Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

So RAW in HD: 2 weeks :) :cool:

I don't get USA in HD yet though :( Even though it's listed on Comcast's website :mad:

I noticed if you go to the menu and choose HD channels, there are 20 or so HD channels that do not populate in that list, one of them being the USA network. I know the channels are different in Arlington than they are in So. Maryland, but I originally thought I did not get USa in HD as well. You may want to take a closer look through the full channel listings.

ESPNHD doesn't populate on their HD list either:doh:

TNA's problem(s)

Russo, Jarrett, stealing ROH talent and doing nothing with them, somehow signing all these WWE guys and immediately throwing them into the main event, that stupid six sided ring

In a way this whole situation reminds me of 1996. Here is WWE with their tired old gimmicks, turning people off. TNA (WCW) comes along and manages to steal their top guys, but almost turns into WWE Lite. All the while they are also stealing incredible talent from a much smaller, yet much better promotion in ROH (ECW).

TNA needs to use a real ring, go head to head, and get a killer angle before they can even think about getting anywhere near WWE.

I noticed if you go to the menu and choose HD channels, there are 20 or so HD channels that do not populate in that list, one of them being the USA network. I know the channels are different in Arlington than they are in So. Maryland, but I originally thought I did not get USa in HD as well. You may want to take a closer look through the full channel listings.

ESPNHD doesn't populate on their HD list either:doh:

Actually, it's odd. It's listed as 235 on Comcast.com, but I can't get 235 on my TV :whoknows:

I agree, that gimmick has been played out. But it's not like the WWE don't get cheesy.

Oh it does. I think wrestling will always have that cheesiness about it. Something about TNA though, just rubs me the wrong way. They have youth and talent....I guess they're just using it the wrong way. Kurt Angle seems like a little ***** on there, Christian I always saw as a mid card wrestler, and I really don't understand the hype of Samoa Joe. Add to that what somebody previously said about them throwing has-beens right in the thick of things making them main event draws at PPV's and it just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know how anyone can watch the current WWE if they remember how it was 7+ years ago. No offense to those who currently watch and enjoy it.

In terms of "in-ring product"/the "athleticism" aspect of wrestling, WWE (and the whole wrestling industry in general) is probably a whole lot better now, than it was in the "Attitude era". If you take a look at any credible wrestling sites like "The Observer", more matches in this era was more highly rated than the ones in the previous era.

We can't forget, that a main reason why so many people tuned in around that time, was because the promos of the Rock and Austin were actually selling the merch, putting butts in the seats, and getting the ratings, rather than the actual wrestling itself. Not to mention, there were a whole lot of casual fans back then, and wrestling fans in the internet community are so much "smarter" now, which will lead to a decline in the industry in general.

Anyone know any bars in Arlington showing the Rumble tomorrow.

Also, from Lordsofpain.net:

Vince McMahon has given his approval for a storyline involving incest. The angle would involve Ohio Valley Wrestling wrestlers Katie Lea and Paul Burchill. The angle would likely take place on either ECW or Raw, because there is some concern that it would get the wrong kind of heat if it were to take place on SmackDown -- which is on network television.

McMahon has wanted to do an incest angle for years. He once suggested that he be the father of his daughter Stephanie's baby. As revealed on the McMahon DVD, Stephanie turned down the angle. According to her, Vince was to reveal himself as the father of her baby; when she said no, he pushed for Shane to be the father, but he turned that idea down as well.

The incest idea was first batted around in 1999 where Ken Shamrock and Ryan Shamrock (his storyline sister) would end up as lovers. Ken nixed the idea and that was the beginning of the end of his push at the time. There is some irony in the angle as Ken and Ryan ended up as a real-life couple at around the same time frame. Later that year in May 1999, Headbanger Mosh was renamed "Beaver Cleavage," a reference to the TV series Leave It to Beaver. He appeared in black-and-white vignettes with his "mother," fitness model Marianna Komlos portraying "Mrs. Cleavage." The two would exchange sexual innuendos (e.g. Mrs. Cleavage would offer Beaver some of "Mother's milk" when he complained that his cereal was dry). After one in-ring appearance, the gimmick was scrapped. A few weeks later, they did a backstage segment where Mosh said that his real name was Chaz. He ridiculed the Beaver Cleavage gimmick and identified "Mrs. Cleavage" as his girlfriend, Marianna Komlos, in a "shoot-style" interview.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I have a question I am not sure was answered. Why did Kurt Angle leave the WWE? I never saw anything on it but I see him on TNA and Im confused to why. He was such a great heel on Raw that I wonder what would have driven him out.

I also just saw him on Pros vs Joes and he was kicking their asses in takedowns. Poor guys never stood a chance. One of them even said afterwards, "Hes strong. Hes real strong. He was as strong at the end of 3 minutes as he was at the beginning."

I don't know how anyone can watch the current WWE if they remember how it was 7+ years ago. No offense to those who currently watch and enjoy it.
i agree 100% i used to hate all the other sports but i discovered football then i had no time for wwe but sometimes ill briefly watch raw since MNF is off but i hate smackdown and another reason i dont watch wwe is that my favorite wrestler RVD is no longer with the company :mad:

I have a question I am not sure was answered. Why did Kurt Angle leave the WWE? I never saw anything on it but I see him on TNA and Im confused to why. He was such a great heel on Raw that I wonder what would have driven him out.

Kurt had plenty of personal issues at the time and the work schedule of WWE is brutal. It does not really lend itself for wrestlers to have much personal time. Which is why a lot of them end up having issues in their personal lives IMHO.

Many people, including myself thought Kurt would be away from the business for a while to sort things out. But he started in TNA fairly quickly after his contract ended with WWE. Their work schedule is much, much lighter and allows their wrestlers more time to themselves. In WWE, he might have been working 20-25 nights a month, but TNA is as little as a quarter of that.

I am sure there are more parts to the story, but this was at least a part of it.

lovetoaster that is a perfect explanation...thank you very much.

i remember him getting that new way of neck surgery and he was recovering from it and then it just seems like he went away. he was one of my favorite heels along with owen hart and ol vince himself. any man that can make 30000 people yell "WHAT?!" after every sentence he says is good at his craft.