Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The meaning of your screename?

GOSKINS_08

When I first got the internet in my home a friend of mine and I were thinking of "funny" possibilities for names. We both agreed that "Mr. Nostril" was hysterical. I've just used it for everything(except instant messenger, for which I actually use a similarly juvenile name, that I came up with with the same friend) I've needed a sn for ever sense.

Baculus was a centurion in Julius Caesar's Legio X (10th Legion). He distinguished himself in Caesar's campaigns in Gaul, which Caesar wrote about in his "Gallic Campaigns." (A great military read and a classic of warfare.)

There is this one story that Caesar relates where, in a pitched battle where things appeared grim, Baculus, wounded and lying in a medic tent, grabbed a sword, ran to the front line, and helped saved the day. Receiving high praise from Caesar meant a lot and Baculus must have been a great individual. I decided that I wanted to use the name of such a badass soldier and Roman, and I have used it since that day.

gut lead is one of my favorite plays that Irmo High school runs (i coach there)(goirmo.com) it really is a great play and the best thing about it is that the better a D is coached the more effective the play is .... it is a really simple play with a neat little twist....basically its an iso on mike right up the gut thus:gutlead. you run it at a 3 or if there is an odd front the center takes the nose where he wants to go and the FB reads the centers block both G,T combo out. TB follows the FB...the twist is the firs 2 steps of the QB from under center looks like our base running play reach(also called stretch by some) outside zone play, its a backside handoff.so if the D is quick to read they flow outside, if the begin to hesitate it allows us to reach them.i just love the brutality of it FB vs Mike..and our FB was 250 lbs he signed with ohio state.(he will eventually replace mike sellars..mark it down) and 74 is my old high school number....go york high falcons!!!!!!!!! :fortune:

Archived