Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor will not go jail--Accepts plea bargain

mhd24

Pending the final decision,( as stated above,) it appears there is an end in sight to this particular saga. Thank God. Good deal for all it seems. Now all we have to do is wait for this to be settled Thursday and then sometime next week or maybe even July for a thread to be started " What's up with the Taylor trial?" ;)

A witholding of a conviction basically means that as long as the defendant satisfies the conditions set forth by the judge, and remains crime-free for a certain period, no conviction will be entered on the criminal record. In Maryland, it's called a PBJ (Probation Before Judgment).

This was a superb plea deal. Two misdemeanor charges, no jail time, and a witholding of conviction. This was the best outcome for Taylor short of an outright dismissal or acquittal. :2cents:

Thanks for the clarification.

I too agree that this is an excellent outcome that could've only been outdone by a complete dismissal of all charges.

In these circumstances, why take the risk?

Before any of you think that its completely over, remember this is like "probation", so if he screws up in the state of florida, all these charges rear thier ugly head again.

You guys don't have to play the dolphins/tampa/jacksonville on the road this year do you? If so, i suggest locking ST in his hotel room until kickoff.

Before any of you think that its completely over, remember this is like "probation", so if he screws up in the state of florida, all these charges rear thier ugly head again.

You guys don't have to play the dolphins/tampa/jacksonville on the road this year do you? If so, i suggest locking ST in his hotel room until kickoff.

We play both Jacksonville and Tampa. I'm not sure whether they're home games or not. Either way, hopefully Sean has enough sense not to dabble in treacherous waters from here on out.

Guess that tells us why he wasn't at OTAs.

Personally, I'm a bit surprised. If he was going to do this, I would have thought he would have done it the first time it was offered. Or is this a better deal then before?

I think the first time they wanted him to accept no jail time, but the felony mark on his record. The felony mark would mean among other things a likely NFL suspension for 1-4 games.

Since its not a felony, does that mean he doesn't get suspended by the NFL?

that's great news!

i didn't see an answer to a very good question though......does pleasding guilty to some misdemeanors put taylor at risk of punishment by the nfl?

If ST has to miss the first game then Smoot should have to as well, didn't he plead guilty to a misdemeanor?

I pray he doesn't have to miss the Dallas game.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/unfairacts

according to this i think, if a player does something outside of the nfl it gives the right of the Commissioner to do as he pleases in regards to suspension.

I'd rather the Redskins voluntarily suspend him for the first game, then Tagliabue step in and suspend him for more.

Didn't Tre Johnson only have to sit for one game after hitting a ref (albeit unintentionally)?

HALLELUJAH!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! Sean Taylor is FREE!

As I've said before, if anyone doesn't think ST is a huge deal they weren't paying attention last year at the difference in our D when he was in or out of the lineup. He MAKES the D what it is, which is DOMINANT!

It has all fallen together as the great Joe Gibbs hath predicted many moons ago. The team is set, everybody is recovered/recovering from last season (e.g. Randy getting back, etc.); the new guys are in place, and now, the DIFFERENCE MAKER, ST himself, SEAN TAYLOR is ready to go and just focus on football. Can't wait for training camp!

Hail Hail HAIL!

I'd rather the Redskins voluntarily suspend him for the first game, then Tagliabue step in and suspend him for more.

Didn't Tre Johnson only have to sit for one game after hitting a ref (albeit unintentionally)?

Naw man hes innocent, hes suffered enough. He has to visit TEN intercity schools and give them a grand each. AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

but seriously the skins arent going to suspend him, the nfl better not either.

Archived