Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

It's a WWE thread in the off topic section of the official Washington Redskins message board. This is serious stuff.

Speaking of Master P, shame he can't get in for his time in the WCW. Joking aside though, he did more than Snoop as far as I remember.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

Master P's group was called the....shocker...No Limit Soldiers. I definitely remember that.

My...roommate...at my federal vacation retreat did 20 years for selling coke throughout Charlotte in the 80's. He had a **** ton of Ric Flair stories. Said he was his biggest customer by far. Buying kilos at a time.

Sorry I can't be talking Master P/No Limit and see Flair's name and not say something.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

The dude I was talking about was "Big Swoll" aka Randy Thornton. Apparently, he was a football player.

Him and Mysterio had this finishing move where Rey would stand on his shoulders and do like a headbutt off of him. I was only 10 when this was happening, so I thought it was cool.

Met Ric Flair at 'Hurricanes' at BWI airport Marriott back in the late '90s. He is exactly the same person you see in the ring. Had a girlfriend with me and he told her he "Loved her big tits." She was completely freaked out by him.

Jeff Jarrett was also there and he was quite and reserved. He looked more like he was part of Flair's entourage.

• Like 3

Most "Ric Flair in the 80s" stories seem to just be a naked Ric Flair walking up to a woman and gesturing to his penis.

That's not the first time that I've heard that about Flair.

As I've mentioned numerous times in this thread, the lack of cocaine and steroids is what's wrong with wrestling nowadays.

Everything I've read and heard about Flair is the opposite - he drank like a maniac but mainly stayed away from hard drugs.

In his autobiography, he talks about going to Puerto Rico with Piper. He was paid in cash; Piper was paid with a spittoon full of cocaine. That sounds about right.

I think the biggest problem is wrestling is the lack of female fans. The crowds look like the same people who show up to Kevin Smith's live podcasts.

If Kerry Von Erich were alive today, no 15 year old girls would be sticking their hands into his tights as he walked to the ring. And that's a tragedy.

Man, that Master P/ Curt Henning storyline was hillairious. I still remember his "I Hate Rap" song. I know Rey Mysterio (With no mask) was with Master P. It was some other big black dude with them too.

Master P had a cousin who was trying to break into wrestling. I can't remember the dude's name, but that's what that was all about.

That may have been the most ass-backwards booking ever. (And I think Nash had the book then). Basically, they had a southern territory and booked a bunch of rednecks to sing a song about how awful rap was. And they decided to make them the heels. Then, Master P and his posse that literally had 25 dudes in it would confront the 2 or 3 rednecks about their terrible taste in music - which the audience agreed with. And they were the faces.

I remember the one spot where there were like 20 black dudes in a WCW ring slapping around Hennig or maybe Kendall Windham who I think was involved....and they thought the all white audience in, like, Greensboro was going to go for this.

They needed Michael Hayes then. He's blacker than Mark Henry and would have seen the problems immediately.

You could right a doctoral thesis on "Pro Wrestling's Race problem."

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

You guys are seriously debating over the celeb wing of the HOF? Lol

Debating the WWE Hall of Fame is literally the dumbest thing in the world.

Luckily, I'm really into dumb things.

How about this for a hot take: You can make an argument for Cyndi Lauper being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as a performer.

In 1984 and 1985, she was honestly the 4th most important person in the promotion (behind Vince, Hogan, and Piper).

She gets Capt. Lou Albano (who had a bizarre ability to show up in the weirdest places) onto MTV in a massively popular video.

WWF then capitalizes on this and has Albano claim to be her manager on their show. David Wolfe, her real manager, gets involved. Finally Cyndi shows up on Piper's Pit and explains that she loves Lou but he's not her manager. That goes about as well as expected.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cyndi+lauper+captain+lou+albano&view=detail&mid=8E589A67D7DE32D54DBD8E589A67D7DE32D54DBD&FORM=VIRE

This leads to the Brawl to End it All where Wendi Richter beats Moolah in the most watched program in MTV's history.

Cyndi sticks around. Lou becomes a babyface. And they run an angle where Piper attacks Albano in Madison Square Garden in front of Lauper.

That sets up the War to Settle the Score on MTV.

That's where Mr T comes to Hogan's aid, which sets up WrestleMania. Lauper participates in WrestleMania.

Before WrestleMania she takes Hulk Hogan to the Grammys as her bodyguard. She wins Best New Artist that night.

Meanwhile, Dick Ebersol sees the monster ratings on MTV and sets up Saturday Night's Main Event. Saturday Night's Main Event is where the WWF took a quantum leap in production. It went from the low rent tv wrestling look to network sports level production literally overnight. My understanding is that NBC basically bought them all modern production equipment and then taught them how to use it.

Then a few weeks later, Cyndi puts basically the entire freaking WWF roster - and the Bangles - back on MTV in the Goonies R Good Enuff video. A video that involved Steven Freaking Spielberg.

Then in September, Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wresling premieres on CBS. She wasn't involved but this was built around the idea of the "Rock and Wrestling Connection."

At the end of '85, she and David Wolffe executive produce "The Wrestling Album." The Land of 1000 Dances video gets on MTV. This album gave the world "Real American." Later, in '87, David Wolffe produces the second wrestling album.

She was incredibly active in WWF for nearly two full years, was pretty much personally responsible for getting them on MTV, NBC, and CBS, got them very connected to Los Angeles, helped them launch WrestleMania and created the idea of a Wrestling Album.

That's a pretty amazing two year run.....

Vince pretty much became a billionaire the day Lou Albano put on a dress for a Cyndi Lauper video.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Can we just talk about how awesome Paul Orndorff was? I forgot that he spent that entire video kissing his biceps.

I also love the fact that the person who takes the biggest bump is Bobby Heenan.

I have no earthly idea who the black guy that is not Junkyard Dog is. SD Jones? It can't be SD Jones.

What really jumps out to me in all this nonsense is how important the Iron Sheik was at this time. I mean, he's basically the #2 guy on the heel side behind Piper, which is not at all how I remember this era.

I wanna talk about Scott Steiner. Who the hell did he blackmail or threaten to cleave into several pieces and use their torso for dart throwing to get that major spot with Triple H back in 2002-2003? Those matches were horrible. Thats why you don't do roids, kids.

BTW, 2002-whenever WWE decided RAW needed more than "Triple H wins again!" is like the biggest, most obvious display of backstage power I've seen since Nash/Hogan in WCW

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I wanna talk about Scott Steiner. Who the hell did he blackmail or threaten to cleave into several pieces and use their torso for dart throwing to get that major spot with Triple H back in 2002-2003? Those matches were horrible. Thats why you don't do roids, kids.

BTW, 2002-whenever WWE decided RAW needed more than "Triple H wins again!" is like the biggest, most obvious display of backstage power I've seen since Nash/Hogan in WCW

He probably walked into Vince's office shirtless. That usually guarantees a push.