Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(RUMOR) Skins and DE Abraham...

Taylor 21

If we only get one or the other... I don't care.... still a great Monday. IF... IF we get both... unlikely but possible (I predict P-Ram, 2nd now, maybe 2nd or 3rd next year if we trade) I see the line being:

LE Carter

LDT Griffin

RDT Daniels

RE Abraham

We have I believe 7 linebackers... we don't need to take a natural speed rushing end type and stick him where his cover skills would turn into a weakness.

If we don't get them both... so what... either one will be a boost compared to Wynn who is good run stopper but hasn't smelled a QB since P-Ram walked past him in the locker room with body odor :D

Salavea is the other DT, Abraham would be RE, and Carter would be LE sometimes, and LB other times. Daniels will be LE in run stopping schemes, Carter in passing and 3-4 schemes. Evans or Wynn would slide over to be the third DT. When Carter isn't LB, either Clemons or recently resigned Khary Campbell will be LB. McCune will be the second MLB in 3-4 sets.

If we only get one or the other... I don't care.... still a great Monday. IF... IF we get both... unlikely but possible (I predict P-Ram, 2nd now, maybe 2nd or 3rd next year if we trade) I see the line being:

LE Carter

LDT Griffin

RDT Daniels

RE Abraham

We have I believe 7 linebackers... we don't need to take a natural speed rushing end type and stick him where his cover skills would turn into a weakness.

If we don't get them both... so what... either one will be a boost compared to Wynn who is good run stopper but hasn't smelled a QB since P-Ram walked past him in the locker room with body odor :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Salavea is the other DT, Abraham would be RE, and Carter would be LE sometimes, and LB other times. Daniels will be LE in run stopping schemes, Carter in passing and 3-4 schemes. Evans or Wynn would slide over to be the third DT. When Carter isn't LB, either Clemons or recently resigned Khary Campbell will be LB. McCune will be the second MLB in 3-4 sets.

That's the way I see it as well. It would be great to have Abraham brought in. I'm guessing if this does happen, It's Ramsey, Patten, and 07 3rd for JA.

I really do not see us signing both Carter and Abraham. I personally would rather have Carter because Abraham is a great talent but I just don't think he is a team guy. Whenever I think of guys like Lloyd, Randle-El, Archuleta, and Fauria nothing real negative comes to mind. But when I think of Abraham, I always reflect on the Jets playoff game where he sat out because he was "injured" but we all knew he just didn't want to risk further injury and have that take down his market value during free agency. Everyone is banged up at that point in the season, he just did not want to risk losing a big pay-day.

100% correct !!!

at the very least he is high maintanence, requiring constant massaging of his ego. that won't happen with williams.

at the worst he is a clubhouse problem and whiner.. lets stick with carter, resign demetric evans and spend a draft pick on the defensive side of the ball in round 2 taking the best player who falls to us there

If we get both Carter and Abraham, today will be officially my greatest birthday ever!!! Even if it's ONLY Carter, we are looking like the greatest team on paper in NFL HISTORY!! God is smiling on Redskin country today. Thank you LORD!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Yeah I dont see this as a good thing. Not to be a negative nancy or anything, but I havent seen a team sign this many players and win the super bowl the following year. I also havent seen a team with Gibbs, GW, and Al Saunders as their coaches. I'm not so sure all of this will work out, but I trust putting this talent with these coaches should. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Our offense will have 9 starters from last year still starting and a 10th on the bench. Our defense will have 8/9 (depending if you viewed Harris as a real starter or a fill in) starters back and starting with the potential to keep another (Clark) as depth. This team will not be entirely different. It'll be different in JUST the right ways. Targeted depth moves like this that increase our skill and length of skill. EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE will sign seven or eight free agents and/or add 10 to 12 free agents/drafted players.

Our offense will have 9 starters from last year still starting and a 10th on the bench. Our defense will have 8/9 (depending if you viewed Harris as a real starter or a fill in) starters back and starting with the potential to keep another (Clark) as depth. This team will not be entirely different. It'll be different in JUST the right ways. Targeted depth moves like this that increase our skill and length of skill. EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE will sign seven or eight free agents and/or add 10 to 12 free agents/drafted players.

Just like taking an already fast car and adding a few performance part to make it wicked fast

:movefast:

God, I hope we get this guy if for no reason other than sticking it to the Jets fans. I was checking out the Ganggreen forums, and my God, what a bunch of sorry, whiny, bitter, unknowledgeble little ****s.

BTW, it says over there that Abe is VISTING the Skins tonight.

Well put. I initially freaked out a bit too with all the signings (in a good way), but the plan the Skins are implementing is exactly what I would want them to do. WRs, Defensive Backfield, DE...all we need is a nickel corner and I think we get that with our 2nd round pick.

Fortunately, there's a foundation (nucleus) right now of right characters that won't let any new egos take over. There's a strong culture right now of leadership and sacrifice. That's a good environment to add pieces.

I know I'll take flak, but I personally feel that this is where Lavar ran into trouble. But thats just me.

Archived