Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love you Mom

Tarhog

mom.jpg

Mine left this sweet world a couple years ago, although honestly, it feels like last week, and I still ache inside when I think of her. When you don't have your Mom anymore, you realize, no matter how many conversations you have with her out loud in your car on the way to work, theres no comfort in it. She never answers. You can't share your life with her anymore. All you have is the hope that you're making her proud, and raising your kids with the same optimism, caring, and love she gave you. My mom was a mom to the end....I went to see her on a Sunday night late - she was in the late stages of terminal cancer. I'd been summoned to my folks house as she was convinced tonight was 'the night' and insisted on all of her kids coming to the house, that she wouldn't live to see another day. I went into the sunroom where she was sitting in the semi-darkness. I hugged her, and all she said to me was 'you were my sweetest one'. I suspect she told my brother and sister this too :) Still, it was the epitome of what my mother was all about. She always made each of us feel like we were her 'sweetest one'.

I really really miss my Mom.

Afterall, she's my Mom.

And beyond that, what other descriptors are necessary.

I love you Mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all of those that birthed the rest of you crazy son's of ****es (and ****esses). :cheers: And if your Mom's still around, hug her tomorrow so hard and long she tells you she can't breathe.

Nice post, Tarhog. :cheers:

While I wouldn't know you from Adam on the street, the impression I get from your posts and your work here is that you do your mom proud everyday.

I hope georgiaredskin finds her way into this thread. :)

My mom is still around. I won't be near to hug her tomorrow but I was a good daughter and gave her a big present last month, plus spent time with her a couple of weeks ago when I traveled to PR.

She's always there when I need her. We have a great relationship. She taught me how to look at the goodness people carry. Her dedication and determination to succeed in the work place has helped me with my career.

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms!

that was a great piece of writing. i almost cried.. that involved some great thought and i hope that we guys dont take advantage of our moms. My mom has meant so much to me.. Thanks Mom for staying at home with us when i was growing up

Nice John. I'm very glad to have my mom still around. Happy Mothers Day mom. And a Happy Mothers Day to all the moms on Extreme and those who put up with their husbands spending so much time here. :)

Tarhog great post brother, had to hold back the tears. I bet when you have those conversations with her in the car if you listen real hard you can hear her. Just listen with your heart instead of your ears. ;)

I'm flying my Mom out to Vegas tonight. She's coming to see her grandaughter and brand new grandson, can't wait to see her hold him for the first time. If it wasn't for my mother God only know's how my life would have ended up, she's my rock. God bless all moms for putting up with our sorry asses. :applause:

Tarhog great post brother, had to hold back the tears. I bet when you have those conversations with her in the car if you listen real hard you can hear her. Just listen with your heart instead of your ears. ;)

I'm flying my Mom out to Vegas tonight. She's coming to see her grandaughter and brand new grandson, can't wait to see her hold him for the first time. If it wasn't for my mother God only know's how my life would have ended up, she's my rock. God bless all moms for putting up with our sorry asses. :applause:

Amen

And I'll take that advice....

If you got pics of mom, post away :)

And the bigger the hair, the better!

My mom and I have not been close for a very long time. But there's no bad there, just life, and though she can't undertsand, I still love her, too.

And I want to give a "Happy Mother's Day" shout to all the mom's out there who have contributed so much to making all the people I like being they people they are, and for the other mothers for going through all they must have endured parenting all the people I don't like :laugh: .

I also want to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the women that appeared in my life and others, who play the role of a mom for someone when it needs to be filled and do their best to bring their maternal love and caring to those lives too.

This is a picture of five geneations of mothers in my family, about 20 years ago, but you can only see the top of one babie's head at the bottom left :laugh: . There were three other babies there, and the lady in the wheelchair, my great-grandma--stern Austrian wife of a proud Prussian cavalry officer--has pssed since then but my mom behind her is still alive at 94 and still ornery when she's coherent :silly:

The dark-haired lady to GGma's left in the pic is my only sibling, ten years older than me, and the girls flanking are her daughter (my nieces) who now have five kids and three grandkids of their own, combined. So we still have five generations of mothers currently alive and apparently still in business :laugh:

momsday.jpg

Archived