Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salisbury's Punishment...

chrisc0015

Recently I emailed Redskins.comTV regarding a viable punishment for Salisbury's words last year.

As you all remember, Sean Salisbury (ESPN Analyst) said he'd walk to D.C. naked if the Skins made the playoffs. The Skins made the playoffs; but obviously he won't actually walk naked in public for hundreds of miles. Most of the country forgot about this until Joe Gibbs called him out on ESPN during the Draft.

For your reference:

ES Thread: Salisbury says he'll walk from Bristol to D.C. if Skins make the Playoffs

ES Thread: Theisman calls out Salisbury before Week 17 games

Video Clip: Gibbs' calls out Salisbury on ESPN

This got me thinking ... he still deserves to be punished, but I think it should be something small -- something that says, "We're just having a little fun, but its time you become accountable for your words." And here are my thoughts...

At each Redskins store around the area, there should be a list for fans to sign as a petition to get Salisbury to adhere to our punishment. Keep the lists out for about a month, hopefully get thousands of signatures and then have Joe Gibbs present the petition to Salisbury himself in an interview.

My proposed punishment: Give Salisbury a Redskins baseball cap to wear during Redskins segments.

This obviously isn't a harsh punishment, but I think Salisbury deserves something like this. He disrespected Joe Gibbs, the Skins' coaching staff, the Skins' players, and the owners with the statement he made ... its time to make him pay for this disrespect! :D

What are your thoughts fellow-Extremers? Lets punish this guy!

ROFL, I like the hat or the helmet idea. Both would be funny but there is NO way he would ever agree to do that. In fact, I'm pretty sure we won't hear anything else about it unless SOMEONE at EPSN decides to mess with him a little bit. Maybe Joe Theismann would be willing to bring it up occassionally.

he should walk. not naked but he should walk. he said it. now he should live up to his words. there could be no better example of...

you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk.

if a guy is bold enough to go on worldwide TV and diss a team in such a manner they should be man enough to live up to what they said when proven wrong. plain and simple.

so should chris carter. both have lost any last shred of credibility in my book.

Well, in a cartoon I made last year ("Frictional Characters" )I called him out on it. At the end of that cartoon there used to be an email link to send Sean an email that said something to the effect of

"Back in September you stated that you would walk from Bristol to Washington if the Redskins made the playoffs. May I suggest a comfortable pair of shoes."

well, he got thousands of them, so many in fact that he wrote to me and whined his way out of it, told me to double check and I'd find that he said if they make the SUPER BOWL he said he'd do it.

he also addressed the issue on the Randy Galloway show... some Dallas sports talk radio show with some Cowboys homer as the host..

You can hear the important parts in this episode of the Bang Cartoon Radio Hour

Frankly, this Galloway idiot made my S list (and i don't mean sugar) because he kept calling my site "Baghdad.com".. so now i refer to him whenever we talk about him as "Randy Bin Laden".

Anyway, not much punishment, other than the few thousand emails, but it's more to the story.

~Bang

Let it go man. He's not going to do anything. He might say you suck again this year!

i know he wont do anything, because hes a punk. but every Redskins fan, as well as any fan who has ever had to actually pay up on a stupid bet they made, should send salisbury every pair of old stinky tennis shoes we can find. just to remind him that there should have been some walking in his future.

I say make him wear Hogette gear during his broadcast on Sunday.

Add Cris Carter to that mix as well.

Nobody should be made to wear Hogette gear. It may have been cool 20 years ago (I would disagree) but it really isn't cool now. I think it's demeaning having guys dress up like women..I love the hat idea, though, especially if he was interviewing Parcells, Jones, Gibbs...etc.

Nobody should be made to wear Hogette gear. It may have been cool 20 years ago (I would disagree) but it really isn't cool now. I think it's demeaning having guys dress up like women..I love the hat idea, though, especially if he was interviewing Parcells, Jones, Gibbs...etc.

Dude... how is it demeaning to have the hogettes? blasphemy!

My proposed punishment: Give Salisbury a Redskins baseball cap to wear during Redskins segments.

Skins don't get enough national pub now. This would have Salisbury backing out his Skins segments like he did his naked march statement.

The best thing is he being reminded on air about not being a man of honor. National humility regularly.

Or just beat him. :hammer:

Skins don't get enough national pub now. This would have Salisbury backing out his Skins segments like he did his naked march statement.

The best thing is he being reminded on air about not being a man of honor. National humility regularly.

Or just beat him. :hammer:

Come On' Joey T....

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

:poke:

I rather have Coach Gibbs focus on the Skins and not Salisbury. But the rest I like. We need to maybe get Mr. Snyder to do it! The media would have a circus seeing Dan Snyder threaten him like he did Coles :)

Archived