Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Open ESPN MNF vs. Vikings (Merged)

ouvan59

This sucks. Greedy ****s at the NFL have to make opening weekend more of a circus than feasible. A 7:00 game and a 10:15 game? Its ****ing ridiculous. Why did they stop there? Why not have a game every 4 hours from Thursday to Sunday. This sucks! At least we can probably beat up on the Vikings to get a win.

The Bears were ranked #21 in 2004 so just because they were bad last year doesn't mean that much. The Vikings are bringing in a whole new coaching staff just like we did in 2004 . We went from #25 in 2003 to #3 in 2004.

We have no idea what they are going to look like yet. Heck, we're not sure what we are going to look like yet. I like our chances but it is way too early to check this one down as a win.

True, but Childress is not Lovie Smith...and the Vikes have done nothing in FA to improve their suspect D.

This sucks. Greedy ****s at the NFL have to make opening weekend more of a circus than feasible. A 7:00 game and a 10:15 game? Its ****ing ridiculous. Why did they stop there? Why not have a game every 4 hours from Thursday to Sunday. This sucks! At least we can probably beat up on the Vikings to get a win.

I'm with you man. As a season ticket holder this just sucks. MNF only needed good matchups not some crazy time scheme. With the Thursday night opener and then this. What does Sunday football mean anymore? This is a stupid decision.

Also if I was an advertiser with ESPN I would demand that my spot be pulled. I wouldn't want to market to an audience where one of the largest fan bases is not watching because their team just played and having the larger coast marginalized by start time. Way to go ESPN.

Well actually its gonna be 5 straight years opening at home...the Spurrier years count.

Spurrier Year 1 - home vs. Cards

Year 2 - home vs Jets

GIbbs year 1 - TB

Gibbs year 2 - Chi

Gibbs year 3 (next year) vs Vikes.

...but who's counting :)

I was thinkng the samething. Also we are undefeated in those games. But that will be a long Sunday to wait through. But living in North Carolina, At least I get to see the opening game this year.

True, but Childress is not Lovie Smith...and the Vikes have done nothing in FA to improve their suspect D.

Lovie Smith is better with the defensive side of the ball. Thats why the Bears had a better defense than offense. Brad Childress is better on offense. So, as long as our defense crushes them, we are in for another 60 minute party. I would love for us to verse Dallas in week 2 again so we all can hear "WE WANT DALLAS" loud on national TV. And maybe throw in some "T.O, T.O., T.O., T.O, TEEE O, TEEE O!" :vikesuck:

Sunday's are a party for me here in North Jersey. My boys & I all go out to the bar & watch our respective teams. Of course, the NFL has to stick a wrench in the plans.

My brothers team (Miami) plays Thursday. The other crew (Giants fans) play Sunday night. The rest (Cowboy fans) play a nationally televised game on Sunday.

And My team plays Monday night! That means the Bar countdown gets an extra week from September 10th to September 17th........

I am also interested in what the #'s would be for that 10:15 EST start for the Bolts/Raiders game.

Just saw this on ESPN boards.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/333218.html

"The Vikings will play the first-ever regular-season Monday night game on ESPN, according to league sources.

An announcement will be made later today that the Vikings will play Washington at 6 p.m. on Sept. 11 at FedEx Field in the first game of a doubleheader. Oakland will visit San Diego at 9:15 p.m. in the second game."

Awesome! I'm going to mark this on the calendar now, so that I don't forget! :)

CarrollsMine99.

The Vikings-Redskins game will features new Minnesota coach Brad Childress against a team which added a slew of free agents to an already talented 2005 playoff roster.

I thought about this right after I started the thread but I have a feeling that our coverage by ESPN will be altered since they are now going to be featuring us in their first ever Monday Night game. They are going to want to sell the hell out of the game which means complimenting us.

I wish I could sit in on the meeting and you hear Lenny the Hut say "You want me to write what?"

I thought about this right after I started the thread but I have a feeling that our coverage by ESPN will be altered since they are now going to be featuring us in their first ever Monday Night game. They are going to want to sell the hell out of the game which means complimenting us.

I wish I could sit in on the meeting and you hear Lenny the Hut say "You want me to write what?"

Now thats an interesting point. I'll be watching for it.:cheers:

Yeah, I'm leaving at 2:00 p.m. that day to make sure I'm home in front of my TV on the west coast. :point2sky

I'm staging a fake kidnapping of myself, but I'll engineer a breathtaking escape and vow to find them if it takes forever after the game.

Between Brunell and Brad Johnson, there might be a record for passes thrown to the flats.

You know, it's a shame it's not a heavyweight-title fight between Brunell and Brad Johnson. That way, you could have it in Las Vegas and call it, "Two Geezers at Caesar's!"

Archived