Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Open ESPN MNF vs. Vikings (Merged)

ouvan59

Just saw this on ESPN boards.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/333218.html

"The Vikings will play the first-ever regular-season Monday night game on ESPN, according to league sources.

An announcement will be made later today that the Vikings will play Washington at 6 p.m. on Sept. 11 at FedEx Field in the first game of a doubleheader. Oakland will visit San Diego at 9:15 p.m. in the second game."

Well, looks like I won't be at work on Sep 11 this year! I think I'm going to show up at FedEx at 9:00 am and start drinking like it was my job. Man, why does football season have to be 6 months away, I can't wait to yell SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOT after Moss burns him for a TD. I think bears really have something going with that whole hibernating thing. Wake me up when it's mid August please.

Guest santana4prez

I feel sorry for Brad Childress his first game as Vikings Head Coach is at Fed Ex Field vs Joe Gibbs.:laugh:

Why the redskins and vikings? Why not Viks vs pack or redskins vs cowboys. Who the hell wants to see the redskins and vikes play other then redskins and vikings fans.

A lot of people will. Vikes had a hell of an offseason so far, as we have... so theres that angle.

Vikes are considered a team that could contend, as we are... another angle

i like the improvements the vikes made this offseason.

they bumped up their line with hutch and a healthy matt burke. they picked up chester taylor to be the first running back they have had in about 10 years (he's no portis, but he is a good westbrook-esq back). you can't hate on brad johnson, plus they have good receivers.

it should be a good game. i think its a good call by espn to market these two teams off the bat.

Archived