Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor will not go jail--Accepts plea bargain

mhd24

ST will be suspended for at least 1 game, this was a violent crime and just because he reached a plea deal doesn't constitute complete innocence which is what he needed to avoid a league suspension. Now its up to the commish, this could be his final league ruling before he rides into the sunset, or has he already?

I think I heard somewhere that Tags is a 'Skins fan. So I don't expect any league suspension. ;)

it's gonna be a sad day at cowboyszone.com, silly pokes thought he was going to jail:nana:

I think you would find very few at cz that thought he would get any jail time...

That's not the way it works for celebs and pro athletes...

Outstanding. It should have been thrown out outright, but this is about as good a deal as you can get. Plus by pleading no contest he doesn't leave himself as vulnerable to a civil suit. Although that's almost certainly the next shoe to drop.

Gulliver Prep...isn't that where OJ's daughter graduated? :)

Outstanding. It should have been thrown out outright, but this is about as good a deal as you can get. Plus by pleading no contest he doesn't leave himself as vulnerable to a civil suit. Although that's almost certainly the next shoe to drop.

Gulliver Prep...isn't that where OJ's daughter graduated? :)

I think so lol.

Here's my question. If Sean Taylor went to prep school, how did he ever come to be in the company of ghetto bangers and drug dealers? Its not like he didn't know any better.

That's good news for him and our Redskins of course. I hope no one jumps on me for this, but I believe that Sean needs to be assigned a mentor by Joe Gibbs and the coaching staff. Reason: he is still a young player with alot of money, and younger guys with status and money don't always make the best decisions. If he was older he'd know you have to work hard to avoid situations like that. So Gibbs should should get someone who he (Sean Taylor) looks up to and have that person take him under their wing. Because if Sean gets into another situation it may not have the same result. The guy is an awesome talent for the Redskins, and you don't always get a second chance. I don't know Taylor's upbringing, but if he came from a situation where he had to face situations like he did in Miami...just because he's rich now does not take that attitude and life stlye away from you. Like Deion Sanders said he was baciscally a "thug", and when he got to the NFL making awesome money that did not change his attitude or life style he said "he was just a thug with money". So I'm thrilled this worked out for him and the team, and hopefully as he matures he adopts one of Gibbs' policies of "Don't embarass the Redskins".

HAIL!!!!

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that Moss and Portis are trying to do this.

Clint

BAH!!!! The NFL woulda done something ALREADY!!! The NFL ain't gonna do a goddamn thing [period]. End of discussion.

If Sean doesn't break the law during his probation period this shniz is over, fini, done-done finito. That's it. THAT'S IT!!!

Now let's allow the man to continue destroying worlds...

The NFL is prohibited from doing anything until the legal process has run its course.

Taylor will probably get either a one-game suspension or some kind of massive fine.

Either are better than what could have happened.

While no doubt this is great news, you guys are missing the important questions.

Redskins' Taylor to Accept a Plea Deal

Felony Charges Will Be Dismissed

By Amy Shipley

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, June 1, 2006; Page E01

Who is Amy Shipley? Why wasn't this reported by Jason & Howard, the actual WP Redskins beat reporters?

That's good news for him and our Redskins of course. I hope no one jumps on me for this, but I believe that Sean needs to be assigned a mentor by Joe Gibbs and the coaching staff.

He has one: It's GW. He said it during Redskins Post Game Live Show after Wild Card win in Tampa.

:munchout:

Archived