Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Center pics Eagles and Cowboys

Mr.Skinbo

']Why would this piss you guys off? When the Giants and Redskins are the two teams from the NFC East who make the playoffs' date=' we can all flood them with emails and ask them where the Cowboys and Eagles are now? :D[/quote']

this is what will happen

Thats fine with me, the Sports Center folks can pic those Eagles and cowboys,

let our NFC East rivals get all the hype, all the praise, let that be a challenge

for our REDSKINS, let that be a spark that ignites the competitive fires in our

team. Let our rivals get the respect from the talking heads, let our REDSKINS

get their WINS on the FIELD. :helmet: GO REDSKINS!!!!!:wavetowel

That pisses me off with anaylists, they think just because the Cowboys have T.O., they will become an almighty force, which can't be stopped. They should have someone on that show to ***** slap them everytime they say something that stupid.

Their o-line will be their downfall. anyone with a functioning brain can see that.

Serious question: Has T.O. ever helped a team win in the post season??...Because the media is treating him like the wr equivalent of Deion Sanders.

Well TO did have a HUGE day when san fran played the giants in the playoffs a couple years back. San fran was way behind and TO had quite a few HUGE plays. Not to mention that was the game where the giants botched the field goal ala turk, and had their season end on a bad field goal snap. That was sooooooo funny, sportscenter made fun of the situation by showing the play as if it were the opening to a tv show. I was laughing for weeks.

More of the same:

jr (dallas): Dallas is hands down the team to beat in the NFC, do you agree? No other team has the talent on both sides of the ball that Dallas does. If they do, please show me.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: I agree. I ahve the toughest Division in the NFL falling like this. Dallas, Washington, New York Giants and Philadelphia.

Then dodge the question about the quality of the Dal O-Line (See Sig.), running game, and Saunders. [And the be ready to make the assumption the Bledsoe WILL play as well as last year, while Brunell WILL NOT (Which is fine - that's what these jackasses are paid for)]:

Kevin (Manassas): How in the world can you pick Dallas over Washington? Dallas has a weak O-Line, and running game, and Bledsoe will be on his back a lot this year. And Al Saunders is a huge pickup for the Skins, along with all the free agents.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: Then we are all going to assume that Brunell will play as well as he played last season... I am not ready to say that right now.

Again - dodges the comment about Bledsoe:

Kevin (Manassas): Well....you are assuming Jason Campbell does not take Brunell's job from him, and Brunell is no worse than Bledsoe, and he has a much better supporting cast.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: I like Campbell's upside, but to think a QB that has never started in this league is going to take you to the promise land is even a bigger assumption.

And before our ever-so-whiney Crackwhore fans on here get their panties in a bunch, if he wants to pick Dallas, fine, back it up, which he does not, at all. He makes general comments with no supporting evidence.

The Skins have a better O-Line, RB, WRs, comprable TE/H-Back, comparable QBs (being generous - Bledsoe makes Brunell look like Tecmo Super Bowl's 'QB Eagles') superior coaching staff and overall defense...hmmm. But the Cowboys do have TO and ESPN loves to jerk themselves off over Parcells so...we shall see.

:dallasuck

The Skins have a better O-Line, RB, WRs, comprable TE/H-Back, comparable QBs (being generous - Bledsoe makes Brunell look like Tecmo Super Bowl's 'QB Eagles') superior coaching staff and overall defense...hmmm. But the Cowboys do have TO and ESPN loves to jerk themselves off over Parcells so...we shall see.

Dallas has the better recievers.

Dallas has better TE's, Witten and Fasano is better than Cooley/Nobody.

Bledsoe and Brunell are very close, but I also prefer Brunell.

Coaching staff: advantage Skins.

Overall defense: its pretty close, but I prefer the Cows.

Dallas is the worst team in the division. They have the worst O-line and running backs. If the Giants offseason additions pay off they also have the worst secondary and if Brunell is healthy and Manning has progressed at all they have the worst QB! They also have a team that gave up down the stretch last year showing no character and then they just added the most disruptive locker room presence in the NFL. How anyone can think they are the best team in the division is rediculous.

Dude, you really need to check yourself.

The Skins have a decent secondary, but its between y'all and the Giants for worst in the NFCE.

Brunell, could very well be the worst QB in the division this year.

Dallas did give up in their last game of the year against the Rams, but that doesn't really bother me, for them it was playoffs or nothing. They didn't give up until the were eliminated from the playoff contention. They won the week before @Carolina to keep hope alive.

we're obviously going to have 2 teams in the playoffs from the NFC East. I fully believe that we will be 1 of them because of our shutdown defense and just plain ridiculous offense :D:D.

Why each other NFC East team will be in the playoffs:

Dallas: I hate T.O. as much as the next, but he is a playmaker. When he is happy, he is unstoppable. They have an aging QB, but he can take care of the ball, and their D isnt up to par, but they're not as bad as say...SF. If Owens doesn't self destruct this season, he can bring a whole new ugly confidence to Dallas, making his whole team better.

:logo:

First, Brunell is older than Bledsoe.

Our D isn't up to par?????? And the Skins have a "shutdown defense"??????:laugh:

Dallas and Washington, were pretty much even in every major defensive category, and Dallas started 2 rookies all year. Dallas' defense is better IMO, because they can get QB pressure without blitzing.

Y'all are talkin' out your ass!!

Success in 2005, doesn't equate to success in 2006.

we're obviously going to have 2 teams in the playoffs from the NFC East. I fully believe that we will be 1 of them because of our shutdown defense and just plain ridiculous offense :D:D.

Why each other NFC East team will be in the playoffs:

Philly: Mcnabb is a leader no matter what anyone says. Westbrook is a play maker and their defense is very, very good even though they had a down year last year. Injuries took them out of contention, not to mention T.O. Don't be surprised to see them turn some heads.

Dallas: I hate T.O. as much as the next, but he is a playmaker. When he is happy, he is unstoppable. They have an aging QB, but he can take care of the ball, and their D isnt up to par, but they're not as bad as say...SF. If Owens doesn't self destruct this season, he can bring a whole new ugly confidence to Dallas, making his whole team better.

New York: Manning. Right now, he is very over-rated, but he is only going to get better. They drafted some playmakers (Little Moss) to add to the playmakers they already have (Tiki, Plaxico, Shockey...okay, maybe not Shockey...). They have the best pass rushers, and what could make a pretty good LB corps...assuming Lavar loses his mouth and some weight.

As bad as Philly was, and ugly as Dallas remains, they are both capable of makinga run for the WILD CARD, as do the Giants.

:logo:

Philly- I agree with you about McNabb. Westbrook is this generations Kelvin Bryant. When healthy a dangerous change of pace back and receiver out of the backfield. But he is not a full time back and is never healthy. I also agree that the defense should be pretty good.

For me, my problem with Philly is their offense. It's still the McNabb show and that's about it. That's not good enough to win the NFC East anymore and I don't think it's enough for even a wildcard.

Dallas- TO is an aging WR who didn't get along with far superior quarterbacks during his career (yes overall Bledsoe has a better career than Garcia but circa the early 2000's, Garcia was a better QB than Bledsoe is now). I expect him to not be nearly the weapon he's been in other places. The Cowboys Oline is suspect and they don't have a proven 16 game runningback. Their defense should be pretty damn good with their front 7. I'm still not sold on their secondary.

Dallas will struggle this season in my opinion thanks to Drew Bledsoe. They don't have the runners to balance out that offense and their Oline has to show me they can protect him. The Cowboys also showed a bit of "Norv Turner" disease last year.....you get punched in the mouth and you fold up....they'll have to prove their toughness in December before I consider them a true contender for a playoff spot.

New York- Manning isn't his brother, but he's pretty good and I agree that he will get better. Giants offense is scary. They do have alot of weapons, but I disagree about MiniMoss. I just don't think he's going to make it as a NFL WR. But he'll be dangerous on returns. I also agree that their defense will be pretty good.

For me, the Giants are easily the team that is the biggest threat to the Skins going into this season. The only question I have about them is their secondary. I'm not sure that Surtain is that much of an upgrade over Allen at this point in his career. But with the pass rush the Giants should be able to generate (the best pass rush in the divison-perhaps NFL) teams may not have the time to exploit the secondary.

The Giants and Skins are the class of the NFC East, with the Eagles and Cowboys bringing up the rear. That doesn't mean those two can't or won't win this year, but I just don't really see how they can be picked to do so over the Giants and Skins until they prove some things on the field first.

The Skins have a decent secondary, but its between y'all and the Giants for worst in the NFCE.

Dallas did give up in their last game of the year against the Rams, but that doesn't really bother me, for them it was playoffs or nothing. They didn't give up until the were eliminated from the playoff contention. They won the week before @Carolina to keep hope alive.

First, Brunell is older than Bledsoe.

Our D isn't up to par?????? And the Skins have a "shutdown defense"??????:laugh:

Dallas and Washington, were pretty much even in every major defensive category, and Dallas started 2 rookies all year. Dallas' defense is better IMO, because they can get QB pressure without blitzing.

Dude, your totally off here. How is your secondary better? We toasted it in 2 games last year while your offense did nothing against ours.

Cooley scored more TD's in 2 quarters against the Girls than your entire team did against us in 2 games, good luck.

Fasano? Give me a break. Fauria is proven at least.

Your receivers are better? Glenn isn't very good and Owens has never played a down in anything other than a West coast offense. You have no idea how good he is. Moss proved himself last year in our offense. Lloyd played for the worst team in the league and will have better numbers this year and Randle El is a playmaker. We still have Patten and Thrash too.

Your WR's are above average if TO pans out, otherwise your receivers suck, your OL sucks, and your running game is second rate.

Have fun.

So Fauria is Nobody?

Like I said I would take Brunell over Bledsoe at this point. Bledsoe is going to get killed behind that line - which you casually ignored.

Are you kidding? Let's see what happens this year when there are more options for you to cover. You couldn't stop Moss when he had a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk across from him. Give me Rogers/Spring/Wright over Newman/Henry/Glenn (oops, there goes Lloyd/Moss again!) Give me Taylor and Arch over Williams and Davis.

Yeah he could. But my money is Bledsoe looking up through the ridiculous roof in Texas Stadium.

Weren't the Cowboys 7-3 at one point? I call finishing 2-6 quitting. Maybe that's just me.

That's why they went out and got Carter. Watch them this year. They will be top 5 again.

And I am assuming a quitting failure of a team in 2005 equates to success in 2006 for a lame-duck coach?

Let Sports Center and the rest of the media pick the Cowboys and the Eagles. They did the same thing last year for the 2005 NFL season. I don't think none of the media, with the exception of the Washington, DC area, of course, ever expected the Redskins to be a playoff contender last season. Since the Redskins were considered the underdogs, they definitely raised a lot of eyebrows last season and made liars out of the media as Joe Gibbs & Co. started to win more games. Sports Center can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. Assuming the Redskins win it all this season, all of us fans and the whole Washington Redskins organization will make Sports Center look like a bunch of fools. In the end of the season, I hope the Redskins will have the last laugh :applause: .

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkHog

Dallas is the worst team in the division. They have the worst O-line and running backs. If the Giants offseason additions pay off they also have the worst secondary and if Brunell is healthy and Manning has progressed at all they have the worst QB! They also have a team that gave up down the stretch last year showing no character and then they just added the most disruptive locker room presence in the NFL. How anyone can think they are the best team in the division is rediculous.

OK, sure, lets try looking at some facts! Last year the Redskins D was #1 in the NFL in the completion percentage of opposing teams (54.4%), #3 in yards per attemt (6.20 yds/attempt), #2 in passing TDs allowed (15), and #10 in passing yards allowed per game (192.6). In all of these categories the Washington secondary was ranked first in the division as well. And they did all this despite the fact that, as you said, the 'Skins had to blitz to pressure the QB, and Harris and Springs each missed three games while Rogers (who was a rookie by the way - I see how you think Dallas is so awesome because two rookies started) missed six games and most of the preseason.

Our secondary was the best in the division last year in every measurable way. This year Rogers will finally be able to actually participate in training camp and will be starting from game one. We added Kenny Wright who STARTED for the 7th best pass defense in the NFL last year to be our nickel back, he is a major improvement over Walt Harris. We upgraded at SS and we finally brought in a pass rushing DE. Our secondary will only be better this year!

Try bringing some facts to the table, cowboyuptx! I'm sorry but YOU "really need to check yourself." Don't think you can just spew garbage and get away with it. We all know the Cowboys secondary is pathetic while the 'Skins is one of the elite units in the NFL. The facts prove it. Have a nice day!

Until you win:

1. Pittsburgh (15-5) 37.7 4-1 0-2 4-1

2. Indianapolis (14-3) 36.8 1-3 3-0 1-0

3. Denver (14-4) 36.0 2-1 5-1 1-1

4. Seattle (15-4) 34.3 1-1 2-2 2-0

5. San Diego (9-7) 31.4 1-3 3-1 1-1

6. Carolina (13-6) 31.3 0-1 1-0 4-3

7. Washington (11-7) 31.0 1-3 0-1 5-2

That pisses me off with anaylists, they think just because the Cowboys have T.O., they will become an almighty force, which can't be stopped. They should have someone on that show to ***** slap them everytime they say something that stupid.

Apparently they haven't looked at TO's stats against us.. If I remember they aren't that great.

But don't you understand?

When Dan Snyder hires Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, then he's a meddling owner who's playing fantasy football, and who's too stupid to know that big names don't win NFL games, teams do.

But when Jerry Jones hires TO over the objections of Bill Parcells, then obviously the team which was great last year becomes simply unstoppable when combined with a big-name star.

But don't you understand?

When Dan Snyder hires Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, then he's a meddling owner who's playing fantasy football, and who's too stupid to know that big names don't win NFL games, teams do.

But when Jerry Jones hires TO over the objections of Bill Parcells, then obviously the team which was great last year becomes simply unstoppable when combined with a big-name star.

It all makes sense now. The mediots must have really loved brokeback mountain.

i didnt think you were allowed to say "****es" here. and how can you say mcnabbs better days are over? Thats the dumbest thing i've read in a long time. Hes not even halfway through his career yet.

Hey buddy he friggen had a pretty serious injury last year, its hard to rebound from something like that plus he had no real recievers around to help him out, well see though. Oh yeah and one more thing ****ES.

how can you say that McNabb's better days are over. He is only 29. QB's can go till at least 34-35. (See M. Brunell).

Age has nothing to do with it, im talking about his hudge injury from last year plus i love Brunell but if he cant cut it then i guarentee J.Campell would love to step in, who do the Eagles have Koy Detmer

well this doesn't come a suprise here espn love jerry jones they will pic the cowgrils to win the east.I think jerry jones always have to plug his team on espn every year in traing camp espn always go there and cover them.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived