Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Sting has always been pretty meh to me. I did like him when he was the surfer dude, but couldn't stand him once he turned into the crow. All I wanted was for the NWO to catch his hiding ass one day and beat the ****out of him. Hope he stays away from the WWE and he better not touch Takers streak.

• Like 1

You're not gonna get your wish. It looks like Sting will finally make his WWE debut. He just got his contract tore up on iMPACT.

Watched a little impact tonight. All I can say is their stories are weak, their in ring talent is decent. Velvet Sky is stupid hot.

They definitely need a new writing team. As for their talent, it's nowhere near as good as it was a few years ago.

• Like 1

You're not gonna get your wish. It looks like Sting will finally make his WWE debut. He just got his contract tore up on iMPACT.

They definitely need a new writing team. As for their talent, it's nowhere near as good as it was a few years ago.

TNA had this tag team, Generation Me, that they totally dropped the ball on a few years ago. Not soon after, the tag team division got kind of stale. Beer Money was broke up, Alex Shelly was hurt so Motley City Machine Guns were done, and the rest of the teams kind of sucked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934580-jim-ross-joins-fox-sports

Jim Ross Joins FOX Sports

Jim Ross announced he was leaving the WWE for Fox Sports on Twitter Thursday.

Ross been left WWE. Well actually, he didn't leave, he got fired because of something Ric Flair did at a press conference for WWE 2k14.

But yeah, I just heard that he was probably just writing for them and a podcast or something. It would be nice if he called some football games lol

Sting has always been pretty meh to me. I did like him when he was the surfer dude, but couldn't stand him once he turned into the crow. All I wanted was for the NWO to catch his hiding ass one day and beat the ****out of him. Hope he stays away from the WWE and he better not touch Takers streak.

The big problem with Sting has always been his promos. At his best, he was just okay on the mic. That's why the Crow gimmick was so good for him. He always looked great and wrestled well. But then he talked and he was just this corny, bland dude with face paint.

The two things that made Sting special were his look and the fact that he had insane chemistry in the ring with Flair and with Vader. He and Vader could probably have a 3.5 star match tonight if they wanted to (and I'm not sure that Vader is even alive at this point).

• Like 1

Rumor Roundup (Jan. 24, 2014): Sting WWE plans, Hulk Hogan WrestleMania 30 host, Royal Rumble expansion, More!

Another old timer who probably will be in a match at WrestleMania XXX is Sting. Talks between the two sides are still ongoing, but have apparently reached a point where they are discussing possible WWE "monikers" for Sting, with the leading candidate "A Man Called Sting."

Edited by Gallen5862

Arn Anderson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arn_Anderson

Martin Anthony Lunde (born September 20, 1958) better known by his ring name Arn Anderson, is a former American professional wrestler and author. His career has been highlighted by his alliances with Ric Flair and various members of the wrestling stableThe Four Horsemen, in theNWA/WCW. He currently serves as the senior producer for WWE's Raw brand. On March 31, 2012, Anderson was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fameas a member of the Four Horsemen.

If they bring in Sting, then it's a horrible decision.  He is washed up and no fun to watch anymore.  He has been irrelevant for years, even in TNA.  The Undertaker needs to retire too imo.  Signing him just because you can and it takes away from TNA is just stupid.  TNA cant compete and Sting does not strengthen the current WWE roster.  

TNA can't hold a candle to WWE, they simply don't have the financial backing required to lure away mass talent like Vince did from Ted Turner back in the Monday Night war days.  Until they get another billionaire funding the product or another faction starts up with that financial backing, WWE is always going to blow out the competition.  

What's sad is, while I still watch WWE and enjoy it.  Vince is killing the very business that he built/took complete power over.  No one can argue that the story lines, matches, heal turns/screw jobs, etc. were not at the top of their game when two companies were battling it out (WWF vs. WCW).  Legit competition fuels the best product for both parties involved.  Vince has enough money to throw at the entire TNA roster and bring them aboard if he wanted to.  

I still dig the current WWE, don't get me wrong.  As a fan, I want another empire to rise and challenge Vince and the WWE.  I don't think it will ever happen in this lifetime though.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

If they bring in Sting, then it's a horrible decision.  He is washed up and no fun to watch anymore.  He has been irrelevant for years, even in TNA.  The Undertaker needs to retire too imo.  Signing him just because you can and it takes away from TNA is just stupid.  TNA cant compete and Sting does not strengthen the current WWE roster.  

TNA can't hold a candle to WWE, they simply don't have the financial backing required to lure away mass talent like Vince did from Ted Turner back in the Monday Night war days.  Until they get another billionaire funding the product or another faction starts up with that financial backing, WWE is always going to blow out the competition.  

What's sad is, while I still watch WWE and enjoy it.  Vince is killing the very business that he built/took complete power over.  No one can argue that the story lines, matches, heal turns/screw jobs, etc. were not at the top of their game when two companies were battling it out (WWF vs. WCW).  Legit competition fuels the best product for both parties involved.  Vince has enough money to throw at the entire TNA roster and bring them aboard if he wanted to.  

I still dig the current WWE, don't get me wrong.  As a fan, I want another empire to rise and challenge Vince and the WWE.  I don't think it will ever happen in this lifetime though.

Many would argue that Vince is a brilliant business man while others will tell you he killed pro wrestling. IMO, he's both. I don't care what anyone says, the fact that WCW, AWA and ECW is all owned by the WWE is a bad thing. But on the other hand, you can't argue with the way he promoted the WWE towards kids back in the 80's. And you're right, until someone comes along with some DEEP, DEEP pockets, no one will come close to touching the WWE.

As for Sting, yeah, he's washed up. But TNA just had their biggest rating in over a year because it was probably Sting's farewell match. And I believe he will be a short term asset for the WWE. Sting/Taker at WM30 DOES have a ring to it. I'm sure Sting would dig a little deeper in front of 80,000 plus.

Side note: Let's be honest, the WWE acquiring Sting is just another move to satisfy Vince's ego.

This is a link about secret title changes.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/phantom-title-changes-26076117/page-2

Flair's Debacle in the Dominican Republic

“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair wasn’t lying when he called himself a “learjet flying, limousine riding, kiss-stealing, wheeling, dealing son of a gun.” When he was the NWA World Champion, Ric Flair was a veritable marathon man, traveling the globe and battling in matches that often went a full hour. One night, he’d be in Japan grappling with fellow WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki; the next, he’d be in Puerto Rico, dueling with Carlos Colon; before heading back to the States to fend off the challenge of stars like Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA. By hook or by crook, Flair usually managed to escape with the title in hand.

One match in the Dominican Republic didn’t go quite as planned, however, as Flair recalled in his autobiography, “To Be The Man.”  Taking on national hero Jack Veneno in front of a rabid crowd in the capital city of Santo Domingo, Flair found himself in a precarious position, trapped in Veneno’s sleeper hold with the time limit approaching. Just before Flair’s arm dropped for the third time, the bell rang, signaling a draw. But the crowd was at a fever pitch and didn’t hear the bell. They thought they just saw their hometown hero capture one of wrestling’s biggest prizes. With armed military police struggling to hold back the masses, Flair assessed the situation and, in the interest of self-preservation, decided it was best to go with the flow. He left his championship in the ring for Veneno to celebrate with in front of the adoring crowd.

Edited by Gallen5862

This is a link about secret title changes.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/phantom-title-changes-26076117/page-2

Flair's Debacle in the Dominican Republic

“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair wasn’t lying when he called himself a “learjet flying, limousine riding, kiss-stealing, wheeling, dealing son of a gun.” When he was the NWA World Champion, Ric Flair was a veritable marathon man, traveling the globe and battling in matches that often went a full hour. One night, he’d be in Japan grappling with fellow WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki; the next, he’d be in Puerto Rico, dueling with Carlos Colon; before heading back to the States to fend off the challenge of stars like Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA. By hook or by crook, Flair usually managed to escape with the title in hand.

One match in the Dominican Republic didn’t go quite as planned, however, as Flair recalled in his autobiography, “To Be The Man.”  Taking on national hero Jack Veneno in front of a rabid crowd in the capital city of Santo Domingo, Flair found himself in a precarious position, trapped in Veneno’s sleeper hold with the time limit approaching. Just before Flair’s arm dropped for the third time, the bell rang, signaling a draw. But the crowd was at a fever pitch and didn’t hear the bell. They thought they just saw their hometown hero capture one of wrestling’s biggest prizes. With armed military police struggling to hold back the masses, Flair assessed the situation and, in the interest of self-preservation, decided it was best to go with the flow. He left his championship in the ring for Veneno to celebrate with in front of the adoring crowd.

Dominican Republic........what a ****ty place.  They don't deserve to view real life events, including wrestling.  

I miss the good old days when "World Champs" were actually world champs.

Dominican Republic........what a ****ty place.  They don't deserve to view real life events, including wrestling.

That's what makes stories like this even better. Back in the day, those guys would wrestle anywhere.

• Like 1