Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor will not go jail--Accepts plea bargain

mhd24

Hopefully this will mean Taylor will keep out of trouble for 18 months. Anything else and he violates probation. Sometimes with someone like Taylor its good to have someone watching them, making sure they do the right thing.

Heres to him doing what he says, and a trouble next two years.

While no doubt this is great news, you guys are missing the important questions.

Who is Amy Shipley? Why wasn't this reported by Jason & Howard, the actual WP Redskins beat reporters?

Is she a sports writer or a news writer? Sometimes, editors give the "jocks behaving badly" stories to the legal reporter since the sports writer has no idea what is going on in a courtroom.

So for those of us who bought a Free Sean Taylor t-shirt, will we be given a Sean Taylor Freed!!! T-Shirt?

This is awesome!!! I'm so happy.

LOL. I'm still going to wear mine. No one here in CA knows who the hell Taylor is anyway. :)

This is awesome news. Taylor is going to be unstoppable next year!

:cheers:

:logo:

Mike Doss was suspended for two games, then had it reduced to one, after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of firing a gun in the air.

And you couldn't have given us this example the first time? :rolleyes:

OK, there was a gun involved (Doss). Sean pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and assault. No gun involved. Now match that with the two OLinemen from Chicago who were found guilty (internal investigation by the FBI) to the SAME kind of incident. It may of been between each other, but a fight is a fight.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9086387

SEAN TAYLOR!!!!!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

We Love You Sean "The Best Safety In All The Universe" Taylor :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy:notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy :applause:

He needs to take this as a wake up call from God. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a kid and thank his lucky stars that he is not going to trial. I refused to attack Taylor or label him as a thug before the conclusion of this situation, but now that this settlement has taken place and he will not see the inside of a jail cell, he needs to take this situation to heart and GROW UP fast.

And you couldn't have given us this example the first time?

I mentioned Mike Doss in my original post in this thread.

OK, there was a gun involved (Doss). Sean pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and assault. No gun involved.

Doss shot his gun in the air. Nobody else was involved. Nobody was hurt. It was simply a reckless act. And it proves that pleading no contest to a misdemeanor doesn't exempt a player from being suspended.

Now match that with the two OLinemen from Chicago who were found guilty (internal investigation by the FBI) to the SAME kind of incident. It may of been between each other, but a fight is a fight.

Miller and Kreutz never were charged with a crime, let alone pleaded no contest to one. Read the Conduct Policy -- being found guilty of or pleading no contest to a violent crime, or getting deferred adjudication, or entering a pretrial diversionary program makes you subject to a fine, suspension or banishment.

Great news!!! :applause: :applause:

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for Taylor and he will be a model Redskin from now on.

I don't think Taylor will be suspended for two misdemeanor charges. I think he will most likely be fined.

According to the NFL's Conduct Policy, pleading no contest automatically makes him subject to a fine, suspension or banishment -- whatever the commisioner finds appropriate. Players have been suspended in the past for pleading no contest to misdemeanor violent crimes, and Taylor most likely will be, too. I haven't found a single player who pleaded no contest to similar charges who WASN'T suspended for at least one game. The bottom line is that accepting a plea bargain does not keep a player from being suspended.

It is not as simple as that. You have to consider the circumstances and evidence. The NFL lawyers will look at the evidence and decide the credibility of the case.

Otherwise any idiot could accuse any NFL player of assault with a deadly weapon and the NFL would have to suspend him under your rational. Remember, the ONLY evidence the DA had was testimony of a convicted and recently arrested (again) criminal. Not exactly a reliable witness.

Look at Ray Lewis. People DIED. He was charged with MURDER. He plea bargained down and got NO SUSPENSION.

As I said....Taylor will get a fine....maybe a big one....but no suspension. No PROOF to warrant that he was guilty.

I mentioned Mike Doss in my original post in this thread.

Your right. Sorry, my mistake. I skimmed over it thinking it was part of the article. I take it back.:doh:

Miller and Kreutz never were charged with a crime, let alone pleaded no contest to one. Read the Conduct Policy -- being found guilty of or pleading no contest to a violent crime, or getting deferred adjudication, or entering a pretrial diversionary program makes you subject to a fine, suspension or banishment.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue fined Kreutz and Miller because the league's special conduct policy addresses off-field matters. It specifically prohibits conduct that endangers NFL employees and casts a negative light on the league and its players.

Employees Convicted of Violent Criminal Activity:

Any Covered Employee convicted of or admitting to prohibited conduct (including within the context of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement including but not limited to a plea to a lesser included offense or nolo contendre) will be subject to a fine or suspension without pay by the Commissioner. In the case of coaching or player employees, discipline also may include suspension from participation in preseason, regular season, and postseason games. Any Covered Employee convicted of or admitting to a second crime of violence will be suspended without pay or banished from the National Football League for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner.

Now, are you re-writing the policy?

It is not as simple as that. You have to consider the circumstances and evidence. The NFL lawyers will look at the evidence and decide the credibility of the case.

Otherwise any idiot could accuse any NFL player of assault with a deadly weapon and the NFL would have to suspend him under your rational. Remember, the ONLY evidence the DA had was testimony of a convicted and recently arrested (again) criminal. Not exactly a reliable witness.

Look at Ray Lewis. People DIED. He was charged with MURDER. He plea bargained down and got NO SUSPENSION.

As I said....Taylor will get a fine....maybe a big one....but no suspension. No PROOF to warrant that he was guilty.

This is correct, and why Taylor won't get suspended. The only way he gets suspended is if the NFL is extra hard on him b/c of some of the other stuff he's done, but I think even that is highly unlikely.

He needs to take this as a wake up call from God. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a kid and thank his lucky stars that he is not going to trial.

He actually should thank his lucky stars he didn't end up dead from the description of the incident I read.

It is not as simple as that. You have to consider the circumstances and evidence.

Agree...and good post. And "Tags" reserves the right to declare no further action is required. I'm not a lawyer, but is pleading No Lo Contender (spelling) indicative of guilt? Right now everyone is saying a bunch of stuff, but what is Tags' saying...Art, do you have an inside scoop to find out what Tags may say? No I don't expect an answer.

:munchout:

Whew. Thank god for that. Beyond our own desire for him to be able play for us next season, this is great news for him. The evidence was suspect at best, but juries and judges can do crazy things at trial. It would have really blown if he landed in jail over this stupid incident on the testimony of some real scum bags.

Archived