Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(RUMOR) Skins and DE Abraham...

Taylor 21

Carter and Abraham both play Right End....Neither is built to play end over the tight end....

Lets use the remaining money we do have to bring re-sign Ran Clark and then focus on the draft...

Yet both are converted LB's from college that have become DE's. Carter actually played WSLB last year.

If Williams wants both (which has to be the case if we are even in the running and hosting the guy on Sunday), then there might be a plan to play Carter at LB and Abraham at RDE.

Yet both are converted LB's from college that have become DE's. Carter actually played WSLB last year.

If Williams wants both (which has to be the case if we are even in the running and hosting the guy on Sunday), then there might be a plan to play Carter at LB and Abraham at RDE.

I heard on Comcast, I believe it was Comcast, tonight that Carter was signed to take over Arringtons spot. If we do not get JA, I see us just staying with our DEs as they are.

This thread needs to be assasinated, asap. I mean straight up Jimmy Hoffa style, because everytime I see this thread at the top of the page I think some new news has come in through the wire. And like a little kid at Christmas I click to look at what's going on, and it's just another twenty pages of ya'll trying to make sense of nothing. I'm coming in for a fly by tommorrow morning, and it wouldn't suprise me none to see another thirty pages of wishful thinking and "professional insight". Truth? I want Abraham, too. But I need a little something more then "he said, she said" if I'm gonna keep my hopes up like this. The horse ain't dead yet, but it needs some food and water badly.

Carter will play LB and hopefully we found a gem just like Marcus W. I think that our DE are fine for this season with exception that Carter will probably play the role we all had in mind for the perfect Arringtons situation but with lesser expectations. 3rd down Dline????

John Clayton reported last night that Patrick Ramsey would be dealt within the next 24 hours. That means sometime today, if Clayton is accurate. That also means that a deal is in place, likely with the Jets. It's probably just for a draft pick, but, we'll see. Every day brings us a new player, why should Tuesday be any different?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/399541p-338520c.html

Meanwhile, the market for DE John Abraham, who is being shopped by the Jets, could be drying up. The Redskins, who played host to Abraham Sunday night, can be crossed off the list of potential landing spots; they signed former 49ers DE Andre Carter yesterday to a six-year, $30 million contract.

The Broncos, thought to be the front-runners, may be cooling on Abraham because of old off-the-field issues. The Falcons, Seahawks and Browns are thought to be interested, and he may visit some of those teams this week.

Abraham's asking price, believed to be around $18 million in guarantees, might be turning off potential suitors. The other top defensive ends, Carter and Darren Howard (Eagles), have received in the neighborhood of $9 million to $10 million in signing bonuses.

The Jets concluded visits yesterday by Bengals QB Jon Kitna, Steelers DE Kimo von Oelhoffen and Cowboys TE Dan Campbell. They appear close to making a decision on a quarterback, with Kitna and the Redskins' Patrick Ramsey the leading candidates. Former Jets tackle Jason Fabini visited with the Bucs yesterday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/399541p-338520c.html

Meanwhile, the market for DE John Abraham, who is being shopped by the Jets, could be drying up. The Redskins, who played host to Abraham Sunday night, can be crossed off the list of potential landing spots; they signed former 49ers DE Andre Carter yesterday to a six-year, $30 million contract.

The Broncos, thought to be the front-runners, may be cooling on Abraham because of old off-the-field issues. The Falcons, Seahawks and Browns are thought to be interested, and he may visit some of those teams this week.

Abraham's asking price, believed to be around $18 million in guarantees, might be turning off potential suitors. The other top defensive ends, Carter and Darren Howard (Eagles), have received in the neighborhood of $9 million to $10 million in signing bonuses.

The Jets concluded visits yesterday by Bengals QB Jon Kitna, Steelers DE Kimo von Oelhoffen and Cowboys TE Dan Campbell. They appear close to making a decision on a quarterback, with Kitna and the Redskins' Patrick Ramsey the leading candidates. Former Jets tackle Jason Fabini visited with the Bucs yesterday.

Knew it was to good to be true but also is probably for the better........... :cheers:

I love how even though we are adding on just rediculously good players, last year we had nada and still fought our hearts out to be 11-7 in the end..... and people will say oh well sure yal are good now because youve got lloyd, randle el, carter......but little do they remember when ONE 5'10 guy tore apart every opponent, an 'old' QB that passed for 3000+, 23 TD 10 INT and everyone said 'why didnt he retire', a gritty chris cooley who was the best recieving tight end/fullback in the league hands down, a running back everyone wishes they had so instead they accept the notion that somehow WE got the bad end of that trade, and finally (sorry if i forgot any playerswho deserve the shout out) Mike Sellars who touched the football 13 times and had 8 TD's ...by far an NFL record...haha not sure exactly what stat that is...but its at least a 'did you know'?......have a good one fellas.

Knew it was to good to be true but also is probably for the better........... :cheers:

the assumption is that we won't pursue Abraham because we signed Carter. I don't think you can make that connection. We may plug Carter into Lavar's spot which means we could still use a DE. Besides, we didn't stop pursuing Randle-El even though we had traded for Lloyd.

the assumption is that we won't pursue Abraham because we signed Carter. I don't think you can make that connection. We may plug Carter into Lavar's spot which means we could still use a DE. Besides, we didn't stop pursuing Randle-El even though we had traded for Lloyd.

I was thinking the same thing.

How many times since Lloyd's signing did we read "we'll never get Randle El now," or something to that effect?

Have the 'Skins actually come out a said whether Carter would be a DE or OLB? The official announcement hasn't even been made yet in regards to his signing.

Well I think Carter is the prototypical RE in a 4-3. I think the question that should be asked, is Abraham a target as a DE or an OLB? Abraham has played LB in a 4-3 before. Carter has NOT. SF used him as an OLB last year in their 3-4. Abrham has the experience and versatility to play OLB in the 4-3 or 3-4 as well as DE in the 4-3.

GULP...here is another rumor...one that I think really sucks

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=2074

Thanks for posting that rumor just so we can have an idea what may be going on, but I don't beleive that for one second.

All the Jets want for Abraham is a 1st rounder. Why would we give them a 1st, a 2nd, AND a former 1st round QB for a defensive end? We would be getting MAJORLY screwed over. I can see us trading Ramsey and a 2nd, or maybe even Ramsey and next years 1st, but not Ramsey, a 1st and a 2nd. that's just rediculous.

I'd give up a #1 for him. Imagine our front four then!!! We could drop 7 in coverage and still get to the QB. The mad scientist (GW) must be salivating thinking about that.

a second this year...NEXT YEAR'S 1st, plus Ram!! I would be disappointed but whatever

Thanks for posting that rumor just so we can have an idea what may be going on, but I don't beleive that for one second.

All the Jets want for Abraham is a 1st rounder. Why would we give them a 1st, a 2nd, AND a former 1st round QB for a defensive end? We would be getting MAJORLY screwed over. I can see us trading Ramsey and a 2nd, or maybe even Ramsey and next years 1st, but not Ramsey, a 1st and a 2nd. that's just rediculous.

I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't on WFAN 660. Pretty reliable...even if it is a rumor. BTW I completely agree with you.

Archived