Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Open ESPN MNF vs. Vikings (Merged)

ouvan59

Sunday's are a party for me here in North Jersey. My boys & I all go out to the bar & watch our respective teams. Of course, the NFL has to stick a wrench in the plans.

My brothers team (Miami) plays Thursday. The other crew (Giants fans) play Sunday night. The rest (Cowboy fans) play a nationally televised game on Sunday.

And My team plays Monday night! That means the Bar countdown gets an extra week from September 10th to September 17th........

I am also interested in what the #'s would be for that 10:15 EST start for the Bolts/Raiders game.

I guess you'll just have to go to the bar Thursday, Sunday, and Monday!!!! Sounds like fun to me!

wow. 9/11 no less. this ought to be a special night. I hope Dan and the NFL do right by the folks just down the road at the Pentagon with some sort of low key memorial.

Opening day for us last year was on 9/11 also. I remember cause my wife told me I was crazy for going to a big stadium like that on the anniversary of 9/11. I told her whatever!! If i gotta go I should be so lucky as to go cheering on the skins!

Sunday's are a party for me here in North Jersey. My boys & I all go out to the bar & watch our respective teams. Of course, the NFL has to stick a wrench in the plans.

My brothers team (Miami) plays Thursday. The other crew (Giants fans) play Sunday night. The rest (Cowboy fans) play a nationally televised game on Sunday.

And My team plays Monday night! That means the Bar countdown gets an extra week from September 10th to September 17th........

I don't see the problem. :D:cheers:

Many teams "improved" themselves in FA. With a new coach, a relatively new owner, and a team that was, and is mired in controversy, i would call that turmoil. Don't call me ignorant. You think that last season means nothing to these players? Then why did Culpepper want out? They will try to forget but the media won't let them. They were in the worst division in football last year and still struggled. I didn't say I think we will roll over the, I said we MUST, if we want to prove our dominance. Taylor is not a starting RB, they have no Backup QB. Youmy friend are ignorant for thinking that a couple offseason moves and new coach will miraculously change the landscape of the franchise.

i never called "you" ignorant, i said that having that assumption is ignorant.

Taylor will be their starting back and Chidlress will use him exactly like he used westbrook next season, successfully. Culpepper wanted out because he wanted a new start, and to knock Wolf for making every improvement to the structural organization of that team that he implored the commissioner for is a very unfair comment.

the vikes were also extremely banged up last year and had a good defense. you seem to forget that they finished 9-7 last year and ran off 6 in a row and 7 of 9 to close out the season. i might be wrong about this, but last i checked, nate burelson was a restricted free agent and is still on the vikes.

This effn' SUCKS!!!!

I don't go to the Monday Night games anymore. I just sell my tickets and sit at home and watch it.

BUT, since we are playing on Monday Night for the first game of the year, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

I can't miss the opening game, so I will be there. The tailgating will be off the hook.

Just glad it isn't the late Monday Night game.

What is the NFL thinking???

Who in their right mind would want to go to a game that STARTS at 10:30pm on a Monday night??? :doh:

Not me.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0306/313892.html

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Thursday night season opener featuring Miami at Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh, and a Thanksgiving night game at Kansas City highlight a portion of the NFL scheduled announced Monday. The league's new tradition of opening on a Thursday night moves to NBC, which has taken over one of the prime-time television packages. The Dolphins, who finished 9-7 last season, will play at the Steelers on Sept. 7 at 8:30 p.m. EST.

NBC's first Sunday night matchup will be a brotherly quarterback feud between the Mannings as Peyton brings his Indianapolis Colts to the Meadowlands to play Eli and the Giants at 8:15 p.m. EST.

The main national TV doubleheader game for the full opening day Sept. 10 has Dallas at Jacksonville at 4:15 p.m. EST.

With ESPN taking over the Monday night package, the league scheduled a doubleheader for Sept. 11. Minnesota will visit Washington at 7 p.m. EST, followed by San Diego at Oakland at 10:15 p.m. EST.

That's an odd coupling. While the Redskins (website - news) sell out every game and have led the NFL in attendance for six straight years, the Raiders rarely have a full stadium. That raises the potential for a blackout in the Bay Area for the game with the Chargers.

The Thanksgiving lineup features the Dolphins at Detroit at 12:30 p.m. EST, followed by Tampa Bay at Dallas at 4:15 p.m. EST. And the league has added a third holiday game, with the Broncos visiting the Chiefs at 8 p.m. EST.

The Chiefs used to host a Thanksgiving Day game in the AFL days and have long campaigned to host one in the NFL.

"I've thought all those games should be rotated," Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt said Monday. "But it's a plus for us to have the first one at night.

"We have a history in them. We always hosted them before the merger, and we've wanted to do it again."

The Broncos-Chiefs match will be the first live, in-season game on NFL Network, which will show eight prime-time games from Thanksgiving through the end of the season. Those games will be on either Thursday or Saturday nights.

"It ought to bring a great rating," Hunt said. "People will be worn out from all of their Thanksgiving Day activities, so they can sit down and enjoy the game."

The entire schedule will be released in early April.

Monday night football at FedEx.

I can't think of a better way to open the 2006 season.

Only problem is waiting all weekend to see them :(

EDIT: What was all that talk about Dallas/Washington on Thanksgiving? Looks like that was a rumor.

Who in their right mind would want to go to a game that STARTS at 10:30pm on a Monday night??? :doh:

Not me.

You just need to give up the not coming to night games thing. You know if the skins are playing a meaningful game and you have tickets, your gonna be there. :silly:

Also for the people goig to the 10 game that would actually be a kickoff of around 7 for them too. With the time difference.

Archived