Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(RUMOR) Skins and DE Abraham...

Taylor 21

I would seriously question our FO's decision making if that went down, but it wouldnt be the first time.

Lets hope we're not getting fleeced...give me a break man, Culpepper was just traded for a 2nd rd pick, youre telling me Abraham is worth that, PLUS a first, PLUS a 1st rd QB???

Im happy with our signings.....Abraham would be the icing on the cake but I think that we've defintely made some solid acquisitions in FA

Yeah, i couldnt agree more. If we get him, that'll top off an already great offseason. All we would need to add is depth at corner, o-line, and d-line, which we'd probably address in the draft anyway.

I really hope a deal gets done.

GULP...here is another rumor...one that I think really sucks

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=2074

I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. It seems to me like we have adopted a psuedo George Allen philosophy. The difference being we are spending draft picks on proven players who are entering their prime, instead of "Over the Hill." I think spending our money on proven vets is better than keeping draft picks, really.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more draft picks get dealt away.

Hail,

H

I just checked the ESPN rumor central and they do say that Abraham is meeting with the Redskins. Also said that the Bengals are interested in Arrington.

I am surprised Marvin Lewis would want to bring Lavar in, didn't Lewis have issues with him.

Yeah, i couldnt agree more. If we get him, that'll top off an already great offseason. All we would need to add is depth at corner, o-line, and d-line, which we'd probably address in the draft anyway.

I really hope a deal gets done.

Which draft? 06? If that goes down we have a 3rd, 2 6ths, and a 7th.

I wouldn't give them a second rounder. Just Ramsey plus next years 1st. We'll be picking at #32 anyways. So might as well pick in the 2nd round so we don't have to pay first round money. We could get a quality lineman at that point. Abraham has at least 3 good years left in him. And he'd be a difference maker.

Think about it. You would have to double him. And Corny proved that he can't be blocked 1v1. So our front four would be nasty. Throw in a blitz or two from AA and you have the makings of a really sick defense. Turn over city baby!

Don't get caught up in the trap like Philly. Do you want to win the Draft/Salary cap battle or do you want a SB? I'd gladly take a SB win. Even if we had to go thru 5 years of hell later on. It's been too long now as it is.

Ramsey, this year's 2nd, and next year's 1st for Abraham is an awful trade, it's highway robbery. The Jets don't have that much leverage in demands for Abraham, and Gibbs is not that dumb. We don't need Abraham and his selfishness and the monster contract he's going to demand, especially not at that price. I'd rather trade Ramsey for that 5th and conditional pick next year that was rumored a few days ago.

Ha, ha, ha, these Abraham rumors seem endless. I thought they were over yesterday. I sure don't like the thought of trading Ramsey and a 2 and 1 for him.

Abraham is worth a low first rounder. That's it. The Jets aren't going to get 2 very high picks for Abraham plus a player.

That's basically what teams pay to move up to the #1 overall position in the draft :)

I wouldn't give them a second rounder. Just Ramsey plus next years 1st. We'll be picking at #32 anyways. So might as well pick in the 2nd round so we don't have to pay first round money. We could get a quality lineman at that point. Abraham has at least 3 good years left in him. And he'd be a difference maker.

Think about it. You would have to double him. And Corny proved that he can't be blocked 1v1. So our front four would be nasty. Throw in a blitz or two from AA and you have the makings of a really sick defense. Turn over city baby!

Don't get caught up in the trap like Philly. Do you want to win the Draft/Salary cap battle or do you want a SB? I'd gladly take a SB win. Even if we had to go thru 5 years of hell later on. It's been too long now as it is.

abraham is only 28 id say 5 to 6 more years not 3

The only way this makes sense is if they give us a pick or two next year too. (even then I'm not really happy about it) Maybe a conditional 2nd and 4th or something like that, depending on how Ramsey does.

Or maybe our 1st can be downgraded if Abraham does nothing.

(crap, why am I even considering this :laugh:, Andyman already said it ain't happening)

Ramsey, this year's 2nd, and next year's 1st for Abraham is an awful trade, it's highway robbery. The Jets don't have that much leverage in demands for Abraham, and Gibbs is not that dumb. We don't need Abraham and his selfishness and the monster contract he's going to demand, especially not at that price. I'd rather trade Ramsey for that 5th and conditional pick next year that was rumored a few days ago.

This last rumor goes against Andyman's take - I smell BS.

Archived