Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Immortality - Would you take it?

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Hypothetical question (since the board is slow right now), if you were given the opportunity to live forever, would you do it? I'm not talking about living brain dead with a tube in your arm, I mean real life. Life staying in your prime until something comes up where everybody dies like a plauge or an asteroid. Would you do it? Why or why not?

(before ya'll ask, I wouldn't do it. The only reason life has meaning is because there is death)

are you saying for no cost? just blam your immortal?

if so sure, especially if you remain in your prime. However, if requires feasting on humans or something like that count me out. Ive thought about the vampire thing before, and it just seems too boring and too much emo for me. Now if my source of eternal youth was a steady diet of beer you have got a deal.

are you saying for no cost? just blam your immortal?

if so sure, especially if you remain in your prime. However, if requires feasting on humans or something like that count me out. Ive thought about the vampire thing before, and it just seems too boring and too much emo for me. Now if my source of eternal youth was a steady diet of beer you have got a deal.

No cost, no neck bitting. Just blam, for free, you're immortal. That's the question. :)

:laugh: beer?

No, especialy if those around me were not immortal...Could you imagine everyone you loved dying over and over again ? :(

Meh. I've seen death already. I'd get used to it.

We live as we dream---alone.

Life is not meaningless without death. We'd just have to shift our paradig-um to accomodate a new life pattern.

To go from the Middle Ages to the 2500s would be amazing. Sure, there'd be a lot of terrible things to see but also a great deal of wonder.

Even a depressed person would probably no longer consider death, since the prospect of a life rendered MEANINGLESS by death is often too difficult to bear.

I guess I feel differently because I believe I will have eternal life after death, the meaning of your life is the effect you have on others,so it is only meaningless if you make it that way. imo

Maybe...I've thought about that sort of thing before. It seems like a good deal if there are no caveats...except I'm not sure that I'd want to live forever, and what if you want to die eventually and are just tired of life can you cancel your subscription? Also does this mean that you can't be killed or are immune to stuff or just that you won't die of old age?

What the hell do you do if you get cancer or some other disease that would make life pretty miserable to live for eternity...or at least until they find some cure, if they can?

I don't know.

While it would be nice not to grow old and slowly deteriorate, I don't think I'd relish the idea of watching all my loved ones die, outliving my children, etc.

Now if I could have the power of invisibility, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

While it would be nice not to grow old and slowly deteriorate, I don't think I'd relish the idea of watching all my loved ones die, outliving my children, etc.

Now if I could have the power of invisibility, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Whoa now, watch what you wish for. You also need to be able to turn it on and off when you want. Otherwise you are in for a world of trouble.

:laugh:

That's where life is much easier for those of us who understand that the only person watching out for our best interests is ourselves and the only person whose best interests we should be looking out for is ourselves. When you don't have those silly attachments it makes life just so much easier.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could you even begin to comprehend how boring it would eventually get? not to mention, immortality doesn't mean stay young forever, it means live forever. simple fact, if you were 1,000 years old, you would look and feel it. no deal.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could you even begin to comprehend how boring it would eventually get? not to mention, immortality doesn't mean stay young forever, it means live forever. simple fact, if you were 1,000 years old, you would look and feel it. no deal.

Read the original post. I asked about immortality while in your prime. Like 21, 22, whenever you felt the best about yourself.

Given that I could kill myself if I so desired, and couldn't be killed by other means, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I'm more of an observer anyway, so the chance to observe the world, and the evolution of society would very intriguing.

Given that I could kill myself if I so desired, and couldn't be killed by other means, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I'm more of an observer anyway, so the chance to observe the world, and the evolution of society would very intriguing.

What if you go into paralysis, but retain full conciousnes?

Archived