Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Center pics Eagles and Cowboys

Mr.Skinbo

I was just watching Sports Center and they spoke of their early pics for the NFC in 2007. Those silly mixed up ****es picked the Eagles and cowboys. They picked the Eagles because they thought D. McNabb would be healthy, they pick'd the Cowboys cuz they have T.O. They need to Realize that D. Mcnabbs better days are over and T.O. while he's a good Reciever, he can still kill a team. They only spoke of one player for each team, how does that amount to making the team great. The Key word here is TEAM and it takes a-lot more than one person to make a great team please tell me why the skins can't get any love. I Think We have a team that has the elements to make a great TEAM.

']Why would this piss you guys off? When the Giants and Redskins are the two teams from the NFC East who make the playoffs' date=' we can all flood them with emails and ask them where the Cowboys and Eagles are now? :D[/quote']

Tom, let them bask in their ignorance, why correct them?

Any response at all will let them know someone acutally heard their stupid show.

The two contenders are clearly the Redskins and Giants. The Giants scare me more than any other NFC team. They were the division champs and have made some good secondary upgrades as well as a decent draft. I believe that their shortfall is their DT's. They have the best DE's in football and Manning will be one year older. Dallas is all hype and the last time I looked we were beating them 35-0 before they scored!

The Eagles had their chances and are on the downside. They do not have a running game and their WR's are the worst in the NFC East. They might be building through the draft but that will not show any promise for 2-3 more years.

ESPN employs too much of an Eagles faction - Jaws, Sal Paolantonio, Golic - in primary NFL roles. Plus, Berman is Andy Reid's meda boy, so he drools over the Eagles every chance he gets.

Same with NFL Network. It's located outside Philly, and employs tons of Philadelphia-area natives at all levels. That's why if you watch consistently enough, you'll see them constantly attempting to make their favorite team relevant, even when they are 6-10.

The media are way overrated n this era. They simply have not done enough to warrant the respect we have come to pay them. The days of the "journalist" in the mainstrem media are over. It's every man for himself - or in this case, for his team.

As a gambling man I find it very difficult NOT to pick Dallas......

Manning's defense may come along a bit to help him out so they're a possibility too.....'

The Eagles shouldn't even finish 8-8.....

Dallas & washington will finish with the same record because the skins have a scedule advantage.....not teams but by the order we have them.....

Phily makes me nervous in phily b/c it's after their BYE......

Last offseason, when nobody gave the Redskins any respect, all everyone said was, "Winning is the only way we will ever earn respect." Well, we won....and still no respect. :laugh:

But....WHO CARES? I'm so glad nobody thinks we will be good again, because it DOES absolutely make winning that much sweeter. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Why would you want your team to be picked to go all the way? All that does it set you up for an incredible let-down.

I hope it is just us and NY. Somehow, the Giants have become the NFC East rival I hate the least.

I'm with you Dweezel, I used to hate all NFC east rivals equally (well, maybe a bit more disdain for the Dallas Cowboys) .... lately, I've started hating the Giants less as well

say, speaking of Cowboys, wasn't there a move made recently about them? (Humpback Mountain or something?)

The two contenders are clearly the Redskins and Giants. The Giants scare me more than any other NFC team. They were the division champs and have made some good secondary upgrades as well as a decent draft. I believe that their shortfall is their DT's. They have the best DE's in football and Manning will be one year older. Dallas is all hype and the last time I looked we were beating them 35-0 before they scored!

The Eagles had their chances and are on the downside. They do not have a running game and their WR's are the worst in the NFC East. They might be building through the draft but that will not show any promise for 2-3 more years.

I totally agree with your assessment of the Giants. They will also be a formidable opponent with a totally healthy OL. The Redskins and Giants were clearly the better teams in the NFC east in 05 and have done nothing but improve on their weaknesss' and IMO should once again be the teams to beat in 06.

I think that all we needed to do for us to become a championship team, is add WRs to compliment Moss, Cooley and Portis and a pass rusher which could quite possibly make our defense an elite squad. We obviously have done these things therefore, skies the limit for our team. :)

I can see Philly being dangerous, but I don't see it happening with Dallas. As far as I can tell, their only upgrade was TO, who came at the expense of KJ, so it's not even as if they ADDED more weapons. I really don't know why Dallas is given so much love, but so be it. The Giants worry me the most.

Moss victimized the Cowboys' corners in Game 1 last year and in Game 2 the Redskins crashed the Cowboys' offensive line, sacked Bledsoe and stopped what little running game Dallas could muster.

While Dallas has added TO and a pair of good linebackers in Ayodele and Carpenter, they haven't improved their backfield or their offensive line much if at all. Bledsoe is still immobile and an easy target for the defense while in the pocket.

Meanwhile the Redskins have addressed their biggest holes in the offseason at WR, DE and SS and will be a better team than the one that beat Dallas in December :)

']Why would this piss you guys off? When the Giants and Redskins are the two teams from the NFC East who make the playoffs' date=' we can all flood them with emails and ask them where the Cowboys and Eagles are now? :D[/quote']

Sorry Tom, We did that last year, frankly we're tired of doing it...

Question for the ESPN mediots:

Exactly how many rings has TO brought to a team over his career? ZERO

And as far as the Eagles go, their problems last season went way beyond TO last season. I don't think the Eagles will suck this year or anything, they will be a tough opponent, but I think their window of dominance is shut.

Archived