Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czabe hits nail on the head......

jwebst1

I know I've already turned down 2 different sets of season tickets because of price. Escalating prices for parking and tickets has me enjoying my Direct TV NFL Football package even more. And you don't have to listen to some wine and cheeser telling you to sit down when the Redskins make a huge play. I've had enough of those people.

Okay, so what if the ticket prices go up? Do you think Snyder is the only one doing this? I am from PA, and went to visit family during Christmas break and we got tickets to the Steelers game, upper deck tickets were $350 each. Ticket prices will go now and then, it is called business.

I would have grabbed some club seats for this season, unfourtantley cash flow was low at the time I needed to get the money in

As much as I enjoy watching football on TV, nothing beats the gameday expierence at FedExField. And with the crowd getting younger each year, you will see less of the whine and sit down crowd at FedExField

Overall the column was pretty funny. I like the Raljon reference (Jack Kent Cooke was a little off the rocker). Season tickets are pennies compared to many other big franchises; cowboys, steelers & NYG to name a few. But so far my game time experiences have been awesome. Yet to actually have someone tell me to sit down during a game would be comical!

this ***** is complaining about the weather and traffic?

please, pathetic, real fans don't care about that crap

just button up, get drunk, you don't notice any of the weather

I don't mind the traffic going out either, gives you time to reflect and listen to postgame shows

this ***** is complaining about the weather and traffic?

please, pathetic, real fans don't care about that crap

just button up, get drunk, you don't notice any of the weather

I don't mind the traffic going out either, gives you time to reflect and listen to postgame shows

Exactly!!! First off, the upper deck seats, are not really nose bleed seats IMO. I had seats 3rd row to the top and loved them. Being able to see the whole play from start to finish is awesome. As for the traffic before the game, if you a real fan and tailgated 2-3 hours before the game, then you see no traffic. As for after the game, just like you said, the radio post game show is a time to reflect the game you just watced. As for the weather, if your gonna complain about that, go attend the NBA.

As for the weather, if your gonna complain about that, go attend the NBA.

Hey, no need to knock the NBA. :) But yes, if a "fan" doesn't like the weather, then he/she should become a fan of a crappy dome team or just watch the games from home.

Actually, Czabe is dead wrong. For so many years the Redskins have sold out their stadium. With the biggest stadium in the league, they continue to sell it out game after game. And now a small ticket price increase is supposed to make a big difference, after the teams best season in the past 14 years, coming up to their most promising season since Gibbs first tenure? Thats just crazy talk. Or more accurately, its wishful thinking from some fans, fans who wish that prices never increased.

Actually, Czabe is dead wrong. For so many years the Redskins have sold out their stadium. With the biggest stadium in the league, they continue to sell it out game after game. And now a small ticket price increase is supposed to make a big difference, after the teams best season in the past 14 years, coming up to their most promising season since Gibbs first tenure? Thats just crazy talk. Or more accurately, its wishful thinking from some fans, fans who wish that prices never increased.

I have been to every game over the past 3 years, and even though the games are technicially "sold out", I've witnessed thousands and thousands of empty seats at FedEx..... even at big, big games.....

I don't think 25-30% on tix and 40% on parking is a small increase....

Here is the article:

1. Redskins Tickets Available

A friend of our family who does some babysitting for us, recently offered me her two upper-deck season tickets to the Skins for next year. She only wants face value, which at $1800 for the two (that’s 8 regular season, plus two pre-season and it includes parking) isn’t too bad when you see how much Club Seats go for.

So why would my diehard Skins fan babysitter decide to ditch her tickets on the heels of 10-6, with all these “exciting” free agents?

Simple.

Escalating costs, and increasing dissatisfaction with the game day “experience.”

She said that going to the first 4 or 5 games is enough, and that sitting in the god-awful upper-deck when the winter winds and weather is howling. And don’t even get her started about sitting in traffic.

Now I don’t know how long Snyder’s “Season Ticket Waiting List” REALLY is, but I gotta think this is a very troubling sign. In fact, I know of other people like my babysitter, who still love the Skins, but also realize that getting tickets to games is astoundingly easy.

And for many in the upper deck, you can fish around for much better lower bowl seats for a lot less cash.

Maybe I’m wrong about all of this, and maybe there will be a nearly endless supply of super die-hard Skins fans to sign on and buy up ALL 92,000 season tickets.

But I’m not so sure.

You would like to think that winning takes care of everything. But apparently it isn’t in this case. Not only did I pass on those tickets (even if I did not have to work Comcast SportsNet post-games, I would only go to 1 or 2 games, and pay extra for good seats from somebody) but I’ve had absolutely NO enthusiasm from other folks I’ve run it by.

Maybe if you want these tickets, send me an email. And if you TOO are looking to dump your nosebleeders at the “Mausoleum of Greed” in Raljon, then I can’t help you there.

2. Schedule Silliness

It’s silly and juvenile, but also a rite of spring. Come on kids! Let’s go play the ENTIRE Redskins 2006 schedule right now!

Vs. Minnesota (MNF) W – Re-tooled Vikes are gonna be tough in a new run-first mentality. Oh yeah, Brad Johnson returns to FedEx as a starter. Big fun. The 7 p.m. kickoff, should produce the most massive traffic headache in Beltway history.

At Dallas (NBC) L – It’s T.O.’s first home game. Look out.

At Houston W – Say hi to Charlie Casserly, Skins fans!

Vs. Jacksonville W – Byron Leftwich homecoming.

At New York Giants L – Do we every play well there anymore?

Vs. Tennessee W – The schedule’s one true breather.

At Indianapolis L – Colts still formidable.

BYE: 4-3 record at break keeps Super Bowl talk from being out of control.

Vs. Dallas W – Done with the Cowboys by Week 9. Too bad.

At Philly L – Eagles will rebound this year.

At Tampa Bay W – Revenge from last year’s “goal-line” game.

Vs. Carolina W - At 6-4, this win propels rest of season.

Vs. Atlanta W – Come get your whuppin, Ron Mexico!

Vs. Philly W – Thankfully, it’s a 1 p.m. game.

At New Orleans W – Saints will not suck. Trust me.

At St. Louis W – A work in progress with a new coach.

Vs. NY Giants W – Eli Manning, come get your whuppin!

So there you have it, everybody. Your typical over-confident April prediction. Just remember what I like to say: “I see 12-4 this year, and I don’t know how they’ll lose the four.”

3. Moussaoui: Evil Man, Bad Terrorist

We have a tendency to equate those who would kill innocents, with also being “masterminds” of terror. Not all. Not hardly. In the trial of Zaccarias “Wilbon” Moussoui (I mean, that mug shot with the shaved head was not good for my friend the PTI star) the following nuggets came out.

“According to fellow terrorist Waleed Bin Attash, Moussoui infuriated KSM by calling Attash’s cell phone every day, even though it was only supposed to be used in emergencies.”

Also in Malaysia, Moussoui blurted out his dream of blowing up the White House and bought four tons of explosives, only to stick the bill to another terrorist hosting him there. They quickly spent $2,000 to put him on a plane, far, far, away. Which turned out to be Minnesota.

Now we’ve gotta decide whether to grease him or not. Hell, I say not only spare his life, let’s try to get him re-installed with Al Qaeda!

4. Hoya Cash: Off the Hook!

An anonymous emailer (make sure to include name and city everybody, otherwise I can’t give you credit in this space) sent me this nugget on the incredible pile of cash that John Thompson helped deliver his understudies while coaching “On The Hill.”

Yesterday you talked about the total dollars earned by G'town big men.

From the great site "basketballreference.com"

Ewing - $123 million

Mourning - $129 million

Mutombo - $108 million

Total $361 million or so.

What about the also rans?

Harrington - $16 million

Reid - $7 million

White - $25 million (most of that was Wizards money)

Throw in Iverson's $79 million and you come vary close to $500 million.

REACT: Wow. And to think that three centers worth $361 million in college basketball can only net you ONE National Championship.

5. Your Pic O’ The Day!

Gibbs takes his post-defeat handshake from the Tuna and runs...

Posted by czabe at April 10, 2006 09:49 PM

I'll be the first to admit club level tickets are pricey.But what can you do? Football (American style) is the only sport outside of maybe NASCAR that folks from throught the region would travel hundreds of miles and not bat an eye.1000 will take your place if you give them up.

Exactly!!! First off, the upper deck seats, are not really nose bleed seats IMO. I had seats 3rd row to the top and loved them. Being able to see the whole play from start to finish is awesome. As for the traffic before the game, if you a real fan and tailgated 2-3 hours before the game, then you see no traffic. As for after the game, just like you said, the radio post game show is a time to reflect the game you just watced. As for the weather, if your gonna complain about that, go attend the NBA.

Damn straight.... There is NO substitute for being at the game. IMO anybody who says they have just as much fun, "watching the game at home on a big-screen" just doesn't get it. They might as well give up their tickets and stay at home......

Czabe's point is: At 92,000 seats, there is no reason to buy an 8-game ticket package. Most fans probably only want to go to - at most - 3 games a year, cosidering the nightmare that is traffic and parking. You can get those 3 tickets pretty easily on your own. There is no shortage like at RFK.

Eventually, this concept could filter down to the entire fan base. Why spend $1800.00 in March when I can spend $1000 in September and go to just the games I want...in better seats.

Archived