Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Open ESPN MNF vs. Vikings (Merged)

ouvan59

well...we've been opening the past few seasons with wins so i'm not complaining too much. but it would be cool to have a little more drama as a season opener. though i knew we wouldn't be that bad last year, i was a little downed out about the opener that i paid alot to go see. i mean we were both predicted to be pretty bad but look what happened. both in the playoffs. you never do know what can happen in a season. this game could end up being just as interesting a storyline as last year. i am rambling now and probably sound like an idiot but you get what i'm saying. let's start this season out strong.

HAIL!

Minnesota Vikings... new coaching staff... new systems... indoor team playing outdoors on grass... the Vikings a horrible road team.... playing MNF to open the season at FedEx Field.

Thanks Mr Tagliabue :)

Although, I'm not a fan of MNF games... short week going into week #2. I bet we play Dallas that Sunday :) Hopefully, no more MNF games.

I guess all the moves we made have got people excited about us or Snyder paid Tagliabue off! It doesnt matter to me either way we open up the season in primetime, that's big!

Oh and it also helps that we get a team that is kinda in a rebuilding mode to start the season off right with! :applause:

I HATE MNF games.....its too much agony waiting for the game to start.
Yea but every other team along with about a billion viewers will be tuned in. They will all get a first hand look at........

the loudest stadium in the NFL

the greatest fan base anywhere

a super bowl contender

On the first MNF game of the year

WOOO HOOOOO:applause:

Let's put something in perspective here for anyone who is worried about the Vikings. Granted their staff has change, you do remember we beat them in Gibbs first year to ruin their playoff opportunity. Ramsey was our QB, Betts was our RB, we have bad WR's and we also had Garnell Wilds playing CB for us. The Vikings had Daunte and Moss in that game and they needed to win to get to the playoffs. I must say I am definetly like our chances in this one.

I'm not complaining about the Skins getting the Monday night exposure right off the bat (and an early start time to boot), but the matchups in both games do seem like a bit of a departure from Monday night openers. For a while it seemed like the Monday night opener would feature the Super Bowl champs against someone. And even though the past few years have featured the SB champs on the Thursday night opener (New England and now Pittsburgh), you've had some interesting Monday night openers like repeats of the NFC title games (Atlanta-Philly last year, Tampa-Philly a few years ago). Of the four teams in the MNF doubleheader, the Skins are the only one that even made the playoffs last year. How does San Diego and Oakland rate the second game? I guess Seattle and Carolina weren't considered big enough markets, and where's Denver?

I'm not complaining about the Skins getting the Monday night exposure right off the bat (and an early start time to boot), but the matchups in both games do seem like a bit of a departure from Monday night openers. For a while it seemed like the Monday night opener would feature the Super Bowl champs against someone. And even though the past few years have featured the SB champs on the Thursday night opener (New England and now Pittsburgh), you've had some interesting Monday night openers like repeats of the NFC title games (Atlanta-Philly last year, Tampa-Philly a few years ago). Of the four teams in the MNF doubleheader, the Skins are the only one that even made the playoffs last year. How does San Diego and Oakland rate the second game? I guess Seattle and Carolina weren't considered big enough markets, and where's Denver?

Agree here is my idea for monday night games and sunday night games.

Sunday Night:

Denver Broncos At Oakland Raiders- Big Rivalry

Pittsburgh Vs "Top Super Bowl Favorite"- Super Bowl 40 Champion Vs the Predicted Super Bowl 41 Champion

Monday Night:

Washington Redskins At Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Close, heart slowing, games.

Atlanta Falcons Vs Green Bay Packers- AKA, Micheal Vick Vs Brett Favre

why not the Dallas Cowboys on MNF at Fedex, Redskins played Dallas at their

hometurf last season, now dallas should play the Redskins at Fedex on MNF

why the Vikings??? well as long as the REDSKINS are victorious, hope the

Redskins smash the Vikings, it would be a good way to open the season.

Hope we don't have some early season blunders, losing to Minnesota would

be one. I'd like to see the REDSKINS make a statement against Minnesota,

the REDSKINS crowd needs to BE LOUD, very very LOUD, it's MNF, it's prime

time.

REDSKINS 40

VIKINGS 12 (all field goals):laugh:

GO REDSKINS !!!!!:helmet:

I am so pumped...I will get home at a halfway decent time!! And the MNF opener! The fans will be rockin' and representing to the whole nation that the Redskins are for real and a contender. I think the Skins will come out and show everyone what's to come for the rest of the season. WOOHOO!! :D

why not the Dallas Cowboys on MNF at Fedex, Redskins played Dallas at their

hometurf last season, now dallas should play the Redskins at Fedex on MNF

why the Vikings??? well as long as the REDSKINS are victorious, hope the

Redskins smash the Vikings, it would be a good way to open the season.

Hope we don't have some early season blunders, losing to Minnesota would

be one. I'd like to see the REDSKINS make a statement against Minnesota,

the REDSKINS crowd needs to BE LOUD, very very LOUD, it's MNF, it's prime

time. :laugh:

REDSKINS 40

VIKINGS 12 (all field goals)

GO REDSKINS !!!!!:helmet:

Hopefully its because they want to get skns vs. cowboys on MNF later in the year where there can be playoff implications.

Archived