day starting at 11 with the hype shows. It's a wonder I even got hw done, I somehow got lucky and planned my work laden classes on tuesdays/thursdays so I have monday to recover work wise.

That's only the half of it though, my whole life just reminds me of football now, it's rediculous. I use football terms in normal life, such as "yeh I guess I'm a rookie" in regards to a temp job I started today or "I need to follow a lead blocker" when driving on an empty highway. I cringe whenever I see Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles gear. I also have NFL Network on for at least 2-3 hours a day, if not more. I always have football on the brain, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

my friends who arent football addicts hate me, cant go anywhere on game day and I mean anywhere. durring the week cause of fantasy I piss them off cause I jump on any pc I see connected to internet to read any details I can to plot any moves. I think its why I have more sever offseason withdraw than other people I know.

During the season my job and life revolve around the skins. I already have the 11th and 12th scheduled off.

My typical game preperation starts during the week. I check with the tailgate crew to see what we might need. Then on Saturday I go out and get beers, some hard stuff for the bar, then some snacks. Then on gameday I get up around 6 for a 1pm game. I go to 7-11 and get some ice, then come back and pack the cooler. Then the car must be decorated appropriatly. Then I check for tickets and parking passes and hit the road by at least 8. Get to the stadium and wait at the gate till they open it, then file in get a good space and unpack. Then help everyone else unpack and set up stuff. Then party like mad for about 3 hours. GAME TIME. You should see what the the real diehards schedule. :laugh:

Then come back out to the lot hang out discuss the game and wait for the lot to clear. Food is at a premium here. :) . The head home, get there about 8. Then fire up the DVR and watch the game again on TV while uploading pics from the tailgate.

Then repeat at least 10 time, hopefully more.

I wouldn't want it any other way!! I love it and look forward to it all year!!

"How much does your life revolve around football?"

According to my wife, way too much. :laugh:

I set my yearly schedule around football.

We do our vacations during the off season.

We do long weekend get-aways in the fall during the Skins bye week ONLY.

When we got married, I told her she can pick ANY month for the wedding, except during the football season.

We were married in June. :D

I turned down a job years ago because I would have to work on Sundays.

I am on ES and Redskin-Roadtrips.com just about EVERYDAY.

I have a Redskins room in my entire basement.

I go to just about every Redskins event in the area ie Beach Blitz, Redskins Reunion, training camp, to all the home games and atleast 1 away game a year.

No, my life does not revolve around football. :laugh:

Archived